• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

There are 7 games in a series

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

The wings looks absolutely devastated post-game the other night, it really looked like lidstrom was close to hanging them up there.. I don't think they will play with the desperation needed, do they even believe themselves that they can win 4 straigth against san jose?

This series could have gone either way, 3 games at 4-3?? So just as easily as the Wings are down 3-0 could be up 3-0. So if the Sharks "could" sweep us, who says we can turn this f***** around and "sweep" them!!!! LETS GO RED WINGS :siren:

If the Wings play one game at a time, and not think about winning 4 straight, anything can happen. GO WINGS!

Coming back down 3-0 has been done before, and the NHL is due for one as well. It just happened in the OHL playoffs when the Windsor Spitfires went down to Kitchener 3 games to 0, and then came back and won 4 straight to advance. Then they won the championship in a sweep.

Guest mindfly

If the Wings play one game at a time, and not think about winning 4 straight, anything can happen. GO WINGS!

Coming back down 3-0 has been done before, and the NHL is due for one as well. It just happened in the OHL playoffs when the Windsor Spitfires went down to Kitchener 3 games to 0, and then came back and won 4 straight to advance. Then they won the championship in a sweep.

Hasn't happend in the salary cap era, wake up thanks.

Hasn't happened YET in the salary cap era.

The cap doesn't prevent us from winning a game. And then another. And then another...

I don't blame those who are looking at this and seeing that the odds are huge, and are getting disappointed in advance, but as for me, I'm not giving up until the final buzzer of the last game we play for the season.

Guest mindfly

Hasn't happened YET in the salary cap era.

The cap doesn't prevent us from winning a game. And then another. And then another...

I don't blame those who are looking at this and seeing that the odds are huge, and are getting disappointed in advance, but as for me, I'm not giving up until the final buzzer of the last game we play for the season.

They can't have the talent they had in 2002 due to the cap for example.. the cap prevents team's from being at the top for years and years.

The Windsor Spitfires just came back from a 3-0 deficit in the OHL conference finals :). If the Wings do it, cool... Do I think it will happen? NO.

EDIT: Stop ******* thinking four games in a row. That's a loser mentality that I guarantee the team itself isn't taking on. They have ONLY Thursday's game ahead of them. If they win that, they have ONLY the game after that ahead of them.

All this "IMPOSSIBLE" bulls*** is just that.

I agree! They win 4 in a row quite a bit.. sure its against same team now ( a good team at that ) but one game at a time can be done!!

Well, thankfully it isn't up to us. If Mindfly and other pessimists were in charge of the team, they probably wouldn't even show up to Game 4 and just forfeit. From a personal standpoint, if I was down 3-0, I would come out and play a hard fought game and hold my head high when the game is over. No sense of crying over spilled milk. Come out and give it your best shot and leave it all on the ice.

Guest mindfly

Well, thankfully it isn't up to us. If Mindfly and other pessimists were in charge of the team, they probably wouldn't even show up to Game 4 and just forfeit. From a personal standpoint, if I was down 3-0, I would come out and play a hard fought game and hold my head high when the game is over. No sense of crying over spilled milk. Come out and give it your best shot and leave it all on the ice.

How are they gonna play a hard fought game when they have no energy and completely out of gas?

The Wings are just not that good this year.

If you cant see it from this series, I don't know what to tell you. We have been outplayed in every areas this series. The sharks are just better, this year.

The Wings are just not that good this year.

If you cant see it from this series, I don't know what to tell you. We have been outplayed in every areas this series. The sharks are just better, this year.

We outplayed SJ all of the last game except the third period. Took our foot off the gas. There were good amounts of time that we controlled play in the first two games as well.

Its a lot closer series than it appears

We went 9-1 down the stretch did we not? 4 games isnt likely, but its possible...and we did it with this team.

Its not over until SJ wins 4:

"My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging"

-Hank Aaron

To beat the Sharks and avoid being swept, we need to be on our best behaviour. I wasn't able to watch the first period, but what I saw in the 2nd and 3rd were 3 legit penalties that shouldn't have been taken (another was garbage, but I'm happy if we only have 1 garbage call per game). We have been undiciplined, and yes I know there are 7 games in a series, but if we don't stop the senseless penalties, we're not going to see that 7th game.

Unfortunately you forget it's the playoffs. There's NO space out there. That's why guyslike Crosby get shut down so easily when facing good checking players. In turn, you can play as clean as you want - which bytheway is how the Wings play all the time - it won't matter if the refs are hellbent on deciding games instead if letting the players play.

As it's been said already, you can't expect the Wings to

a- beat the Sharks, b- beat the refs and c- survive horrible goaltending. You just can't.

Yeh the Habs came back from down 3-1 vs. the Caps. But that's a testament to the great goaltending they're getting. And to think, all these knowitalls on TV kept swearing this playoff was all about offense. Goaltending wins. Howard vs. Nabokov ill take anyday, with all else being equal. But once other things come into play, just how many times can we overcome them.

As for the series, this is what I'll see possible. Remember POSSIBLE, probably not likely:

- Wings win Game 4. I just don't see them losing this at home.

- Wings win in SJ on Saturday if they overcome adversity for ONE game, no matter what's called. As we did a few times already this playoff. The game may go to OT. And imagine for a minute, the Sharks lose a heartbreaker. They now must return to Detroit. Screw the bulls*** comments they'll be talking. They simply will NOT want a Game 6 in Detroit. Lose and the Wings tie the series, your playoff choker label is back on the news, and the feeling that they've lost ALL momentum.

- Game 7, winner take all. Sharks at home, knowing a loss for Detroit means nothing. A loss for THEM and you best believe they're making big moves this summer and forever remembered in hockey history as one of the biggest frauds and failures 5 years running. You want pressure? There you go.

It's possible. Again, I'm not tryna reach. I'm just saying we win the next 2 games. 2!! And the Sharks are done. Do the Wings believe? Or does the younger guys' attitudes of thinking we need to win FOUR win out in the dressing room. We shall see.

Go WINGS!!!

What does a salary cap have to do with winning 4 games? Exactly. It's a damn joke the way you consistently appear in peoples threads, posting for the sole purpose of seeing who responds to your blatant flaming. f***in joke.

Guest mindfly

What does a salary cap have to do with winning 4 games? Exactly. It's a damn joke the way you consistently appear in peoples threads, posting for the sole purpose of seeing who responds to your blatant flaming. f***in joke.

BECAUSE THE SALARY CAP MADE DETROIT LOSE HOSSA, SAMUELSSON, HUDLER AND ISN'T A GOOD ENOUGH TEAM TO WIN 4 STRAIGHT GAMES AGAINST SAN JOSE IN THE PLAYOFFS THIS SEASON.

BECAUSE THE SALARY CAP MADE DETROIT LOSE HOSSA, SAMUELSSON, HUDLER AND ISN'T A GOOD ENOUGH TEAM TO WIN 4 STRAIGHT GAMES AGAINST SAN JOSE IN THE PLAYOFFS THIS SEASON.

Funny. Aint got nothing to do with Huds.

We've outplayed the Sharks, even mote frustrating because we haven't even thrown our A game at them yet, for a full 60. 

As for the other two, Hossa has proven he's overpaid and a playoff FLOP. Yeh, boy oh boy I wish we had him here the last 3 games. Cause THEN it would be Detroit up 3-0. Sammy? Again, if he's here we are a game away from wrapping this up. Like seriously ... Hossa and Sammy ain't doing a damn thing about the refereeing in this series. Or the pathetic goaltending either.  

They disappeared more than once when they were needed here but if only we could have overpaid to resign them ... that's it!! Try again.  

Wouldn't it be the the cherry on top of the Sharks' 2nd round woes to give up a 3-0 lead? :P

Ugh...it would be the barf of all barfs for them (and me). They would never live it down, and they know it.

Guest mjtm77

I have faith Think about it its the sharks. if it was the hawks or nucks then no but it is the sharks

Guest mindfly

Funny. Aint got nothing to do with Huds.

We've outplayed the Sharks, even mote frustrating because we haven't even thrown our A game at them yet, for a full 60. 

As for the other two, Hossa has proven he's overpaid and a playoff FLOP. Yeh, boy oh boy I wish we had him here the last 3 games. Cause THEN it would be Detroit up 3-0. Sammy? Again, if he's here we are a game away from wrapping this up. Like seriously ... Hossa and Sammy ain't doing a damn thing about the refereeing in this series. Or the pathetic goaltending either.  

They disappeared more than once when they were needed here but if only we could have overpaid to resign them ... that's it!! Try again.  

Detroit haven't outplayed the sharks in any stretch of the imagination as ron wilson would have said, i wonder what games you were watching?