• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

I'm Satisfied

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

And what does the end of their careers have in common?

A f***up play by Jason Williams that winds up costing them the game. <_<

Lets just hope we don't bring Williams back to "man the 2nd point on the powerplay" when Datsyuk is 39...

Well look who decided to show his face around these parts. What have you got to say for yourself, mister? :P

That I'm late to the party and arriving to witness a most sorrowful end! It is the end of an age, having watched the Zetters, the Datsyuks, and the Jimmy H.'s fall prey to foul plans and dark deeds.

All kidding aside, I'm sad to decide to pop back on this forum *now* of all times, but sir, it is pleasing to see our fellow friend Bob still with a cheerful expression at your side. :P Good to see you Heroes!

All kidding aside, I'm sad to decide to pop back on this forum *now* of all times, but sir, it is pleasing to see our fellow friend Bob still with a cheerful expression at your side. :P Good to see you Heroes!

Y tu tambien, mi amigo. Your timing -- poor though it is -- can hopefully bring some cheer to a grim scene. We are as we once were, the dynamic duo, the Zetterberg to my Datsyuk.

As for Bob, he does indeed stoically watch over us, even now a monument to a past era. But we will live to see those days again, when our hope is renewed and our strength is returned to us. Go Wings!, I say.

Good post to the OP. I definitely agree. I think that making into a 5th seed and getting to the semi-finals was a successful year with what could have been completely disastrous. The team battled through a lot this year and Howard stepped up big time and will hopefully only get better with more and more time in the NHL. Next year will be a great year.

YOU'RE ALL OBVIOUSLY NOT TRUE FANS CAUSE YOU'VE ALREADY GIVEN UP ON OUR WINGS. WINGS IN 7 :ph34r:

In all honesty though, its all but over. I'd like to see the Wings win a couple games here, but we haven't seen much from them in this series, and the Sharks are really rolling (or should I say diving) right now. Its been a rough season, but the Wings have done better than I expected. Lets see if they can make the Sharks wait it out a bit.

I think 'realists' was the word you were looking for. We've all realised that it's probably over - however it would be a nice treat if the Wings won in 7. However two 7 game series in the 1st 2 rounds, how far would we go next round?

I myself am happy with the Wings in the last few years. Nothing can even come close to the disappointment at the final horn of last year's game 7 final - and having to watch Cindy lift the cup at the Joe during every commercial break!

I'm glad Howard has seen some playoff action - he did pretty well for his 1st two rounds of playoff hockey, and we're always saying we need a goalie with playoff experience - and he has shown some promise so far!

Also this gives us a longer rest period during the off season to rest players, move some trash, and sign some stars :)

Edited by beez35

Williams is gone, and Maltby is probably not going to join us next year. Bertuzzi was good for us for the money, but he might have stay with us one more year. Lebda, Lilja, and Fail Rail have not been good and we need to figure s*** out with them.

The one person who I want gone more than anyone else is Rafalski. I hated how everyone says he was super good in the Olympics, he s*** the bed in the gold medal game, just like last years SCF. $6 million to s*** the bed. Games 2 and 3 in this series were LOST because of a 2 on 1 with Rafalski being the one man back. Also, his pinches and other mistakes somehow cost his team in the worst ways possible. Thanks Brian. Why don't you just poop in your hand and throw it at your opponents when you have to play defense, I think that would be more effective.

Honestly, give this team 2 years and I think you guys will like it a LOT.

I think the signs were there most of the season, another Cup run seemed unlikely. But there's no shame, it just doesn't happen every year. Let's just try to avoid a sweep at this point.

Beat me to it. I was gonna make one today to cheer people up. I mean, really! We got to the 2nd round of the playoffs, with all our issues this year. If someone else wins the cup, big deal! We have plenty more and we are the better team! Imagine if other teams had injuries like we did. If their key players were out for what? 150+ games combined? I think we did good this year.

Our guys just look so tired out there. It seems to be why we've been falling off late in games.

Obviously, I'm also proud to be a fan of this team. Like any other fan, I still have faith in a historic comeback.

But, Lidstrom's 40 years old. You can't really be satisfied with bowing out early when he's still playing well. He's our best player and the cornerstone of our success. We need to take advantage of every opportunity we have with him on the roster. This year's as good as any to take advantage of his presence. And to do that now, we've got a real big mountain to climb.

This is what pisses me off most. The playoffs are wide open. This is the year the Bruins or someone NOT even considered to hVe a chance will win. It is shaping up that way. Pittsburgh will not be the one.

Yet with this opportunity, we have been beaten by our own goalie and the refereeing in the series everyone is talking about. The Sharks are this years adopted team for all these other fans who's teams are already out. The NHL wants it.

I can not sit here and talk about what a great season we've had, when we DIDNT. The playoffs were suppose to be the REAL season when everyone is healthy and ready to get back to the top where we belong.

What the hell is with you fans and this bulls*** about happy to even have made the playoffs and we lose as a team and we can't win every year. You are not a fan. Sometimes, it IS because of a s*** call or a player making a horrible untimely mistake. Yeh we are a family but you are paid to do your job and we shouldn't be expected to score 8 goals every game. If anyone has played sports competitively, you know how deflating untimely mistakes can be. Another game - another 2 untimely, completely deflating goals against us. This is not anyones fault but Jimmy. He let this team down. Why the hell are people blaming Williams cause he didn't hit the damn net and the puck slid all the way around the glass to Thorton. If he hadn't have shot, and they still ended up going the other way and scoring, we'd be hearing why the hell didn't he shoot?? At least try to get it on net!! Like get real.

The refs and Jimmy decided this series. 4 goals EACH game, outplaying the other team for most of 9 periods and we sit here with this result this morning. This is as bad as last years Final.

Again not tryna sound like an ass, we are all family here, but gimme break with blaming the most obscure s*** while ignoring the obvious. Ask the guys on the bench or Cleary during that first intermission. Their faces said it all. As did Homer post-game when he said you can't let that goal in with 6 seconds left in a damn period!!

Say all the right things for 48 hrs. It means NOTHING!! Nik Lidstrom deserves better. I just can't believe this. It's like I woke up and said to my girlfriend, it thought it was a bad dream. Really. But it wasn't. 4 games ain't impossible. But you simply can't beat the other team, the refs and shifty untimely goaltending all at once. I feel like crying.

To Matt and the boys here, thank you for another great season.

To Nik Lidstrom, I'm so sorry this is how the year ends. You deserved soooooo much better. Thank you for helping us get through Yzermans retirement a little easier. We love you.

Go WINGS!!!!

So did Stevie. :(

Yeah he did. Always made me sad because we were turning that series around. Strange how a goal being kicked in or not being kicked in could have a part in Yzerman's last game and possibly one of Lidstrom's last games.

As bad as it sounds, I'm actually starting to wish we didn't get past Phoenix.

No, the win over Pheonix was required. Many people thought the Wings would not go deep in this year. It has been great 2 years for going to back to back cup finals and it surely sucks to be knocked down in the 2nd round but we got our future goaltending; although Howard has been very up and down, people should recognize he is a rookie. He is not somewhat like Patrick Roy.

And considering the amount of injuries we had in the regular season, I am actually satisfied.

whens the last time a team came back to win a series down 3-0?

Yankees Red Sox in 2004 if I remember correctly tongue.gif

Welp, we had a Cup win two years ago and a near miss on it last year. Even if we get knocked out in the second round this year, I'll still be satisfied. One can't make it deep into the playoffs every year, and we've been lucky to see the Wings make it deep for the past three seasons.

Go Wings! :thumbup:

Edit: Note that I'm not giving up until the horn sounds on the final game of this team's playoffs.

Edit 2: It's also pretty hard to win a series when all of the calls are going the other team's way.

Exactly.

The fan that expects winning the cup every year is not satisfied, that being said after all the injuries and what not we went through during the season I am satisfied with us just making the playoffs. I expect the Wings to take the next two games, and at that point with game 6 in Detroit who knows. It is a shame that we needed Howard so badly in the last part of the season because Osgood isn't an option right now just because he has barely played at all.....

Guest Hatethedrake!

It aint over til the fat lady sings.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Y tu tambien, mi amigo. Your timing -- poor though it is -- can hopefully bring some cheer to a grim scene. We are as we once were, the dynamic duo, the Zetterberg to my Datsyuk.

As for Bob, he does indeed stoically watch over us, even now a monument to a past era. But we will live to see those days again, when our hope is renewed and our strength is returned to us. Go Wings!, I say.

Words cannot express the rivers-deep feelings your mad skillz with English inspires in me :P

But indeed! As do the Pain Trains, the Downeys, and all the rest of the heavenly Red Saints of days past or present. Now, to stave off a sweep and save some dignity. =p