• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 rbkhockey43

rbkhockey43

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:09 PM

Hey guys, I just started my first be a GM, I pretty much have the regular Wings line up.

I definitely want to keep:

Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Rafalski
Franzen
Filppula
Lidstrom
Helm
Abdelkader
Ericsson
Kindl
Holmstrom (Maybe)
Kronwall (Maybe)
Miller (I like him, but I'd be willing to trade)

Some players (1 offense and 1 of these defense) I'd like are:
Offense:
Gaborik
Kovalchuk
Toews

Defense:
Weber
Chara
Green
Niedermayer

Goaltenders:
Miller or Halak

I've had no luck trading at all, I need help with my trading, who should I trade for who?

Thanks!
Posted Image

#2 Legendary D In 03

Legendary D In 03

San Diego Wings Fan!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:42 PM

Doughty. Seriously.
A complex man drawn off of simplicity.

#3 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:56 PM

Atlanta seems to give up Evander Kane via trade for not a whole lot for some reason and he has pretty good potential.
thanks offsides!

#4 ripham23232

ripham23232

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:51 AM

After starting my be a gm at the draft, I made a trade for Ryan Miller partway through the season. I traded Howard, Brad Stuart, and Rod Brind'Amour for Ryan Miller and their first round pick.

Posted Image

#5 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:04 PM

Don't start trading unless you don't mind making totally unrealistic deals. The trade value system is pretty weak; the trade values are not done well, in my opinion.

#6 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:58 PM

Don't start trading unless you don't mind making totally unrealistic deals. The trade value system is pretty weak; the trade values are not done well, in my opinion.

Agreed. I hope someday they improve trading all around. What bugs me the most is if you leave CPU trading on, how many ridiculous trades all other 29 teams make on a routine basis. Within three seasons, the rosters are almost completely different.
thanks offsides!

#7 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:33 PM

Atlanta seems to give up Evander Kane via trade for not a whole lot for some reason and he has pretty good potential.

i agree. he can often be had straight up for a player that isn't as good. he has decent potential and is a good sniper. can definitely be an easy asset to acquire early on and to be developed.

i also have gotten kyle turris pretty easy in the game and he has A potential i think. definitely someone you can develop and flip if necessary.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#8 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:12 AM

I always end up trading for Tavares.

#9 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,246 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:52 PM

I find the trading system useless, to be honest with you. It's easier just to wait for free agency. Usually a lot of good players don't get re-signed by their teams and just sit as free agents all season long. I know this happened when I was GM of Tampa Bay and I picked up Lidstrom to shore up my defense.

The only trade I can really remember was trading Franzen (and there may have been another role player or pick) for Kane.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#10 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:22 AM

the Gm mode is stupid I find it bad because in 3 years the cpu makes stupid trades and completely changes thier teams. in 5 years the game will be full of amazing players the team will have all eighty overall players and the third line center will be an 87 overall player. the trade value thing is bad, You will have players like Iginla who will sit out for years just sitting as a free agent, the Top 5 picks of the nhl draft are all defencemen I find the simming horrible. contracts are bad. i had so manny more reasons to hate Be a gm mode but iam so tired which is why there is so manny spelling mistakes
Posted Image

#11 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,246 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:05 AM

the Gm mode is stupid I find it bad because in 3 years the cpu makes stupid trades and completely changes thier teams. in 5 years the game will be full of amazing players the team will have all eighty overall players and the third line center will be an 87 overall player. the trade value thing is bad, You will have players like Iginla who will sit out for years just sitting as a free agent, the Top 5 picks of the nhl draft are all defencemen I find the simming horrible. contracts are bad. i had so manny more reasons to hate Be a gm mode but iam so tired which is why there is so manny spelling mistakes

The Free Agent thing bugs me, too. It's not realistic to have players like Kane, Toews, Lidstrom, Chara, Kovalchuk, etc. sit in Free Agency for years. That is something they absolutely have to fix.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#12 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:59 AM

Get drafts, drafts and more drafts. And go in free agents for high-potentials. Very good to use for trades

O.o

#13 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:19 PM

I don't make any trades unless they're realistic. In my only full season in Be a GM mode, I only made one trade; it was at the trade deadline, it was with a team that was out of the playoff race, it was for a player in the last season of his contract, and it was for players who had good potential and years left on theirs.

It's cheap and cheesy to make blockbuster trades that are totally unrealistic. It's easy enough to destroy the AI in any game, even on the highest difficulty level; why make it even more imbalanced by stacking your team in totally implausible ways?

#14 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:19 AM

I always take all the high-potential free agents that teams dont sign. You can end up with some REALLY good players.

O.o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users