• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

I'm Satisfied

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Welp, we had a Cup win two years ago and a near miss on it last year. Even if we get knocked out in the second round this year, I'll still be satisfied. One can't make it deep into the playoffs every year, and we've been lucky to see the Wings make it deep for the past three seasons.

Go Wings! :thumbup:

Edit: Note that I'm not giving up until the horn sounds on the final game of this team's playoffs.

Edit 2: It's also pretty hard to win a series when all of the calls are going the other team's way.

Edited by Crymson

Guest Crymson

Should the title of this thread be "I'm a Fan."?

Is that an attempt at wit?

I knew coming into it the Wings just didn't have it this year. They are out of gas and it shows. It would be a lot easier pill to swallow if Howard wasn't mediocre at best and the Sharks weren't getting near 3 times the Power Plays. The refs have ruined hockey already this spring, that is probably the biggest disappointment, the second biggest being Howard :P.

We could use a "long" offseason to get players healthy and be well rested before the start of next season.

And in reality most teams would love to make it to the playoffs 19 straight years, win the cup one year, lose in the finals the next, and make it to the 2nd round the following year. Yeah it sucks to be down 3 - 0, but at least we're watching hockey in May unlike 20 something other teams.

Guest Four

We need some rest from the past two long seasons. Howard got his first taste of the playoffs and now we can mix up this team and remove the lazy players. Bert, Lebda, Ericsson, Williams, f*** you.

I am actually at a calm right now. It is like when someone close to you has past but you know it was the right time because they were in pain and you are just at peace with that fact.

I am at peace right now. It is what it is, it hurts yes; but it will pass.

Lets take the off season and just refocus and do some rebuilding and see what happens next year.

YOU'RE ALL OBVIOUSLY NOT TRUE FANS CAUSE YOU'VE ALREADY GIVEN UP ON OUR WINGS. WINGS IN 7 :ph34r:

In all honesty though, its all but over. I'd like to see the Wings win a couple games here, but we haven't seen much from them in this series, and the Sharks are really rolling (or should I say diving) right now. Its been a rough season, but the Wings have done better than I expected. Lets see if they can make the Sharks wait it out a bit.

We need some rest from the past two long seasons. Howard got his first taste of the playoffs and now we can mix up this team and remove the lazy players. Bert, Lebda, Ericsson, Williams, f*** you.

Agreed Bert and Williams need to go. We should trade Ericsson and get someone young in return maybe a sniper?

I don't know if I'd call it "satisfied" but I'd actually rather see the Wings get swept and not stand a chance then to see them lose in 7 or something. Those just hurt so much more.

Agreed Bert and Williams need to go. We should trade Ericsson and get someone young in return maybe a sniper?

Williams is gone for sure. But if we were going to bring Bertuzzi=Ugly Lang back in the first place and watch Babcock kiss the guy's ass all season, I can almost guarantee he'll be back. Its sad but true. I know he put up points above his pay-grade, but if anyone watched the guy night in, night out, he was lazy s***. He floats, watches the smaller players dig, gets bumped off the puck easily, spends half the game with one hand on his stick and takes stupid penalties. At least Lang didn't do the last two.

I want the Wings to start their summer vacations as soon as possible. Please. Zetterberg desperately needs to heal whatever ails him. Along with everybody else who's injured. They need it badly.

Good point. After 3 deep playoff runs, an extra month of rest should be really nice for the Wings.

Our guys just look so tired out there. It seems to be why we've been falling off late in games.

Obviously, I'm also proud to be a fan of this team. Like any other fan, I still have faith in a historic comeback.

But, Lidstrom's 40 years old. You can't really be satisfied with bowing out early when he's still playing well. He's our best player and the cornerstone of our success. We need to take advantage of every opportunity we have with him on the roster. This year's as good as any to take advantage of his presence. And to do that now, we've got a real big mountain to climb.

Guest Crymson

Williams is gone for sure. But if we were going to bring Bertuzzi=Ugly Lang back in the first place and watch Babcock kiss the guy's ass all season, I can almost guarantee he'll be back. Its sad but true. I know he put up points above his pay-grade, but if anyone watched the guy night in, night out, he was lazy s***. He floats, watches the smaller players dig, gets bumped off the puck easily, spends half the game with one hand on his stick and takes stupid penalties. At least Lang didn't do the last two.

Nay, Lang often just took several games off at a time and did absolutely nothing. He constantly quit on plays, rarely skated at his full speed, refused to work in the corners, refused to backcheck with heart, and generally played a lazy, unmotivated and dispassionate style of hockey.

He also cost nearly four times as much as what Bertuzzi is being paid.

Lang was way, way worse. In any event, I think Ericsson is far more alike to Lang than Bertuzzi is.

Edited by Crymson

As bad as it sounds, I'm actually starting to wish we didn't get past Phoenix.

Jimmy, Helm, Eaves, Miller, Abdelkader and the youth of the Wings had to start somewhere as far as playoff experience goes. I know Helm was with the team the past two years and Eaves and Miller have some playoff experience with their previous teams but they didn't have as big of a role as they do in DET. For example, Helm and Eaves are the top PK forward unit as opposed to just being a part of the rotation. Same goes for the rest of them.

Guest Crymson

As bad as it sounds, I'm actually starting to wish we didn't get into the playoffs.

That does sound fairly insensible.

I'm in a similar place. I didn't see them making the playoffs. I didn't see them making the second round. I'd be interested in seeing what would have happened in the calls were even, but whatever - Hudler will be back next year, breathing some refreshed air into the club and who knows what other changes are coming down the pipeline...

But hey! even though its been how long? since a team battled back to win a series down 3-0... those kind of statistics are made to be broken! If anyone can do it, its the Red Wings, yeah? :3 An optimist to the end, I know. LoL