• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings4Life19

This is the "adversity" that Babs talks about

Rate this topic

Babcock says that every cup winner will have to go through adversity at one time or another, the wings being down 0-2 is just more of it in an adversity filled season. weather its playing with an AHL team, being down 2-1 in a series, or a game 7 the wings have responded and responded with a fury. i don't expect this situation to be any different. add in the fact that they will feed off of the officiating and i would be "Shocked" if the wings don't go back to cali with a 2-2 series and some worried SJ players

Agreed. I didn't get to watch the game last night, but after reading the GDT and some of the reports on mlive, I get the impression that it was Game 1 all over again, except this time the Wings blew a 3rd period lead.

I am confident that the team can respond and make a series out of it again, but they have to start winning faceoffs, I literally can't remember the last time Zetterberg won a faceoff, even going back to the Phoenix series and regular season, he's been that atrocious, I'd say have Filppula take all the faceoffs for that line, but he hasn't been any better in this series either.

I was livid after the Franzen penalty in Game 1 and it took me a long time to settle back down afterwards, once I came to the realization that the Wings have battled through similar adversity all season, and I feel good about their chances at home, but if the calls keep going this badly against the Red Wings, I don't think I will be able to keep my sanity.

Win faceoffs = Win games.

Our offense has been playing at the level they need to be, defense has been hampered by lack of ability to control draws in our own zone, PK could be better but they have been overworked, PP has been acceptable (at least the 1st unit, 2nd unit needs to step up), we can win this but we have to dictate the play instead of reacting to what is dealt to us, either by the Sharks or the refs, we need a fight early in game 3 to wake the team up, preferably Ericsson vs. Clowe round 2, but anyone will do. Maybe Eaves can fight Pavelski and throw him off his game :fingerscrossed:

Don't forget that being at home, we will get last change. This makes it a lot easier for Babs to get the match-ups he wants against the Jumbo Joe/Heatley line, and Pavelski's line.

All signs are pointing to a game 3 victory for the Wings!! I've got my tickets :D