WCSF Game 3 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 3

• Please log in to reply
1330 replies to this topic

#1121 Matty800

Matty800

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:47 PM

howard was too aggressive on that i reckon. left way too much space for the pass. thats one thing i dont like bout howard, comes out of the crease unnecessarily sometimes

#1122 Reilly

Reilly

Winning debates all across LGW.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

I didn't expect them to win this series, but I didn't expect them to s*** the bed, either.

What's funny is Detroit could be up 3-0 if it were for a couple mistakes in each game, so it's not for a lack of talent that they're down.

Oh, and you can't get to the conference finals with rookie goaltending, not that Nabokov has looked great, either. All three regulation Shark goals were bad goals, IMO.

#1123 fluffyvee

fluffyvee

Rookie

• Pip
  • 176 posts

Posted Image

crap, thats the fat lady singing, isnt it

#1124 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:48 PM

6 penalties against the Wings, 1 against the Sharks with tons of non-calls against the sharks. Officiating once again decides this game.

all the calls were legit tonight.
ericsson i thought you were better then this.
williams and bert i hope you are not back next season.

#1125 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Wow...I hate to give up faith...but I seriously don't see how the Wings can win a game this series.

It's embarrassing and the Sharks are the worst divers I've ever seen...but damn if the Sharks didn't kick it up to a whole other level. They are doing to the Wings what the Wings do to other teams.

Not to mention adding Williams and Lebda to the lineup isn't a move for success.

The Wings just had their best chance of the series to win a game and they choked. They weren't fast, they didn't skate like they cared, they had a lot of near misses and Howard was just terrible.

I hate to use this excuse but the Wings just looked out of gas. I'm already envisioning the off-season moves.

I hate that the season is ending, I really do. I got used to those long runs and bragging rights but this isn't like '07 when we could be proud of them even in losing. This series was theirs for the taking and they reverted back to '03-06.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#1126 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

f***. My. Life.

Ericsson got caught down low and it just had to be Marleau and Thornton back at the time.

Christ.

This series exposed what we already knew-- Howard just isn't ready to be a Cup winner yet. Maybe he's just worn out after the stretch of 25 consecutive games at the end of the year. Maybe he just isn't mentally confident (that's what tonight looked like).

In the end Howie lost this game for the Wings.

Anyone else find it hilarious that all of the sudden the Wings are getting penalized left and right? How do you go from being the second least penalized team in the league to racking up penalties like thef****** Ducks?

A pathetic third period by a team that had to win.

Pathetic.

As much as it's easy to blame Howard for that s***ty third goal.. Where was the urgency and pressure by the Red Wings? We let them walk all over us, and it was the whole team's fault (minus Hank)

O.o

#1127 IrishWing19

IrishWing19

Token Irishman

• PipPip
  • 244 posts

That was Rafalski--not Williams on D

It was still WIlliams lame shot form the outside that set up the 2 on 1 rush. God I hope Eaves is OK for game 4, I never want to see WIlliams in a Wings jersey again. Maybe he and Ericsson can get a room in Edmonton or somewhere equally forlorn.

#1128 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

6 penalties against the Wings, 1 against the Sharks with tons of non-calls against the sharks. Officiating once again decides this game.

A lazy 3rd period from the Wings that featured 2 SJ goals is what decided this game.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#1129 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Does anybody on this goddamn team have the balls to get to the front of the net with the puck?

Seriously.

Either they are ball-less wonders or they are so gassed it's a miracle they have been in any of these games.

You don't win along the boards. You gotta be in the middle of the ice. They did it exactly ONE TIME after the first and they happened to score on that ONE TIME.

This team needs an overhaul. They need a 3rd line that can hit some people, score some goals and generally not s*** down its leg. They need to get Datsyuk some wingers who can put the puck in the back of the net. Someone needs to find Franzen's mojo and give it back to him.

And honestly, someone needs to start sacrificing virgins to the hockey Gods to get LIdstrom to come back and not retire.
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#1130 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

That was Rafalski--not Williams on D

Williams was the guy who should've backup the rush of Ericsson and he did until he shot that puck wide. As I said, I dunno what the hell he did after that, because it would've been 2on2 if Williams wasn't out of position.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#1131 JPT

JPT

Rookie

• Pip
  • 117 posts

A better team would have locked it down in the 3rd. They sat back and let the Sharks take the game to them and Howard didn't do us any favors. Too many rebounds and soft goals during this whole series. Why didn't Rafalski try to take away the pass on the 2 on 1????

I'm not trying to pin the series on any individual player but not happy right now with those 2. I would love to try and be optimistic about the Wings chances at turning this series around but I can't.

#1132 sherwood40

sherwood40

Rookie

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Another horrible goaltending day by howard. ANOTHER 4 GOALS. Wow how long you going to stick with this goalie, we need ozzie in, but its too late for that now. see ya next season folks.

#1133 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

We may actually win game 4, since I expect San Jose to take the game off. But after that, we're screwed.

Then again, San Jose took this game off until Setoguchi's goal.

Babcock made a mistake having Hank take the penalty shot. Who was on the ice for us during that penalty?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1134 NEpats1028

NEpats1028

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:49 PM

Ernie Harwell and now this??? i know you can't compare the two....but geez, what a bad day to be a sports fan in Michigan

#1135 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

How many people are going to ask me the same question?

Jeebus, it's not like they ran over your dog or something.

Posted Image

#1136 zata40

zata40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

now, i still have faith in the wings....but its a long shot now. the better team will win
Posted Image

#1137 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

How many people are going to ask me the same question?

Did you see the 03' playoffs.....?:ph34r:

#1138 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

I'd be shocked if this even goes 5 at this point.

#1139 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

I didn't expect them to win this series, but I didn't expect them to s*** the bed, either.

What's funny is Detroit could be up 3-0 if it were for a couple mistakes in each game, so it's not for a lack of talent that they're down.

Oh, and you can't get to the conference finals with rookie goaltending, not that Nabokov has looked great, either. All three regulation Shark goals were bad goals, IMO.

howie had no chance on the thorton goal. deflected off dats stick.

team blew it in the 3rd. played a great 40 mins then fell back when it counts

#1140 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Anyone who thinks that Howard didn't lose this game for Detroit obviously never played hockey before in their lives. It happens. I guess you have to be a loser before you can be a winner. Long term, an early exit will be good for this team. Re-commited, Re-energized, Re-loaded. 2010-2011 Detroit Red Wings = Stanley Cup Champions.
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image