• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

h2obury

Ritola in for Williams in game 4?

Rate this topic

Poor May.

May isn't an upgrade over Williams offensively or in terms of speed. May's grit would be great to have around but right now the Wings desperately need speed and scoring so they can push this to a fifth game. May just isn't going to help much in that department.

Now, if this were the other way around and the Wings were up 3-0 I could see putting May in.

I like the idea. Williams, bless his heart, has been useless, an anchor, and many other things others have already gotten into.

Putting Abdelkader in the lineup in last year's playoffs provided some energy for the whole team. Maybe Ritola can do the same. At the very least it will be nice to see what he can do.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ritola in. If we were actually going to make it past this series I would say May but might as well give the young gun a shot to show what he's got now that we're pretty well done.

Another important point is that Ritola looks like he'll be the 13th forward next season. I'm sure Holland would love to see how Ritola reacts to being thrown into the thick of things tomorrow. I'm sure the Wings are a bit hesitant to throw Ritola in as a spare part since they don't want to stall his development.

Ritola and Abby played well together in GR this season, so maybe that chemistry can translate to the Wings. I agree that anyone would be an upgrade to Williams. I'd like to see May, but he and Draper on the same line worries me and I don't think the third line would be changed to accommodate him (Draper up, Eaves or Miller down).

Keith Jones just lit Williams up on VS. basically saying what has been posted here (but in a more polite manner)

I loved it. It was horrible execution by Williams.

Can't. She's out having a tonsillectomy.. Dad had a coupon for buy one surgery, get one free.

:hehe:

Ritola, Meech, May, Larsson, Heck put in Ella Maltby...

maltsandfamily.jpg

(She's the one in the middle.)

Edited by FireCaptain

People severely underrate Ritola. The guy has good size, tons of skill, and is responsible defensively.

I think the fact that they're considering inserting him is a good sign that he'll be a Wing next season.

People severely underrate Ritola. The guy has good size, tons of skill, and is responsible defensively.

I agree with you. Although it worries me that he can't seem to use his skill consistently enough to put good numbers up in the AHL. He has the potential to be a Franzen type of guy who just explodes all of the sudden once he's in the NHL. I hope Ritola can establish himself and get a bunch of confidence... once he does he can use those hands.