• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

I'm Satisfied

Rate this topic

As bad as it sounds, I'm actually starting to wish we didn't get into the playoffs.

Not me. Hell no. I'm really proud that the Wings have the longest active playoff streak in all of the major sports.

As bad as it sounds, I'm actually starting to wish we didn't get past Phoenix.

phoenix was better then the sharks, when we lost we lost by 2+ goals not one goal games.

but im satisfied as well, they battled hard all season with the injuries was happy enough with them making the playoffs. just hope lids doesnt retire.

def sucks watching 82 games and not win the cup but cant always win.

Edited by brett

Guest Crymson

But hey! even though its been how long? since a team battled back to win a series down 3-0... those kind of statistics are made to be broken! If anyone can do it, its the Red Wings, yeah? :3 An optimist to the end, I know. LoL

Hope is good. :thumbup:

Welp, we had a Cup win two years ago and a near miss on it last year. Even if we get knocked out in the second round this year, I'll still be satisfied. One can't make it deep into the playoffs every year, and we've been lucky to see the Wings make it deep for the past three seasons.

Go Wings! :thumbup:

Edit: Note that I'm not giving up until the horn sounds on the final game of this team's playoffs.

Edit 2: It's also pretty hard to win a series when all of the calls are going the other team's way.

You aren't going to get much positive pub from this.

Sure overall the Wings have had a good season with all they've been threw, but when they play mediocre, not a full 60 minutes, and blow a game like this when it counts most when they have shown they are more than capable of beating anybody with as close to a 60 minute effort as possible, there should be no satisfaction in that.

The Wings screwed this one up, not external forces. Yes you lose in life and will lose games. But I'm not satisfied and will not be satisfied with half assed played and mediocrity when it counts most, blowing a game like this one. Series and season is all but done.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I just really hope this isn't Nick's last season. He deserves better.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Last time I checked, there are 7 games in a series. Obviously our odds are VERY LOW, put it is still possible. GO WINGS.

Guest Crymson

You aren't going to get much positive pub from this.

Sure overall the Wings have had a good season with all they've been threw, but when they play mediocre, not a full 60 minutes, and blow a game like this when it counts most when they have shown they are more than capable of beating anybody with as close to a 60 minute effort as possible, there should be no satisfaction in that.

The Wings screwed this one up, not external forces. Yes you lose in life and will lose games. But I'm not satisfied and will not be satisfied with half assed played and mediocrity when it counts most, blowing a game like this one. Series and season is all but done.

It's entirely possible they're simply exhausted from two (three, really) short offseasons and a sprint to the end of the regular season, plus seven games against Phoenix and the short turnaround into this series.

Hope the Sharks win in 5.

Don't wanna get sweapt, but don't wanna get our hopes up either.

I agree. I dont want to be swept.

However, even with as pissed off at the Sharks and there diving as I am, I would much rather the Sharks be rested in case they have to face the Pens in the Finals.

...I would rather be hung upside down from my toe nails then see the Pens win another cup :hehe:

It's entirely possible they're simply exhausted from two (three, really) short offseasons and a sprint to the end of the regular season, plus seven games against Phoenix and the short turnaround into this series.

It may be entirely possible and it is a factor, but it's not an excuse to blow a 2-goal lead in the final period of a game.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Not me. Hell no. I'm really proud that the Wings have the longest active playoff streak in all of the major sports.

Well my view is, If they are not going on a deep run, then forget it. No one wants to watch mediocrity at its best. The streak of 19 years is nice, but my view on the playoffs are get in it to win it. I was skeptical of them making it all year, and I hope everyone enjoys the probable round 2 sweep.

I'd love to say Wings in 7, but time to check into reality. Our guys are beat up, and gassed from all these great and long post seasons we've had. After watching this team this season, I am more then happy that they made it to the second round, I just hope that they can give us one last win here at the Joe. I'm going to do my best to try and get tickets to Thursdays game, and cheer our boys on for what they've done this season.

All I can hope for is one more win, and for SJ trolls to stay away.

I'm not satisfied. I don't care what they've done in the past.

I won't jump off the bandwagon and I won't be cracking jokes at the Wings expense like some people do. Every team has a bad season. But I'm not satisfied. To be honest it's going to suck not having bragging rights like we used to. I'm happy with their legacy but this season is NOT satisfying, and there need to be serious changes this summer. Hudler is a start, but I hope Lidstrom takes a serious pay cut to help the team out. If Lidstrom DOES retire (I hope not) they better make a big play for the best defender in the league, whoever they think that is.

So I'm still a fan, always will be. I love the Wings organization. But I will not be satisfied with this season. It's not the fact that they lost that will bother me. Its the fact that they didn't even try. In '07 they lost but we were all proud of them for busting their asses. This season, what can we be proud of?

Howard was a surprise, but let's face it, goalies have terrible second seasons. Helm was great, like we expected him to be, and Eaves and Miller were pleasant surprises. But what else? Everyone else had near career worst stats.

I'm happy they made it into the playoffs, but this team lacks the killer instinct that has made it successful.

So no, I'm not satisfied, but I will always be a fan and even an optimist. Next year will certainly be better than this.

And who knows, maybe they'll dig deep down and pull out a miracle and upset the Sharks in Game 7.

Williams is gone for sure. But if we were going to bring Bertuzzi=Ugly Lang back in the first place and watch Babcock kiss the guy's ass all season, I can almost guarantee he'll be back. Its sad but true. I know he put up points above his pay-grade, but if anyone watched the guy night in, night out, he was lazy s***. He floats, watches the smaller players dig, gets bumped off the puck easily, spends half the game with one hand on his stick and takes stupid penalties. At least Lang didn't do the last two.

Bert was never as bad as the fans make him out to be. He is older and only getting 1.5. We could have had a worse player. He chipped in some goals and did all that he was supposed to. I do wish he would play more physical but oh well. If I had a say he would be back but for no more than 1.2 or something a little less then what he is getting but enough to make him feel needed.

I can't wit for Rafalski to be gone and I think we need to lock in Helm long term.

I know that the Wings won't be winning the Cup this year, but it is still hard to let go and accept it. There is still a little part of me that is hoping that they can win four in a row.In reality, the best thing for the team is to rest up and get healthy for a good run next year.

Not to be mean, but can Ericcson be made a forward again? because defense is not a position he was meant to play. Every time he is on the ice I want to cover my eyes. He just seems so lost out there on the ice.

The Red Wings really need to work on their diving because they are not very good at it. Maybe San Jose can give them some pointers.

Well my view is, If they are not going on a deep run, then forget it. No one wants to watch mediocrity at its best. The streak of 19 years is nice, but my view on the playoffs are get in it to win it. I was skeptical of them making it all year, and I hope everyone enjoys the probable round 2 sweep.

I understand what you're saying here, but I'm pretty sure everyone knew deep down that the Wings wouldn't make it far this year. So what were we supposed to do, just tank and not make the playoffs because we weren't going to win the cup. Doesn't it mean anything that they tried to make it as far as they could? Or even better, Howie gets his feet wet and has a little bit more experience riding into next year's playoffs? Maybe I took what you said the wrong way, sounds like you would rather have no playoffs, then a second round exit. My apologies if that's not what you meant.

I'm not satisfied. I don't care what they've done in the past.

I won't jump off the bandwagon and I won't be cracking jokes at the Wings expense like some people do. Every team has a bad season. But I'm not satisfied. To be honest it's going to suck not having bragging rights like we used to. I'm happy with their legacy but this season is NOT satisfying, and there need to be serious changes this summer. Hudler is a start, but I hope Lidstrom takes a serious pay cut to help the team out. If Lidstrom DOES retire (I hope not) they better make a big play for the best defender in the league, whoever they think that is.

So I'm still a fan, always will be. I love the Wings organization. But I will not be satisfied with this season. It's not the fact that they lost that will bother me. Its the fact that they didn't even try. In '07 they lost but we were all proud of them for busting their asses. This season, what can we be proud of?

Howard was a surprise, but let's face it, goalies have terrible second seasons. Helm was great, like we expected him to be, and Eaves and Miller were pleasant surprises. But what else? Everyone else had near career worst stats.

I'm happy they made it into the playoffs, but this team lacks the killer instinct that has made it successful.

So no, I'm not satisfied, but I will always be a fan and even an optimist. Next year will certainly be better than this.

And who knows, maybe they'll dig deep down and pull out a miracle and upset the Sharks in Game 7.

whens the last time a team came back to win a series down 3-0?

Edited by brett

I understand what you're saying here, but I'm pretty sure everyone knew deep down that the Wings wouldn't make it far this year. So what were we supposed to do, just tank and not make the playoffs because we weren't going to win the cup. Doesn't it mean anything that they tried to make it as far as they could? Or even better, Howie gets his feet wet and has a little bit more experience riding into next year's playoffs? Maybe I took what you said the wrong way, sounds like you would rather have no playoffs, then a second round exit. My apologies if that's not what you meant.

I just haven't liked what I have seen from the Wings all season. Also, MANY people on here were confident the Wings were going on a long run. It just angers me because the Sharks have not been impressive, and some how they are up 3-0. They have won each game 4-3. This series has been a disappointment.

Guest Crymson

It may be entirely possible and it is a factor, but it's not an excuse to blow a 2-goal lead in the final period of a game.

s*** happens.

It ain't easy when the opposite team is getting all of the calls, too.

Guest Four

Bert was never as bad as the fans make him out to be. He is older and only getting 1.5. We could have had a worse player. He chipped in some goals and did all that he was supposed to. I do wish he would play more physical but oh well. If I had a say he would be back but for no more than 1.2 or something a little less then what he is getting but enough to make him feel needed.

I can't wit for Rafalski to be gone and I think we need to lock in Helm long term.

PLAYOFFS

10 gp

1 goal

4 assists

5 points

0 +/-

10 PIM

15 shots

These are not a top 6 forwards statistics, either Babcock is playing him wrong or he's just as useless as the stats suggest.

It took me a few minutes but I'm now at peace with the situation. 99% chance that we lose and no one is surprised. 1% chance that we do the unthinkable, add a whole new level to the "Red Wing mystique", and simultaneously push this previously pathetic San Jose franchise to an all-time low.

The only problems I have is that the reffing in this series has been terrible (including this game, though it was not directly the reason why we lost) and this would be a 2-1 series if the reffing had been competent. I am painfully disappointed, albeit not surprised, in the fact that their is a rule for diving set in place and yet the refs seem hell bent not to call it despite the fact that the Wings have been calling attention to it. The fact that the Wings have been taking penalties at a 2(+) to 1 ratio in comparison to the Sharks is flat out crooked and it really stings that the refs have blatantly affected the outcomes of at least 2 of the first 3 games.

Regardless, the Wings made their own bed in this game with an embarrassing, but somewhat familiar looking 3rd period. It sucks that we are probably going to be the team that helps San Jose to shake their playoff choker label much like we've allowed Thornton (who, for me, has still looked entirely weak all series) to start shaking that label of his own.

The curtains have started to close, and its time to see if our boys have anything left.