• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Four

Babcock

Rate this topic

Guest Four

Opinions? I'm sure there are plenty of mixed feelings at this point.

honestly, i am sick of the "you know, i think we played real well. we played well. they just got some lucky bounces"

He never admits his team f***ed up.

He also waits a little too long to switch things up. I mean, you are down 2-0...SWITCH THE LINES UP.

Now we are down 3-0, I would switch all sorts of s*** up for game 4. Reunite the twins, throw ozzy in. What do you have to lose? Maybe ozzy can pull a performance ala 08/09. Now this isn't a Howard bash, I am just saying maybe things need to be shaken up.

Guest Four

Yeah, definitely mixed feelings in my mind. He's either the best coach in the league or the greatest coach in the league.

Not sure yet.

I'm not so sure I can agree. The only time he wins is when he has a stacked team in front of him, if he was coaching a team from the East, they would be no where.

honestly, i am sick of the "you know, i think we played real well. we played well. they just got some lucky bounces"

He also waits a little too long to switch things up. I mean, you are down 2-0...SWITCH THE LINES UP.

Now we are down 3-0, I would switch all sorts of s*** up for game 4. Reunite the twins, throw ozzy in. What do you have to lose? Maybe ozzy can pull a performance ala 08/09. Now this isn't a Howard bash, I am just saying maybe things need to be shaken up.

Agreed, I believe he handled the situation so poorly and I believe this isn't the first time, but this has had the worst consequences, esp since our depth is not as good as it once was.

Edited by Four

What can it hurt putting ozzy in. Going to crush howard's confidence? I am sure any that he had left is gone. The one thing that angers me about Babcock is the use of the timeout. He always uses it to rest the players after an icing. I wish he would use it once in a while to calm down the team, and straighten their heads after the D lets up a horrible goal.

he is great, he won the olympic gold, coached this team to 2 finals. there are many coaches with great teams that dont have this success. i think he needs to stop hinting that players need to step up and just kick them in the ass. he did a good job with an injured team this year, and honestly, is there any other coach in the league you would rather have?

Guest Four

Some of you sure are:

1) Fickle

2) Spoiled

Get with the picture.

I haven't liked Babcock for quite a while, starting from way beyond this season. My brother and I have constantly laughed at his poor coaching strategies and have wondered how the hell he pulls out wins in the best of times. The only time he's ever won is when he has had a team with great depth. Now that the wings 3rd and 4th lines aren't contributing to our goals, his style of coaching doesn't work.. which is essentially doing nothing, rarely switching up the lines.

TBH, there are atleast 3-5 coaches I'd rather have at this point.

Edited by Four

HAHAH

You know nothing about coaching. You can't roast your team in front of the media, especially with the players we have on the Wings.

Babcock just plays the middle ground in interviews, if the Wings have a good game he'll tell you what they need to improve, if they have a bad game he'll tell you what they did well.

It's not rocket science, and expecting a coach like Babcock to take off his pants and s*** on Lidstrom's jersey in an interview is just ridiculous.

Babcock is the one of the best coaches in the league. What do you want him to say? "Yea we f***ed up..." or "it was the refs fault" He knows we f***ed up, and a good coach never blames an outcome on anyone but himself or the team. For f***s sake, he's won more games than anyone the past few years.

AND he's made the playoffs 5 out of 6 years he been coaching in the league AND made the ******* finals THREE of those years, and came TWO games short of having two more rings on his fingers.

AND won a gold medal

Edited by stevieisthebest

Guest Four

Babcock is the one of the best coaches in the league. What do you want him to say? "Yea we f***ed up..." or "it was the refs fault" He knows we f***ed up, and a good coach never blames an outcome on anyone but himself or the team. For f***s sake, he's won more games than anyone the past few years.

AND he's made the playoffs 5 out of 6 years he been coaching in the league AND made the ******* finals THREE of those years, and came TWO games short of having two more rings on his fingers.

I'm not looking for him to blame anyone.

He wins with teams who are stacked with depth and are generally better on paper than other teams.

I don't think we'd ever see him take a team like the Leafs and turn them into competitors. The Wings were already playoff bound before he came, and team Canada was already the favourite before he coached them.

let me clarify, I LOVE babs. I would not want anyone else. I am simply saying those are things I wish he did differently. He is still the best coach in the league win or lose. I am not a fairweather fan. I think what I said when we are winning.

I am not asking him to "s*** in lidstroms jersey". But we can lose 2-1 or 3525-0 and it will be the same spiel about "lucky bounces" "veteran presence" it is almost like when Bush seemed like he said nothing but "terrorism" for 8 years straight.

Guest mindfly

Get J.Lemaire out of retirement and sign him up, they need some good ol trap coach :thumbup:

Mike Babcock is a great coach and he has the hardware to prove it. But in this series he is being outcoached by Todd McLellan. It happens to the best of them so get used to it. Babcock is the type to beat a dead horse all day ( never change it up ) and he has done pretty well doing this but it is going to bite him big this time.

I haven't liked Babcock for quite a while, starting from way beyond this season. My brother and I have constantly laughed at his poor coaching strategies and have wondered how the hell he pulls out wins in the best of times. The only time he's ever won is when he has had a team with great depth. Now that the wings 3rd and 4th lines aren't contributing to our goals, his style of coaching doesn't work.. which is essentially doing nothing, rarely switching up the lines.

TBH, there are atleast 3-5 coaches I'd rather have at this point.

He's been successful at every level he's coached at.

You really think that Anaheim team that he coached was stacked? Really?

He's a fantastic coach, and we're lucky to have the guy. Also, Yzerman chose him as the coach for the Olympics and he knows him personally and how he coaches. If Yzerman likes him, I ask no questions.

I've been calling Babcock's biggest mistake since November: it's a stupid, stupid move to put all your money on a rookie, especially when you've got Chris Osgood on the roster. And I don't give a flying f*** how he plays in the regular season. I really don't. He knows how to get it done when it matters. Worst case scenario, you pull him if he drops the ball in the post-season and go to Howard. Even if Howard flubs up, it's better for his mental development to not have to carry the burden he's going to have to carry now after this playoff run. He never gave Osgood even close to a descent chance to get something going, and not only did he set the team up to struggle behind a rookie goalie, he set Howard up to carry far more extra s*** in his head than he needs to be carrying at this point in his career.

Babcock gets most things right, but I've been saying it since his first year here, he makes bonehead decisions when it comes to the goalies...

I like this. At this point, I'd also like him to play more of the black wings. We've got nothing left to lose, and the young kids (and May) might be able to create a spark for a game.