• Stop the sharks pp and ignite our offense on our PP's
  • Ref's will have to put there whistles away, no bs calls
  • Wings HAVE to capitalize on the sharks mistakes
  • Smart decisions when on the ice
  • Get more pucks on net
  • Get into Nabbies's head
  • Star players have to play great
  • No giving up when down

All great points. If anything makes me hopeful it's that Nabokov hasn't been a game changer so far. He's let 3 goals in each game so it's not like the Sharks are shutting the Wings down completely. I believe they can score enough on Nabby to win. But can the Wings shut down the Sharks? I'm not so sure.

Howard has to come out and play with the swagger and confidence he played with in Games 4 and 5 of the Phoenix series. That kid was good enough to carry the Wings in the playoffs. The Howard we've seen in this series simply can't carry a team to a Cup. The Wings' only hope is that the dominant Howard shows up tomorrow.

Let's be honest-- it's virtually impossible for the Wings to win this series. There's a better chance of me finding a bag of hundreds sitting in the parking lot tomorrow morning.

What we have to hope for is that the Wings manage to take the series to at least 6 games if only to salvage their dignity. I do think it's very doable for the Wings to take the Sharks to 6 games. Remember the Dallas series in 08? They came in after a game 7 that went to 3rd OT and got dominated for 3 games. So, even though they were down 0-3 going into game 4 they managed to win games 4 and 5. They even looked like they could have taken us to a 7th game. Why? The Wings took their foot off the gas once they were up 3-0 in the series. If a team of playoff veterans could fall into that trap then you'd have to expect a team like San Jose is even more likely to take their foot off the gas tomorrow. They definitely won't let us come back and win 4 games unless there's some kind of miracle, but I can see us taking this series to 6 games.

Guest Crymson

Whatever you are smoking, roll me one will ya? This series is over.

Really? You're attempting to convince everyone here that the team we (and you) all support is going to lose? That's pathetic.

I see the Wings winning the next two games if the refs begin to let the calls balance out. After those two games, I don't know, we'll have to wait and see.

Once it's 3-2 I think it's anyone's series. By then hopefully the Wings will have taken over fully.

But I can't shake the feeling that the series is over, let's just hope they can win a couple games before it does.

The Wings appear to have packed it in. The game tying goal by the Sharks in the 3rd period sucked the life out of them. Their body language in the OT had "give up" written all over it. All of these points about what needs to happen for the Wings to win.........fact is, when it comes down to crunch time, the Sharks have been the ones imposing their will, not the Wings. All you eternal optimists..... just think back over the course of this past season, and ask yourself.........was this team even in the same universe as the '08 and '09 teams? Were you even confident, over a stretch of more than a few games, that this team could go out and dominate other quality clubs? Sometimes you have to be real...........and by doing so doesn't mean you're any less of fan. Chicago is better than last year...........San Jose surely is too, as can the case be made for Vancouver. The losses of Hossa, Sammy and Hudler were never overcome. And, as much as I like Howard, he hasn't been anywhere near a playoff quality Ozzie. For the past decade the Wings have been the team to beat.............things like that don't go on forever........not in hockey nor any other sport.

The Wings appear to have packed it in. The game tying goal by the Sharks in the 3rd period sucked the life out of them. Their body language in the OT had "give up" written all over it.

That was my reaction, too. They just gave up. To look on the bench, there wasn't steely resolve, just disappointment and frustration.

But there are a lot of variables at stake tomorrow:

1) The games have all been close, that alone shows they might be able to win a game.

2) Calling in Ritola could create a second Abdelkader Effect and inspire the team to step it up a notch.

With one win under their belt, they could regain confidence. Then it's off to San Jose for a tough game, but it's just one game. San Jose, despite dominating at times, has never been able to truly put the Wings away, despite being up 3-0, this series could easily be 3-0 the other way.

Start off with one win tomorrow and the confidence slowly streams back as San Jose starts worrying about choking again.

Again, chances are the series is over, but if the Wings could win tomorrow, that would increase their chances of winning the next game one would think, and with a 3-2 series it IS possible they could win another 2.

Guest mjtm77

Not that I think it will happen, but could you imagine the suicide rate in SJ, if the Wings came back and won game 7 in SJ?

Nope :D

Wings need to send a statement that there going to battle through this series, and it's going to have to start with domination in the game tomorrow.

The wings need to make the game tomorrow look easy so they can have some confidence

Believe my friends, its gonna take a lot of luck and determination.

the red wings going to the conference finals AGAIN this year is not in the NHL's script. San Jose needs a deep playoff run before you see another one of gary bettman's deep south "gems" enter the realm of financial trouble. though with the garbage economy and the turmoil that the city of Detroit has been through in the past couple years, it would be a nice story if they came back and won this series and the cup. but once again, bettman's heart only bleeds for SoCal and the deep south.

Geeze, too bad for the Sharks that San Jose is neither in SoCal nor the deep south.

1) Buy an atlas (San Jose/the Bay Area is considered Northern California)

2) Take off the tin foil hat.

There is no "NHL script" -- if there were, you'd think the NHL would have scripted a Stanley Cup for the team they placed in the US's 6th largest television market instead of allowing their fans to keep waiting through the first 19 years of the team's exisitence. Instead, in it's infinite wisdom, the NHL has granted the Red Wings, sitting in the 11th largest Metropolitan Market Region the right to win the Cup 4 times in the last 13 years. Where's the logic in that? Wouldn't you think the NHL would be more interested in coddling the bigger markets? Yet it's been the Wings who've won the majority of recents Cups.

Oh, and Pittsburgh's TV market? 23rd in the US. Yeah, the NHL is making bank off promoting them so much. :rolleyes:

This kind of conspiracy talk makes everyone a little bit dumber.

Edited by FabHckyBbe

Geeze, too bad for the Sharks that San Jose is neither in SoCal nor the deep south.

You know, being insulted by Wings fans about the Sharks is one thing. But him comparing us to SoCal and....gasp...the Ducks....well, that's below the belt.

:lol:

They could win. It's a possibility. A distant, remote possibility that I don't even want to hope for because these guys need rest and they need it BADLY. If we're going to lose we should lose this game and be done with it (although I want to see at least one more win this year...) because why risk more injuries?

2) Take off the tin foil hat.

There is no "NHL script" -- if there were, you'd think the NHL would have scripted a Stanley Cup for the team they placed in the US's 6th largest television market instead of allowing their fans to keep waiting through the first 19 years of the team's exisitence. Instead, in it's infinite wisdom, the NHL has granted the Red Wings, sitting in the 11th largest Metropolitan Market Region the right to win the Cup 4 times in the last 13 years. Where's the logic in that? Wouldn't you think the NHL would be more interested in coddling the bigger markets? Yet it's been the Wings who've won the majority of recents Cups.

Oh, and Pittsburgh's TV market? 23rd in the US. Yeah, the NHL is making bank off promoting them so much. :rolleyes:

This kind of conspiracy talk makes everyone a little bit dumber.

Pwnage. Nice work. :clap:

Guest Shoreline

People need to stop worrying so much about the series and start off with being satisfied with one win at a time.

the wings are telling the media all the right things, "one game at a time" but the key to a comeback will be to actually do that and don't have the mindset of a "comeback". if they don't put a lot of pressure on themselves it will make this a whole lot easier. i hope the wings think like this for each game:

game 4: Pride, don't get swept

game 5: get one more home game

game 6: the sharks will have all the pressure at this point so just have fun

game 7: it's game 7