• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Four

Babcock

Rate this topic

I'm not so sure I can agree. The only time he wins is when he has a stacked team in front of him, if he was coaching a team from the East, they would be no where.

Agreed, I believe he handled the situation so poorly and I believe this isn't the first time, but this has had the worst consequences, esp since our depth is not as good as it once was.

He won a cup with the same team minus Sammy and Hudler. Get real.

Edited by zettie85

Babcock is a great coach, but I do have to question his coaching in this post season and the finals last year. Once the team made the playoffs their motivation looked to drop. Dropped even more after they made it out of the first round. Last year I still can't believe he pulled abdelkader and put draper in. I like that he is loyal to vets, but sometimes you have to draw the line.

I'm not so sure I can agree. The only time he wins is when he has a stacked team in front of him, if he was coaching a team from the East, they would be no where.

Yeah, cos that Anaheim team he took to the finals was such a stacked roster dry.gif And all those obscure minor colleges and junior teams he won with....

Babcock is the best coach in the league, hands down. Y'know, even Bowman didn't win the cup every single year.

If you guys are seriously aiming the blame at Babcock, get real. He's coached the team to back-to-back finals and won at the world stage. Only thing I wish he did would be to speak his mind more to the media. After the refs basically gave away Game 2 of this series, he placed the blame on his teams inability to stay out of the box when it was clearly more than that. I love Babcock and hope he sticks around awhile, but for godsake, stand up for your players and your staff when things get outta hand.

I've been unhappy with Babcock for a couple of years now. Much like in Olympics you don't have to be a great coach to coach an all star roster and yet he almost screwed that up. He refuses to play Z and Dats together ( the only proven formula ) and he keeps Bertuzzi ( the worst player on our team by far ) on the 2nd line no matter how useless he is.

But tonight it was the cherry on top. He had his 4th line in OT!!! And was outsmarted by his former assistant who didn't have to be a genius to throw his top line on the ice to win the game.

Babcock has been an awful coach to this team and the team has done well despite his "coaching".

All these people who think Babcock is so awful, I would genuinely like to see you name the names of who you think would be a better coach.

I sure hope he doesn't get run out of town, because I'd hate for him to go to another contender like Washington or Chicago and be the guy that puts them over the top.

This "Babs doesn't win unless he has a stacked team in front of him" is some weak s***. You don't win the Cup or Gold Medals if your team isn't stacked. He is a great coach, but this is a time of transition. You can either scrap this year or the next year when it comes to Jimmy Howard as the starting goalie. He had his shot this year. Next year he will be expected to do better and so on.

Babcock makes mistakes and does stuff I don't like, but when he has the resources in front of him he can win. This is a quality not too many coaches have. Dan Bylsma was able to do it. Look at the Capitals, a lot of talent but piss poor coaching. If Babcock coached them I am sure they would still be in the playoffs. I would like Babcock to stay longer with us, he is a great coach.

Guest Four

He's been successful at every level he's coached at.

You really think that Anaheim team that he coached was stacked? Really?

He's a fantastic coach, and we're lucky to have the guy. Also, Yzerman chose him as the coach for the Olympics and he knows him personally and how he coaches. If Yzerman likes him, I ask no questions.

They were pretty stacked.

Centres

* 15 Ryan Getzlaf

* 17 Dustin Penner

* 19 Andy McDonald

* 22 Todd Marchant

* 26 Samuel Pahlsson

* 52 Ryan Carter

* 13 Mark Hartigan†

(played 1 playoff game)

Wingers

* 8 Teemu Selanne

* 10 Corey Perry

* 14 Chris Kunitz

* 16 George Parros

* 18 Drew Miller

* 24 Brad May

* 32 Travis Moen

* 38 Ryan Shannon

* 46 Joe Motzko

* 44 Rob Niedermayer (A. Capt.)

* 45 Shawn Thornton

Defencemen

* 27 Scott Niedermayer (Captain)

* 5 Ric Jackman

* 21 Sean O'Donnell

* 23 Francois Beauchemin

* 25 Chris Pronger (A. Capt.)

* 33 Joe Dipenta

* 40 Kent Huskins

* 34 Aaron Rome†

Goaltenders

* 35 Jean-Sebastien Giguere

* 30 Ilja Bryzgalov

* 29 Sebastien Caron †

Giguere was a beast that playoff run, Pronger, Neidemeyer(s), Getzlaf, Kunitz, Perry, Selanne, Penner, etc

Babs is doing a fine job. His head may not be in the right place to call a timeout or whatever you guys are complaining about, but out of all the coaches, he really GETS the big picture. His philosophy is sound and I'm glad we have him. Our team just needs more heart out there and a willingness to fight until the bitter end. If anything, I would think our players need to be more motivated. I don't know if they are tired or what, but we definitely need a Stevie Y type player to go out there with a bunch of heart, and say through his actions: hey we may be up by two now, but let's keep the pressure alive!!

Mike Babcock is one of the best coaches in the world. He's one of the few coaches in the NHL who actually know that the modern hockey is about puck posession and controlling the play, not just dumping in, counter-attacking and defending. McLellan may be even a better coach than him, but Babs is still easily one of the best.

Guest mindfly

Mike Babcock is one of the best coaches in the world. He's one of the few coaches in the NHL who actually know that the modern hockey is about puck posession and controlling the play, not just dumping in, counter-attacking and defending. McLellan may be even a better coach than him, but Babs is still easily one of the best.

Blasphemy!

It's Lemaire who is the brain among coaches

The only beef I have with Babcock is the apparent lack of urgency his team is showing. Ultimately, it is his responsibility to fire up the players. I'm beginning to wonder (slightly) if the players are becoming a little less receptive. On the other hand, it would be hard to coach through the clusterf*** that is known as NHL officiating.

They were pretty stacked.

Centres

* 15 Ryan Getzlaf

* 17 Dustin Penner

* 19 Andy McDonald

* 22 Todd Marchant

* 26 Samuel Pahlsson

* 52 Ryan Carter

* 13 Mark Hartigan†

(played 1 playoff game)

Wingers

* 8 Teemu Selanne

* 10 Corey Perry

* 14 Chris Kunitz

* 16 George Parros

* 18 Drew Miller

* 24 Brad May

* 32 Travis Moen

* 38 Ryan Shannon

* 46 Joe Motzko

* 44 Rob Niedermayer (A. Capt.)

* 45 Shawn Thornton

Defencemen

* 27 Scott Niedermayer (Captain)

* 5 Ric Jackman

* 21 Sean O'Donnell

* 23 Francois Beauchemin

* 25 Chris Pronger (A. Capt.)

* 33 Joe Dipenta

* 40 Kent Huskins

* 34 Aaron Rome†

Goaltenders

* 35 Jean-Sebastien Giguere

* 30 Ilja Bryzgalov

* 29 Sebastien Caron †

Giguere was a beast that playoff run, Pronger, Neidemeyer(s), Getzlaf, Kunitz, Perry, Selanne, Penner, etc

Yeah, that's most definitely not the roster that Babcock coached. The team that he coached that swept us was garbage on paper.

The team you have there is the 2007 team.

Edited by Zetts

Guest Four

Yeah, that's most definitely not the roster that Babcock coached. The team that he coached that swept us was garbage on paper.

The team you have there is the 2007 team.

Yeah I realized that after >.> xD