• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:38 PM

is there a reason my posts keep getting deleted?

Yes. You have 4 minutes to think about what that reason might be. Starting.....NOW.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#22 VikingMark

VikingMark

Swedish "D"

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:41 PM

I can understand the reluctance of some of you to replace Jimmy, if you don't want Ozzy to get the 'blame' for the series loss.
It's a valid point I suppose, but I just don't see it happening that way.

IF Ozzy starts game 4 and lets in a handful and the Wings lose .. I still wouldn't blame him for the series.
The game, perhaps .. though I'll still point to Babcocks horrible goaltender mismanagement this season as the reason he's so cold.

but

If he starts and the Wings WIN (either by being spectacular or by the team responding the the change) then it's a new story.

I believe the Wings can WIN with Ozzy.

Yeah, it's a long shot. Really really very f***ing long shot at this point. But I still believe the Wings can WIN!

With Osgood.

#23 teef

teef

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:52 PM

Are you being obnoxious?

not that i know of. unless all sharks fans are considered obnoxious now.
Your signature may contain:
  • Any number images
  • Images of any size
  • Any number of URLs
  • Any number of lines

#24 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:54 PM

What was the offense Mods?
thanks offsides!

#25 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:31 PM

Per Babcock, no way he's putting Osgood in.

"Babcock also shot down any idea he might put in Chris Osgood in place of goalie Jimmy Howard.

“I’ve made lots of goalie changes over the years when I’ve been coaching,” Babcock said. “I always do it for a reason. I don’t believe there’s any reason.”"

http://freep.com/art...la-for-Williams

I don't expect to come out of this with Howard or anybody, but I sure as hell hope Babcock gives Osgood a fair shot next year down the stretch. While I'm not happy at all with Howard's playoff performance this year, I still blame Babcock for putting too much on a rookie, just as I've been saying since November. There's no sense sugarcoating how poorly he's played the majority of the time in the playoffs, but there's also no sense holding it against him at this point. He's got a lot of potential, but probably 99% of the time, a goalie needs a few years in the NHL before they're really ready to carry a team through the playoffs.

Next year, let Osgood do what he does in the playoffs and let Howard watch. Then the next season, I'd be a lot more likely to put money on Howard answering the call when the playoffs role around.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#26 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:38 PM

Desperate times...

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy.

#27 bdavis

bdavis

• Bronze Booster
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:43 PM

Ozzie isn't going to come in being ice cold and save the day. I'm sorry, nice wishful thinking, but it's just not going to happen.

#28 Red Wings 2010

Red Wings 2010

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:19 PM

The only reason you are here is because it is the first time in a long time your team has gotten to the second round. You want to brag, and what? Do you see LGW'ers going onto your forum and posting this stupid s***? ( I dont know, pure speculation because I've never visited the sharks forum, HOWEVER, 90% of this community seems mature, so ...yeah ).

#29 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:24 PM

Just let it go...Osgood will not be playing in this series or any series for the Wings anymore. Move on
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#30 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

I would. But Howard made his bed, now he has to sleep in it, plus Babs said he wont make a goalie change.

#NOMOREKINDL

#31 zata40

zata40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:52 PM

ozzy has saved us before, I don't see why we shouldn't. why not?
Posted Image

#32 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:56 PM

Stick with Jimmy. We're basically at the end of the series, so we might as well stick with him all the way through. Plus, I think he has a much better chance of rebounding and pulling one out of the hat than trying to put Osgood in there stone cold and seeing what we come up with. If Ozzie had actually played a few games this year, maybe I'd have a different opinion, but things being as they are, it's unfair to both Howard and Osgood to switch it up now.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#33 teef

teef

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:15 PM

The only reason you are here is because it is the first time in a long time your team has gotten to the second round. You want to brag, and what? Do you see LGW'ers going onto your forum and posting this stupid s***? ( I dont know, pure speculation because I've never visited the sharks forum, HOWEVER, 90% of this community seems mature, so ...yeah ).

actually, there have been several LGWers over at LGS. mostly its good conversation, but you can continue to speculate.

i can't understand why posts would be deleted when the vast majority of sharks fans posting on here are simply trying to talk hockey. if you guys call that trolling, you're sadly mistaken.
Your signature may contain:
  • Any number images
  • Images of any size
  • Any number of URLs
  • Any number of lines

#34 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:18 PM

actually, there have been several LGWers over at LGS. mostly its good conversation, but you can continue to speculate.

i can't understand why posts would be deleted when the vast majority of sharks fans posting on here are simply trying to talk hockey. if you guys call that trolling, you're sadly mistaken.

You don't think you're trolling with a broom as your avatar?

Trolling doesn't need to be overt; I'm frankly amazed that the admins have enough patience to not ban you as soon as they saw that combined with the date of your registration.

#35 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:35 PM

Even though I registered and been on the Sharks board and maybe posted once other than the photoshop section, I don't quite understand why other fans of teams go to the other one's boards? What are you trying to achieve? What do you possibly have to say that wouldn't be considered borderline patronizing--not that you have been disrespectful but I don't see what you have to say that would be remotely interesting to me as a Wings fan. Your avatar is also patronizing to me as a Wings fan.

BTW, I won't be posting back on your boards because what I've realized myself.

#36 UP Wings Fan

UP Wings Fan

UP Wings Fan

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:05 PM

I don't think that it can hurt to put Ozzie in! The team obviously doesn't have much confidence in Howard right now, and maybe this could be a spark for improved play. Knowing that Ozzie is rusty and needs help may motivate the defense to play aggressive and take care of the puck. Who knows, just a thought.

#37 HockeyCoach13

HockeyCoach13

Prospect

• 44 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:28 PM

Well, we are in a 3-0 hole now, so why not give him a game? He deserved it after last year, and the previous play offs years.

cuz he sucks..

#38 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:28 AM

Your avatar is immensely obnoxious.

#39 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:11 AM

I don't mind the avatar. If I was on a SJ board with a 3-0 lead I could see myself doing something similar.

The signature on the other hand. I don't get it. Isn't he the guy that scored on his own goal in OT in the playoffs? Pretty much the worst thing you can do other than baby murder.

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy.

#40 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:13 AM

I agree. Talking hockey is one thing but the broom is rubbing it in and I'm sure not many here find it funny.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!