• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Jiri Hudler, the answer to all of our prayers

Rate this topic

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I don't know about you guys, but I think having Hudler next year will be huge for this team. We don't have the depth we once had, but Hudler will provide some of that. Plus, maybe, just maybe, it will keep Bertuzzi off of the top two lines....one can dream :hehe:

If not, he is a pretty good bargaining chip, IMO.

Hudler isn't THE answer, but he's certainly a key puzzle piece. I expect him to be pretty rusty, and it'll take him a while to warm up, so I just want him to score some goals.

He should help a little with the goal scoring, though once we got healthy this year scoring didn't seem to be a big problem. But the depth he provides will help immensely.

I still feel we need a guaranteed goal scorer, though. Someone like....Pavelski? Haha.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

As long as williams is off the team we stand a chance

Maybe the Shark said "Jason, if you throw the game, there will be a spot for you here in San Jose" :lol:

Btw, you're avatar is awesome. Frank in the music shop when they created a band....one of my all time favorite episodes.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Hudler isn't THE answer, but he's certainly a key puzzle piece. I expect him to be pretty rusty, and it'll take him a while to warm up, so I just want him to score some goals.

He should help a little with the goal scoring, though once we got healthy this year scoring didn't seem to be a big problem. But the depth he provides will help immensely.

I still feel we need a guaranteed goal scorer, though. Someone like....Pavelski? Haha.

Marleau will be a free agent and if Lidstrom retires, we will certainly have the cap space....

(NICK, NOOOOOOOOOO)

Marleau will be a free agent and if Lidstrom retires, we will certainly have the cap space....

(NICK, NOOOOOOOOOO)

lids retires i will be very scared for next season with the defense we have now

you guys DO realize Huds will be making 3.5 mil a year right? Thats a lot of mullah for an already cap tight team. Is he really worth it? I personally dont see him making any difference. I'd honestly rather trade his rights away, and use that 3.5 mil for some better assets.

Edited by ShanahanMan

you guys DO realize Huds will be making 3.5 mil a year right? Thats a lot of mullah for an already cap tight team. Is he really worth it? I personally dont see him making any difference. I'd honestly rather trade his rights away, and use that 3.5 mil for some better assets.

Yea just trade him and a pick for hossa.ph34r.gif

Bertuzzi has been average at best these playoffs. Unfortunately he's just too streaky these days to depend on. Hudler is a bit streaky himself but is more potent on the PP and at least clicks with Hank as well as Flip.

I'd love to see Flip and Huds re-unite.

Umm, Huds is at $2.875.

Hudler's salary >> Cleary's.

Since when did he get a raise from the 2-year, $2.875m deal he was given in arbitration that he will be coming back to? And how did he manage it, for that matter?

And BTW...there are no better players than Hudler making his cap hit who are available on the free agent market. Before you say "Yeah, but what about the money we're getting back if Lidstrom takes a pay cut or retires?" I will respond with "Hudler is replacing Jason Williams, who costs $1.5m" so that's only a $1.375m increase and it's likely that Holmstrom will take a pay cut if he returns, further reducing that. If Bertuzzi negotiates a deal, he'll likely ask for around $2.5m-$3m so I don't know if he'll be back.

But regardless, who do you suggest we sign for $2.875m that is a UFA instead of having young, soon-to-be-prime top-line caliber scoring forward Hudler who can also play above-average defense? I can't wait to hear the response to this. It might be someone as good as RJ Umberger or Matt Cullen!

Umm, Huds is at $2.875.

Hudler's salary >> Cleary's.

Was off about 500,000. He will be making exactly 3 mil when he comes back. Still, is he worth that?

I'm going off the 10/11 salary numbers listed on nhlnumbers. Am i missing something?

Edited by ShanahanMan

It might be someone as good as RJ Umberger or Matt Cullen!

I'd rather have Umberger or Cullen than Hudler. Cullen is basically a 50 pt guy who has some size and was a major force vs Pitts for Ottawa. Umberger has good size and could be useful as a 2nd line goal scorer, plus he picks up his game in the playoffs.I'm not too comfortable having so many guys under 6 feet tall on the top two lines.

Yes, size is all that matters...

Completely ignoring the fact that Hudler has shown he IS a playoffs performer and we've won the Cup and lost in the SCF with him.

I can't wait for Hudler to be back in the line-up.

I don't envision Hudler making a difference in a series like this. Much like he didn't in the second half of the playoffs last year.

And unlike when he scored the key game-winning goal in the Stanley Cup Finals the year before that helped give the Wings the advantage they needed to close out the series. ;)

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Just imagine this as our top two for next year:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Hudler

Pretty good if you ask me. For some reason, I'm liking that more than what we have now, although, I do know a lot of people like Cleary up on the second or first.

A lot of changes need to be made. Hudler is good for this team. I would like to see a few players go, but we will see what happens.

UMMM hmmmm lets think... maybe... williams.

Just imagine this as our top two for next year:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Hudler

Pretty good if you ask me. For some reason, I'm liking that more than what we have now, although, I do know a lot of people like Cleary up on the second or first.

This. This. This

In my mind, you have to get Z and D back together for a full season. They make up one of the top lines in hockey and that second line is more than capable of holding its own.

As for Hudler, he is not the answer, but is definitely part of the solution. We need secondary scoring in the worst way. We really miss not having three potent lines anymore. I feel as though we have played with two fourth lines the entire year. Keep Helm, Abdelkader, Eaves, Draper, and Ritola rotating as your fourth line. Miller has been good, but we have enough players like him so good riddance. I think Cleary can stay on the third line. He is still good for 40 points. We should have enough cap room to pick up two third line guys that can put the puck in the net. As I mentioned in another thread, maybe Kozzie will come back here to finish his career on the cheap.

If Lidstrom retires you obviously cant replace him, but If we go out and sign a physical stay at home defenseman, we really wont lose that much defensively. We would however, lose a lot of offensive output from our defensive core, and our powerplay would regress.

Edited by wingsownnhl43