If you're looking for self-help, why would you read a book written by someone else? That's not self-help, that's help. Besides, if you did it yourself, you didn't need help.
Here's some bumper stickers I'd like to see:
- We are the proud parents of a child whose self esteem is sufficient that he doesn't need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.
- We are the proud parents of a child who has resisted his teachers' attempts to break his spirit and bend him to the will of his corporate masters.
- We have a daughter in public school who hasn't been knocked up yet.
- We have a son in public school who hasn't shot any of his classmates yet. But he does sell drugs to your honor student. Plus he knocked up your daughter.
- We are the embarrassed parents of a cross-eyed little nit-wit who at the age of ten not only continues to wet the bed but also s***s on the school bus.