• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

There are 7 games in a series

Rate this topic

i no its slim but you really cant see the wings putting a 4 game win steak together. I know that is pushing our regular season high win streak but i have seen an amazing red wings team this year when we give it 100%. We can take this series just sit williams and get more pain train in the lineup.

Williams just tweeted on his account that he thinks it's over.

The case was just closed on this whole thing...people follow Jason Williams!!! We win the next 4 I change my mind...******* holy s***ty ass twitter statements made by guys who should be on the bench

Guest Lidstromboli

The case was just closed on this whole thing...people follow Jason Williams!!! We win the next 4 I change my mind...******* holy s***ty ass twitter statements made by guys who should be on the bench

:blink:

Can we just get one? Let's just get the "If Necessary" off Saturday and see. The Caps played like dog s*** up 3-1 at home last round. So did the Pens. There's a lot of pressure on the home team in that game, but not a huge sense of urgency so it's winnable.

But they have to get to Saturday. Then we'll see. Maybe this team will take off now that there's nothing to lose ... probably not, but who knows.

you got it. no heart, and they aren't playing well enough, long enough.

That's when its up to Babcock and Lidstrom.. both have to motivate this team.

Edited by EojUSAF0112

Can we just get one? Let's just get the "If Necessary" off Saturday and see. The Caps played like dog s*** up 3-1 at home last round. So did the Pens. There's a lot of pressure on the home team in that game, but not a huge sense of urgency so it's winnable.

But they have to get to Saturday. Then we'll see. Maybe this team will take off now that there's nothing to lose ... probably not, but who knows.

That is what I was thinking. Get it to Saturday. Go from there. If they could win the next two, it sure as hell is a series. One game at a time should be there motto.

One game at a time.

Time to put Ozzy in because he can steal a series and has the experience.

Sit Ericcson and put lilja in the lineup.

Sit draper and put eaves in the lineup.

Sit williams and put May in the lineup.

Babcock has to coach smarter as well... my god your team lets up a goal with 13 minutes left in the 3rd and he doesn't call a timeout?

We've been barely losing these games, all 1 goal games. If we can just step it up a notch we can win. Do that 4 straight games and we got this. Not to mention the Sharks are chokers and I wouldn't put it past them to blow a 3-0 series lead.

To quote LOTR: "If this is to be our end, then I would have them make such an end as to be worthy of remembrance!"

or 300: "This battle is over when I SAY it is over!"

Wings in 7.

Guest Lidstromboli

to quote garth algar

uh..

"i like to play"

Edited by Lidstromboli

Babcock has to coach smarter as well... my god your team lets up a goal with 13 minutes left in the 3rd and he doesn't call a timeout?

About my only complaint about Babcock is his timing/use of timeouts. During that 3 goal outbreak the other game, he should have called time out after the 2nd goal. It was painfully obvious, just to kill SOME momentum. Maybe that 3rd goal doesn't happen and we have a different game. I understand the importance of having it when you pull your goalie and want to rest your best players to get a tying goal at the end of a game, but come on Babs, you're one of the best damn coaches in the league. You know we have offensive issues. That timeout needed to happen at that moment.

Seems like most people have forgotten, there are 7 games in a playoff series. It's first to 4 wins, not 3. Obviously the odds are VERY LOW, but it is STILL POSSIBLE. I think we have the skill to pull off a miracle. How about you guys?

LET'S GO WINGS

Amen !

it is over. take it. you can't win it all.

it has been a rough season, but i enjoyed every moment of it.

now, it is time to retool and bring it home next year!

(hopefully, canucks beat s*** out of guppies-on-steroids in WCF and then win whoever gets there in SCF)

It could happen. I don't want it to, but I know damn sure it could. I know it doesn't feel like it now for you guys, but all it takes is one win to change the momentum and lift hopes.

Right now I am sure it is tough for the Wings players to believe, but when the game starts on Thursday they can just take it one step at a time. If the Wings win Game 4 and then Game 5 in San Jose, they will all believe, and then it's a real series again.

Sharks were down 3-0 to the Stars two years ago in the western conference semifinals. All hope was lost. They battled for a victory in Dallas and then won an OT game in Game 5 in San Jose and you could tell at that moment the series was real again. They then lost a 4-OT heartbreaker in game 6 where they played their lives out but couldn't get it done. This was the year when the Sharks were cemented as playoff chokers in the eyes of the hockey world (enhanced obviously by our loss to the Ducks one year later) but it was also the year when they really showed the most heart in their Thornton era.

The Wings can do the same.

Nabby is not the kind of playoff goalie who steals games. He is steady, consistent, and he makes some big saves, but he isn't gonna stop 45 shots for a shutout like a Hiller or a Halak or a Kiprusoff in his prime. If the Wings get the kind of pressure they were getting on him in the first period he will let in goals.

I know I won't feel good until there is 00:00 on the clock and the sharks have more goals than the wings (ok, i'd probably feel ok with a 6 or 7 goal lead in the third, but that won't happen).

The fourth win is always the hardest one to get. Guys like Thornton and Pavelski will have to continue to step up in order to beat you guys. I hope they can. Go Sharks!

OK, I'm already backtracking. I said I'd be shocked if there was a game 5.

I take it back. I think this team has too much veteran experience and too much pride to just roll over. Does that mean that they'll automatically win on Thursday? No, but I refuse to assume that game's a loss. I just want there to be Wings hockey on Saturday night. Is that too much to ask?

To beat the Sharks and avoid being swept, we need to be on our best behaviour. I wasn't able to watch the first period, but what I saw in the 2nd and 3rd were 3 legit penalties that shouldn't have been taken (another was garbage, but I'm happy if we only have 1 garbage call per game). We have been undiciplined, and yes I know there are 7 games in a series, but if we don't stop the senseless penalties, we're not going to see that 7th game.

I was feeling like s*** and starting to think about next season. Now I realize that's a ****** bag thing to do, 'cause our season isn't over. We have at least 1 game left, let's stop crying and support our f***in' team.

yeah dude. we might lose thursday; we might win. i fully support the idea of this thread: just keep cheering your team until they're bounced.

and then, keep cheering them. because they're the red wings, and we love them. and if you're going to hate on them just because they lose a couple of games, then jump off the bandwagon and go to hell.

love,

matt.

It could happen. I don't want it to, but I know damn sure it could. I know it doesn't feel like it now for you guys, but all it takes is one win to change the momentum and lift hopes.

Right now I am sure it is tough for the Wings players to believe, but when the game starts on Thursday they can just take it one step at a time. If the Wings win Game 4 and then Game 5 in San Jose, they will all believe, and then it's a real series again.

Sharks were down 3-0 to the Stars two years ago in the western conference semifinals. All hope was lost. They battled for a victory in Dallas and then won an OT game in Game 5 in San Jose and you could tell at that moment the series was real again. They then lost a 4-OT heartbreaker in game 6 where they played their lives out but couldn't get it done. This was the year when the Sharks were cemented as playoff chokers in the eyes of the hockey world (enhanced obviously by our loss to the Ducks one year later) but it was also the year when they really showed the most heart in their Thornton era.

The Wings can do the same.

Nabby is not the kind of playoff goalie who steals games. He is steady, consistent, and he makes some big saves, but he isn't gonna stop 45 shots for a shutout like a Hiller or a Halak or a Kiprusoff in his prime. If the Wings get the kind of pressure they were getting on him in the first period he will let in goals.

I know I won't feel good until there is 00:00 on the clock and the sharks have more goals than the wings (ok, i'd probably feel ok with a 6 or 7 goal lead in the third, but that won't happen).

The fourth win is always the hardest one to get. Guys like Thornton and Pavelski will have to continue to step up in order to beat you guys. I hope they can. Go Sharks!

i could easily be wrong, but you sort of seem like the nicest opposition poster that has ever graced these boards. also, you seem objective, which is rare among sports fans.

we were all hoping for a good series. if the wings at LEAST win one game, it will be a better series, drama-wise, than a pure sweep. as an objective sports fan, i'd like that. and, as a wings fan, i'd like to see them win four straight. : )

There aren't seven games if you can't get to them all. I would love to be proven wrong but unless this team just completely pulls their heads out of their rear ends regarding defense and holding a lead, this season is all but over.

I was bummed when we lost because that made the likelihood of advancing much lower. On the other hand, this will be interesting to watch to see how this team responds and how the next game will unfold. Anyone here who watches Red Wings hockey will tell you that when we turn it on, we turn it on. How many buzzer-beater, come-from-behind victories did we have for a while there in the regular season? It seemed like we were scoring at will. As Red Wings fans, we aren't often behind 0-3. This is just another chapter in our book whether it's the triumph of 1997 or the heartache of 2003. Let's see how our boys respond, let's see how the next game plays out.

GO WINGS!

Very true, but the chances are so low its not worth saying "WE ARE GONNA DO IT!". Of course I will still watch the games, and root for detroit. I'm not so mad because my Tampa bay rays are doing great. PLUS, we got to the playoffs, AGAIN!!! with all our issues.

Wow, from the sound of most people here, I am glad I didn't watch the game. Blew a 3-1 lead, bad goal to tie, too may penalties, 3rdperiod let down. Face it guys, all year long they've had these 3rd period let downs. I remember a user on here posting the Price is right horn to indicate another third period by the Wings. I did see the OT goal on the highlights, WTF was Rafalski doing? Isn't he supposed to take the pass away? HE never went down to try to deflet the pass, his stick was behind his back, the only thing he did was wave his hand at the puck (in Scott Mitchell tackle attempt fashion) as it effortlesly made it's way to Marleau, who slam dunked an open net goal. And watch J. Willy, he just stops skating for some reason as he is getting near Marleau right before the re-direct... PATHETIC!

The Jason Williams experiment is OVER, tell Rafalski, either accept a trade or be cut. The both of them are directly at fault for this OT goal. No guarantee Rafalski would've blocked it but DO YOUR JOB, bend over, block the pass, deflect it with your stick, TRY!!! Don't just wave at it with your hand! And Williams, geesh! Sure, no guarntee he would've caught Marleau in time, but Jeezus H, huslte to the very end! SHOW SOME F'ING DESIRE TO STOP A GOAL, TO WIN! Willaims should be back out of the lineup for game 4, crap, put ANYONE in there, someone needs to win a job next year and will at least show more desire and hustle than Williams, My grandmother has more hustle than Williams!