52 replies to this topic

#1 h2obury

h2obury

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:12 PM

http://freep.com/art...la-for-Williams

It says that Babcock is contemplating this move. I for one am for it I think Williams has been bad this season for what he was supposed to be. We signed him to help replace some of the offense we lost but so far he has been anemic at best. <_<
"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~Gordie Howe

#2 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

I say why not, this team is going to need some fresh enthusiasm at this point. That and ANYTHING is better than Williams.

#3 darvesh88

darvesh88

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:18 PM

http://freep.com/article/20100505/SPORTS05/100505062/1320/Loose-Wings-might-sub-in-Ritola-for-Williams

It says that Babcock is contemplating this move. I for one am for it I think Williams has been bad this season for what he was supposed to be. We signed him to help replace some of the offense we lost but so far he has been anemic at best. <_<

After last night's performance by Williams. Missing the net constantly on the point and then the high wide shot in OT to top it off, it's a no brainer. If this was a rough series we would've gone with May but seeing how we need speed against the Sharks, Ritola is a nice upgrade, just like Lebda was chosen over Lilja for speed out of the zone.

#4 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:22 PM

I just read "in for Williams" and I'm voting yes.

Posted Image

#5 h2obury

h2obury

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:22 PM

agreed his incredible point shot (miss) led directly to a 2 on 1 the other way Im not blaming him solely for the loss but its bad when I forget that he is even on the team at times.
"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~Gordie Howe

#6 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:23 PM

Poor May.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#7 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:24 PM

You could put a blueberry muffin in for Williams and I'd be fine with it.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#8 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:26 PM

Ritola, May, Meech, 11 forwards... I don't care because anything is better than Jason Williams.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#9 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:27 PM

This team needs Bobby Lang.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#10 rbkhockey43

rbkhockey43

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:28 PM

You could put a blueberry muffin in for Williams and I'd be fine with it.

True that Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:32 PM

So, this means Eaves is still out? The fourth line probably will not play much, so it won't matter much there. The big issue will be special teams, where Stuart would be back on the power play point.

#12 motorcitykid

motorcitykid

Red Wings DJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:36 PM

They need some energy inserted into the lineup. It ain't like Williams will be missed in the lineup anyway. So really, anyone is at least equal to himation this point. Unfortunately Babcock won't sit Ericsson instead of Lebda if indeed Lilja is back in. At the least, Ericsson should sit Game 4 and refocus himself.

This is all moot though, if the officiating continues the way it has. No sourgrapes, just facts. I mean with Canadian media talks about us being next to the least penalized team all year, only to now get 10 penalties in playoff games, people ARE seeing it besides the fans.

And if Howard doesn't get his s*** together, lineup changes will not matter anyways. He has NO room for error now. For F sakes, if/when we get up by a couple of goals tomorrow, he can't fall apart when we need him to make the big save. I just don't know what else Howard can read see talk about or hear. Rookie means nothing - he NEEDS to give us a chance to win. I've been such a supporter of his ... geez I used to scream my ass off at Griffins games ... but I'm just disgusted with him right now.

We shall see.

Go WINGS!!!

#13 Grateful Gadsby

Grateful Gadsby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:02 PM

After last night's performance by Williams. Missing the net constantly on the point and then the high wide shot in OT to top it off, it's a no brainer.

It wasn't just the absurd, ridiculous shot. Check out the replay on Marleau's game winner and you'll see Williams lazily pull up/slow down just as Marleau tees up the shot. Unbelievable. Why isn't he lunging or doing anything and everything to break up the play? Because he sucks. His clueless, boneheaded plays were a major reason the Oilers shocked the Wings in '06, so there should be no surprise that history is repeating itself. The guy is toxic, pure and simple.

#14 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:25 PM

He tried to sign up for golf, but went into the wrong room and thought "Eh, I'm here anyways."

#15 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

Good idea. If I remember correctly, Ritola is out of options next year so it's either he's with the big club or they lose him to another team ala Quincey. Might as well get him some time in the playoffs now to see how he handles himself. Can't be any worse than J-Will.

#16 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:52 PM

PK Subban has worked well for Montreal, so I really hope Ritola will put in the effort that Williams hasn't given.

#17 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:10 PM

maybe I should be coach, because I was saying this the moment Eaves went down, hell I would have put him in for Draper
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#18 Zeowingsfan

Zeowingsfan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:10 PM

I approve using Ritola instead of Williams.
The logo on the front is always more important than the name on the back

#19 Green Wing

Green Wing

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:19 PM

Yes, please. Apart from the obvious 'nothing' that Williams brings, he won't be back next year and Ritola will be, so yes.

Personally, I'd throw in May too, for Draper, who's doing nothing. Of course that won't happen.

#20 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:23 PM

Ritola, Meech, May, Larsson, Heck put in Ella Maltby...

Posted Image
(She's the one in the middle.)