• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#41 AIK'91

AIK'91

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:49 PM

Obviously I don't want that to happen, if for no other reason than it would be, without a doubt, THE biggest choke in NHL history, one that the Sharks would never, ever live down.

But it could happen. All three of the previous games were one goal wins. That means that ALL THREE could easily, EASILY have gone the other way. ALL of them.

Being up 3-0, I appreciate your modesty. :thumbup:

You're a Sharks fan from China though? Hell, they may even eat sharks over there.

#42 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:50 PM

A 7 game series in which we're all ready down 3-0, there's no way this team is winning 4 in a row.

The heart of this this is just not here.

#43 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:51 PM

It would be easier to have faith if our game at the Shark Tank would've been good, but it wasn't. Sharks are almost like us, but the home advantage creates a big difference. Todd McLellan is one of the best coaches in the world like our Babcock. It will be kinda embarrasing to lose to these chockers but I think they'll be great in the future.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#44 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:52 PM

A 7 game series in which we're all ready down 3-0, there's no way this team is winning 4 in a row.

The heart of this this is just not here.

you got it. no heart, and they aren't playing well enough, long enough.

#45 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:56 PM

It would be easier to have faith if our game at the Shark Tank would've been good, but it wasn't. Sharks are almost like us, but the home advantage creates a big difference. Todd McLellan is one of the best coaches in the world like our Babcock. It will be kinda embarrasing to lose to these chockers but I think they'll be great in the future.

I don't know about that.

#46 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:56 PM

Being up 3-0, I appreciate your modesty. :thumbup:

You're a Sharks fan from China though? Hell, they may even eat sharks over there.

Hell, I eat Sharks in China. No superstitions here, and sharks are cannibalistic, after all! Don't believe me? Ask Dan Boyle, who took a bite out of his own team in the first series. :yowza:

#47 MIN8TV

MIN8TV

Red Wings 11!

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:59 PM

It's over. Hopefully next game. They don't want to travel back to California.

#48 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:59 PM

Come get us next year... we need the rest and thats just facts. We have had the Sharks where we have wanted them lets just kick back and let 2010-11 come..

f***! I hate my comment
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#49 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:00 PM

I don't know about that.

Well, Mike Babcock is widely considered as one of the best in the world. Now some have been saying that it was actually McLellan who was behind the puck possession game style and not so much Babcock. There's been a huge difference since McLellan left and I doubt it's only because players have changed.

Therefore I'd say McLellan is - at least tactically - one of the best currently.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#50 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:02 PM

Believe :ph34r:

#51 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:03 PM

i no its slim but you really cant see the wings putting a 4 game win steak together. I know that is pushing our regular season high win streak but i have seen an amazing red wings team this year when we give it 100%. We can take this series just sit williams and get more pain train in the lineup.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#52 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:05 PM

Williams just tweeted on his account that he thinks it's over.

The case was just closed on this whole thing...people follow Jason Williams!!! We win the next 4 I change my mind...******* holy s***ty ass twitter statements made by guys who should be on the bench
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#53 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:10 PM

The case was just closed on this whole thing...people follow Jason Williams!!! We win the next 4 I change my mind...******* holy s***ty ass twitter statements made by guys who should be on the bench

:blink:

Posted Image

#54 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:11 PM

Can we just get one? Let's just get the "If Necessary" off Saturday and see. The Caps played like dog s*** up 3-1 at home last round. So did the Pens. There's a lot of pressure on the home team in that game, but not a huge sense of urgency so it's winnable.

But they have to get to Saturday. Then we'll see. Maybe this team will take off now that there's nothing to lose ... probably not, but who knows.

#55 EojUSAF0112

EojUSAF0112

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:12 PM

you got it. no heart, and they aren't playing well enough, long enough.

That's when its up to Babcock and Lidstrom.. both have to motivate this team.

Edited by EojUSAF0112, 04 May 2010 - 11:12 PM.

"Every man dies. Not every man really lives". - William Wallace
Posted Image
Wings fan stuck in Germany.

#56 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:15 PM

Can we just get one? Let's just get the "If Necessary" off Saturday and see. The Caps played like dog s*** up 3-1 at home last round. So did the Pens. There's a lot of pressure on the home team in that game, but not a huge sense of urgency so it's winnable.

But they have to get to Saturday. Then we'll see. Maybe this team will take off now that there's nothing to lose ... probably not, but who knows.

That is what I was thinking. Get it to Saturday. Go from there. If they could win the next two, it sure as hell is a series. One game at a time should be there motto.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#57 Pat

Pat

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:26 PM

One game at a time.

Time to put Ozzy in because he can steal a series and has the experience.

Sit Ericcson and put lilja in the lineup.

Sit draper and put eaves in the lineup.

Sit williams and put May in the lineup.

Babcock has to coach smarter as well... my god your team lets up a goal with 13 minutes left in the 3rd and he doesn't call a timeout?

#58 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:28 PM

That goal at the end of the 1st is an under rated killer as well

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#59 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:43 PM

We've been barely losing these games, all 1 goal games. If we can just step it up a notch we can win. Do that 4 straight games and we got this. Not to mention the Sharks are chokers and I wouldn't put it past them to blow a 3-0 series lead.

To quote LOTR: "If this is to be our end, then I would have them make such an end as to be worthy of remembrance!"

or 300: "This battle is over when I SAY it is over!"

Wings in 7.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#60 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:47 PM

to quote garth algar

uh..

"i like to play"

Edited by Lidstromboli, 04 May 2010 - 11:47 PM.

Posted Image