• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 3 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

You can't get on Howard for the OT goal. It's a s***show when they get a break like that. Maybe you get lucky, maybe you don't.

However, that soft goal at the end of the 1st and the soft goal in the 3rd are unacceptable. I feel infinitely more justified in suggesting that Babcock screwed up with the goaltending. It's just stupid to put so much on a rookie when you've got a guy like Osgood there. He never was given a fair shot, and that's a shame.

As I've said since November, it's stupid to put so much on Howard. It's not fair to him. He was set up to fail or be Patrick Roy, and the latter was unlikely to happen.

He hasn't been good enough in the playoffs and he lost this game for us. I don't blame him though. I blame Babcock. He's been making poor coaching decisions since November, and now we're suffering through the result of those poor decisions, and most unfortunately, so is Howard.

Guest mindfly

We can take solace in Ndamukong Suh and Jahvid Best leading us to the promised land

lol didn't the lions pick him already? put skates on him and put him in front of their net and defend :D

This team has lost its grit from years past. Something needs to be done in the off season. The only people that really feel like putting their body on the line are helm, datsyuk and abdelkader. Homer is slowly starting to make my s*** list, he used to just sit in front of the goalie and do his business. Now he is retaliating with stupid penalties.

too much grinding along the boards as well. not enough pressure in front of their net

This team has lost its grit from years past. Something needs to be done in the off season. The only people that really feel like putting their body on the line are helm, datsyuk and abdelkader. Homer is slowly starting to make my s*** list, he used to just sit in front of the goalie and do his business. Now he is retaliating with stupid penalties.

yeh props to those guys. esp Helm, totally wanted the puck in that OT Edited by Matty800

Also, Jimmy Howard will never be a franchise goaltender and this season was probably just some "miracle season" for him. He will never be better than Ozzie was.

I totally agree with you, since we might lose lidstrom this season, I wonder what the price tag on Halak would be?

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

During game 4, I feel like I will be just waiting for the inevitable to happen. The Wings winning this series would be a miracle.

Guest mindfly

the one good thing about an early exit is that most likely the GM will respond with changes, some injections and s***.. it will be an interesting offseason i think

well at least they didn't miss the playoffs.

I'd rather they missed the playoffs. All they did this time was waste our time and put us through the emotional roller coaster that is playoff disappointment.

I swear there was a few moments there where I was convinced they were trying to lose. Lots of lackadaisical play, soft passes, and overall carelessness with the puck.

I'll still be rooting for em in game 4, but part of me just wants to get it over with and put us out of our misery.

Not sure about you ... but this just makes me want game 7 last season back so much worse. People take for granted how hard it is to get in that position.

Exactly this. The first thing that came to my mind honestly was "f***, they should have won game 7 last year."

I hate to come out of the woodwork to say this, but I never believed in this roster. The only reason they had a chance this year was because the rest of the league is so awful. This was a rebuilding year and everyone should have recognized it with the off-season signings.

That being said, eventually the spare parts and the old players grown beyond effectiveness will be replaced. The new guys will have to learn the ropes, but in this league, and with this team, 'learning the ropes' just means they'll make the playoffs as a low seed and hope for the best like they did this year. In a few years we'll be looking at another to-be dynasty with the core locked up.

I still cant believe that goal that Howard let in, com-on it seems like his FyHole is awful or is it just me?

I agree. Howard lost us this game. First there was that awful goal at the end of the first, and then the other 2 goals before overtime. I don't get it. Before the playoffs he was a brick wall, and now he's letting in beachballs. I agree that the turnovers, penalties hurt us, but the goalie has to make the easy saves.

On a side note. What's up with the Versus feed? It seemed like it was the feed from the shark's fox sports affiliate. It just seems like the whole NHL just wants to see the Wings lose, and they wallow in it when they do lose. Next year I will be springing for the center ice feed so I can watch the FSDetroit feed through the playoffs. Those announcers are jerks.

The positives on this team are Dats, Hank, the 4th line (-Draper), Lidstrom, and Stuart.

Oh, the refs really suck in this series. They'll need body gaurds to get themselves out of the joe tonight.

Guest mindfly

I totally agree with you, since we might lose lidstrom this season, I wonder what the price tag on Halak would be?

Halak stays in montreal, they can go after carey price though, and that's awesome.

the one good thing about an early exit is that most likely the GM will respond with changes, some injections and s***.. it will be an interesting offseason i think

This will be the true test for Holland, no? We have no Datsyuks, or Zetterbergs coming in. We having aging talent and serious gaps that need filling.

That third period...awful. I have never shouted so many obscenities at my own team. I'm trying to keep the faith, Wings, but you're making it reaaaally difficult. Babcock is probably melting faces in the locker room right now.

Can we win 4 in a row? If we played like we did in the first period every second of every game, yes. I know it's a waste of time to cry over spilled milk, but that first Zetterberg goal...

No. Just save yourself. We will not beat San Jose 4 times in a row.

Come back, Maltby.

Yes, please come back 1997 Maltby, Draper and McCarty.

I think Maltby and Draper are both done at this point. Wonderful careers for these amazing Red Wings but neither can contribute effectively to a Stanley Cup Champion anymore.

Guest Four

Any chance that Howard says he feels like hanging himself?

Because that's what his play has reminded me of in this series. He whose name we must not mention.

Dude, we get it, you don't like Howard. You can quit posting on every single page now.

Guest mindfly

Oh s*** i forgot that hudler was a done deal for next season...hmm, well lidstrom will probably retire so there will be some new signings atleast