• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Grypho

Strange Feeling...

Rate this topic

I can honestly say that I have absolutely no clue about what to expect tonight. Same with games one and two, actually, but only because it's Detroit we're facing. That wasn't true of the Avs. I was able to weigh that one out on the fly without any problems. Not this series. I talk about it, I write about it, but deep inside, my mind is a total, complete blank. No confidence (or lack thereof), no gut feeling that the momentum will flow more strongly one way or the other. Tons of hope as a fan, obviously, but really, nothing sure in my mind save the knowledge that two extremely talented teams are going to be playing with playoff intensity and desperation, and that anything is possible.

AND I LOVE THAT FEELING!

GO SHARKS!

Wings win 17-2, Lilja slapshots the puck so hard in the second period that is goes through the net, through the boards, out the arena all the way to montreal and through fleury's fivehole and they count it as a goal for montreal, who then go on to win 1-0.

ahhaha :hehe:

:thumbup: :thumbup: AMEN!

I don't know what it is about being a wings fan to me, but i always always have faith in them. I believe they are going to win all the time. It might be the fact that they usually do really well even with a few early collapses in the playoffs they tend to not disappoint. I have the same feeling before every game i see, that they'll do well, win the game, and put on a hell of a show. Im always excited for them, which may cause those harder falls when they do let me down. But like the OP said, this series is just so...not normal, I don't even know what to expect from anyone in the series and hoping things will bounce the wings way.

GO WINGS!

Going into this series I had no idea what to think. I thought either the wings could win quick or win a long series or the sharks could win quick or in a long series. Obviously the wings winning quick has been eliminated but I could still see any of the other three happening.

This song says everything:

This song is now ruined for me after Game 3 of series 1. I was at the Joe and some jackass accused me of throwing a drink (it was a phx fan two rows up) and decided to take a swing at me.. So I punched him twice and my wife and I go the hell out of there before I got arrested. Thankfully the game was nearly over anyways.

What a "good night" that was <_<

Wings win 17-2, Lilja slapshots the puck so hard in the second period that is goes through the net, through the boards, out the arena all the way to montreal and through fleury's fivehole and they count it as a goal for montreal, who then go on to win 1-0.

i just laughed uncontrollably. that's the best thing i've heard all day. thank you for making my day after a lame ass day at work. :thumbup::lol:

I don't know what it is about being a wings fan to me, but i always always have faith in them. I believe they are going to win all the time. It might be the fact that they usually do really well even with a few early collapses in the playoffs they tend to not disappoint. I have the same feeling before every game i see, that they'll do well, win the game, and put on a hell of a show. Im always excited for them, which may cause those harder falls when they do let me down. But like the OP said, this series is just so...not normal, I don't even know what to expect from anyone in the series and hoping things will bounce the wings way.

GO WINGS!

Me too...I am always an optimist about the Wings...even if they are down 2 goals with 3 minutes to play because I have seen them come back and win it so many times.

GO WINGS!!!!!!

post-17053-12730084743248_thumb.jpg

GO WINGS!

I also totally agree with you and the OP. I was so excited to see the Wings and Sharks play after we won game 7. Really thought it would be a wonderful exciting series. Its just something isnt right.

I personally think its due to the refs being so TERRIBLE its taken away from the series. I'm not just talking about bad calls against the Wings either. The Sharks have had there share of s***ty calls too (Not as many and not to the same extent, but none the less).

Due to this, I really feel the out come of the game isnt even being decided by the players at this point. If the Refs feel like giving the Wings the breaks, the wings are going to win. If they continue to give the Sharks the breaks, the Sharks will win.

Not to sound like an old man, but I miss the old NHL. The days when the Refs and players knew what a penalty was. Aggressive teams got more penalties but played harder. None of this make up call BS we have been getting, and none of these phantom calls that only the Refs seem to see.

Just wish we could go back to Pre-Lock out hockey. It was lower scoring but I really felt the games were settled on the ice.

$10 says the Wings get something near 7 powerplays, including 1 extended 5-on-3, to the Sharks 3 powerplays, which are only called after blatant infractions.

f*** the NHL.

Sadly I can actually see that happening... The NHL is a total circus anymore

I am going to sig this if you don't mind. Best thing I've read on the boards ever.

I also totally agree with you and the OP. I was so excited to see the Wings and Sharks play after we won game 7. Really thought it would be a wonderful exciting series. Its just something isnt right.

I personally think its due to the refs being so TERRIBLE its taken away from the series. I'm not just talking about bad calls against the Wings either. The Sharks have had there share of s***ty calls too (Not as many and not to the same extent, but none the less).

Due to this, I really feel the out come of the game isnt even being decided by the players at this point. If the Refs feel like giving the Wings the breaks, the wings are going to win. If they continue to give the Sharks the breaks, the Sharks will win.

Not to sound like an old man, but I miss the old NHL. The days when the Refs and players knew what a penalty was. Aggressive teams got more penalties but played harder. None of this make up call BS we have been getting, and none of these phantom calls that only the Refs seem to see.

Just wish we could go back to Pre-Lock out hockey. It was lower scoring but I really felt the games were settled on the ice.

I agree with the first part. Because of the horrible officiating, I don't know what to expect.

After saw this post had to login to give you '+' vote

if theres anything ive learned over the years, or should i say my lifetime of being a Detroit Red Wings fan is that we alway somehow seem to be the kings of comebacks. No matter how low we get we always seem to come back. With a terrible season where everyone is saying how this will be the first time in almost two decades that the red wings didnt make the playoffs, we come back and here we are in the second round still going, sure were down two games but come on, were the friggin detroit red wings! i have absolutely 100% faith in our boys, and ill be watching and screaming along with all of you tonight!!!!!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I felt weird about this series the second I knew we'd be facing San Jose. I don't know what it is. The odd thing is that when we lost the first game I was totally okay with it. When we lost the second game I wasn't really upset. I kinda feel that way because I don't think the Wings are just going to roll over, I truly believe they'll be fine and after Game 4 the series will be tied. FINGERS CROSSED!

I felt weird about this series the second I knew we'd be facing San Jose. I don't know what it is. The odd thing is that when we lost the first game I was totally okay with it. When we lost the second game I wasn't really upset. I kinda feel that way because I don't think the Wings are just going to roll over, I truly believe they'll be fine and after Game 4 the series will be tied. FINGERS CROSSED!

i felt the exact same way!!!!