No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 3 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Osgood > Howard.

DatsyukianDeke13 ≠ Intelligence

f***. My. Life.

Ericsson got caught down low and it just had to be Marleau and Thornton back at the time.

Christ.

This series exposed what we already knew-- Howard just isn't ready to be a Cup winner yet. Maybe he's just worn out after the stretch of 25 consecutive games at the end of the year. Maybe he just isn't mentally confident (that's what tonight looked like).

In the end Howie lost this game for the Wings.

Anyone else find it hilarious that all of the sudden the Wings are getting penalized left and right? How do you go from being the second least penalized team in the league to racking up penalties like the ******* Ducks?

A pathetic third period by a team that had to win.

Pathetic.

Last time I saw the Wings get swept was 1995 in the Cup finals. Wasn't that joyful. At least that happened in New Jersey.

I feel bad for the fans who paid money to see this train wreck.

You didn't watch the 2003 series against Anaheim?

Guest mindfly

The Sharks are the wings of a couple years ago. They are better at puck possession. They force the Wings to take bad penalties. They are the better team.

Too true... "Mclellan"

Obviously they will also get into cap problems after this year, not a single team will stay competative for long in this era

Umm... right. Here's the cycle of thought fans go through.

IF: Your team misses the playoffs by a huge margin: Big changes are necessary. We'll get some great picks, at least.

IF: Your team narrowly misses the playoffs: We need a couple of players to put us over the top.

IF: Your team is eliminated in the first two rounds of the playoffs (not repeatedly): We may need a couple of minor changes, but the team is mostly solid.

IF: Your team makes the finals but does not win: Keep the team intact.

IF: Your team wins the Cup or makes the finals but fails to make the finals the next year: We need big changes.

It's pretty ridiculous.

You obviously don't know how to run a team.

The team is getting slower. Getting less skilled. Weaker on the back end. Possibly weaker in goal (of course possibly better in goal). Holland needs to do SOMETHING to rebuild this team, because they are now on the verge of being swept on home ice to the pereniall chokers of the National Hockey league on their own ice.

I don't think the team should be scrapped, but there need to be changes.

6 penalties against the Wings, 1 against the Sharks with tons of non-calls against the sharks. Officiating once again decides this game.

The Sharks are the wings of a couple years ago. They are better at puck possession. They force the Wings to take bad penalties. They are the better team.

I agree with you 100%. I too feel excited about the Sharks this year as they show so much of a similar style now to your '07 Wings. Its time for the student Tmac to surpass his mentor, Babcock.

Good game tonight, it was tough game all night and I wasn't feeling confidant of a Sharks win tonight. JLA has always been unfriendly to the Sharks.

I still cant believe that goal that Howard let in, com-on it seems like his FyHole is awful or is it just me?

I don't know about that. His five-hole hasn't been great though.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I want to see the Sharks play the Pens in the Finals just to see how the officiating will be.

I didn't expect them to win this series, but I didn't expect them to s*** the bed, either.

What's funny is Detroit could be up 3-0 if it were for a couple mistakes in each game, so it's not for a lack of talent that they're down.

Oh, and you can't get to the conference finals with rookie goaltending, not that Nabokov has looked great, either. All three regulation Shark goals were bad goals, IMO.

6 penalties against the Wings, 1 against the Sharks with tons of non-calls against the sharks. Officiating once again decides this game.

all the calls were legit tonight.

ericsson i thought you were better then this.

williams and bert i hope you are not back next season.

Wow...I hate to give up faith...but I seriously don't see how the Wings can win a game this series.

It's embarrassing and the Sharks are the worst divers I've ever seen...but damn if the Sharks didn't kick it up to a whole other level. They are doing to the Wings what the Wings do to other teams.

Not to mention adding Williams and Lebda to the lineup isn't a move for success.

The Wings just had their best chance of the series to win a game and they choked. They weren't fast, they didn't skate like they cared, they had a lot of near misses and Howard was just terrible.

I hate to use this excuse but the Wings just looked out of gas. I'm already envisioning the off-season moves.

I hate that the season is ending, I really do. I got used to those long runs and bragging rights but this isn't like '07 when we could be proud of them even in losing. This series was theirs for the taking and they reverted back to '03-06.