• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

going_top_shelf

OHL Player lays out opposing goalie

Rate this topic

Oh man, if I saw something that deliberate, that nasty, anywhere in the NHL, I would want a league suspension, but only as a prelude to the offending player's face getting bitten off. In little pieces. With some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

"We've got a minor penalty to #44. 2 minutes for watching internet clip".....oh I'm sorry, I thought game 2 was still on.

On a serious note: That was a blatant cheap shot. It's weird that this happens so much in the O seeing how it is one of the primiere junior hockey leagues.

Guest scottj

what a d-bag... did you see that guys hair and sideburns though? I'm surprised he didn't take off his pants n start s***ting on the ice while doing snow angels in his own feces

dude looks like a retarded ass tool

... n then he yells at the refs lol

god people are ******* dumb

Edited by scottj

I saw that earlier (I think it was a link from Yahoo). As the caption said, guess he didn't feeling like playing in that game. The goalie just laughed it off. Some of the comments about Archibald, the dumbass who ran the goalie, were pretty damn funny. Archibald appears to be African-Canadian (bear with me and my PC-ness ugh) with one ugly ass blonde afro-hawk. A comment left was:

Man, normally a hair cut like that says "I make good decisions" :thumbup::lol:

On his way off the ice, he was chirping with some fans and tugged at his name-plate like he's a tough guy. Real tough, bowling over the Michelin tire man haha

I watched that live on sportsnet the other night. I believe he got suspended for that today. Also they was a couple scrums before that and i think another Barrie player got suspended as well.

EDIT: yep, here it is

Barrie Colts' Darren Archibald is suspended indefinitely after a Game 3 incident on Sunday where he ran Windsor Spitfires' goalie Phillipp Grubauer.

The incident took place late in the third period with Barrie down 5-2; Archibald caught Grubauer behind the net, knocking the goalie to the ice. Windsor's Craig Duininck jumped to his teammate's defence and fought Archibald, who received a match penalty for the hit.

The Colts are down 3-0 and face elimination when the series resumes on Tuesday.

Windsor's Adam Wallace (inappropriate physical interaction with an opponent) and Barrie's Zac Rinaldo (physical interaction with an official) have also been suspended indefinitely.

http://www.tsn.ca/story/print/?id=320410

Edited by 10 Minute Misconduct

This is why I'm such a bad man. See, I wanted Lebda to absolutely run Nabby in game 2. My thoughts were..."you wanna see goalie interference? here's some goalie interference for ya"....

Lebda out wouldn't be that big of a deal, huh?

OT, cool that the goalie was laughing. I've never played goalie, but can you even hurt one by checking them to the ice? All those pads.....

I must be the only one that doesn't see the huge deal here. Yes, he's a ****** for doing what he did, should have gotten his ass kicked and all that, but some are suggesting he should be kicked out of hockey?? If he had hit a defenseman it would have been a good clean hit, probably wouldn't have even knocked him down. The goalie was not hurt in anyway whatsoever.

Let's be clear, I don't think it was a clean play that should go unpunished, but if this happened in the NHL, I'm guessing he would have gotten his ass kicked, but only a 2 min penalty on the actual contact with the goalie....not an indefinite suspension (by the way, I think there were other things going on that played into the suspension).

I must be the only one that doesn't see the huge deal here. Yes, he's a ****** for doing what he did, should have gotten his ass kicked and all that, but some are suggesting he should be kicked out of hockey?? If he had hit a defenseman it would have been a good clean hit, probably wouldn't have even knocked him down. The goalie was not hurt in anyway whatsoever.

Let's be clear, I don't think it was a clean play that should go unpunished, but if this happened in the NHL, I'm guessing he would have gotten his ass kicked, but only a 2 min penalty on the actual contact with the goalie....not an indefinite suspension (by the way, I think there were other things going on that played into the suspension).

Couldn't agree with this post more. Penalty and maybe a one game suspension just because it's the way hockey is governed these days. It shows how much this sport and it's fan base has changed, running a goalie wasn't that uncommon of an occurrence 20 years ago.

This is why I'm such a bad man. See, I wanted Lebda to absolutely run Nabby in game 2. My thoughts were..."you wanna see goalie interference? here's some goalie interference for ya"....

Yeah? Just turn that around for a second, and imagine how you'd feel and what would happen if Murray pulled a freight train collision like that on Howard.

I wouldn't even be asking for a penalty for the third, fourth, fifth man in, execution by dogpile, etc., I would throw Murray or anyone else under a bus, thinking, "You asked for it, moron."

Owen Nolan did that once as a Shark. I was ******* livid, and happy to see that a lot of fans were too.

In game 1 of this series I laughed when Howard got sprayed by Thornton. Then I thought about it afterward, putting Nabby in his place, with Zetterberg throwing out the spray. Not so funny then. Thornton took a punch to the left side of his face for that, and how could whoever threw that punch be faulted?

I'm really old fashioned about that kind of stuff. Goaltenders are sacred cows. You don't spray them, rush them, ram them, deliberately aim for their masks...unless he's a complete ******* of course, and thinks it's OK to do in reverse.

Yeah? Just turn that around for a second, and imagine how you'd feel and what would happen if Murray pulled a freight train collision like that on Howard.

I wouldn't even be asking for a penalty for the third, fourth, fifth man in, execution by dogpile, etc., I would throw Murray or anyone else under a bus, thinking, "You asked for it, moron."

Owen Nolan did that once as a Shark. I was ******* livid, and happy to see that a lot of fans were too.

In game 1 of this series I laughed when Howard got sprayed by Thornton. Then I thought about it afterward, putting Nabby in his place, with Zetterberg throwing out the spray. Not so funny then. Thornton took a punch to the left side of his face for that, and how could whoever threw that punch be faulted?

I'm really old fashioned about that kind of stuff. Goaltenders are sacred cows. You don't spray them, rush them, ram them, deliberately aim for their masks...unless he's a complete ******* of course, and thinks it's OK to do in reverse.

I was referring to the 2 "interference" calls in game 2. I thought Nabby's balance was exceptionally off. Not his fault that the zebras made the calls, and I certainly didn't want to see him hurt, but if the Wings have to take weak calls like that.....

Edited by HOCKEY MATTERS

I agree and have to say that the majority of that hit was taken by the glass. He barely hit him and the Goalie flew threw the air like the guy dropped a grenade at the dudes feet. BS move, but the goalie is a ****** too. I know its part of the game but I hate Diving. It reminds me too much of Basketball or worse yet Soccer. Maybe the goalie needed Spray bottle and Magic sponge after that "hit".