• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Why The Wings can win this series

Rate this topic

Although many of you will disagree with a thought of winning this series, the Wings are the only team in the NHL that I believe can pull off a 3-0 comeback. They would be the 3rd in history to do such and hopefully this is there year. History will have to be made in order for this to occur.

The reason I believe the wings can pull this off is the they have not been outplayed in any of the games in this series.

All of the games were lost on late mental mistakes by both Howard and the defense.

The wings HAVE to go with a 1 game at a time mentality, otherwise the series is over.

What will have to happen:

• Babcock will have to control the emotions of the team
  • Howard will have to make big saves all game
  • The defense HAS to tighten up
  • Stop the sharks pp and ignite our offense on our PP's
  • Ref's will have to put there whistles away, no bs calls
  • Wings HAVE to capitalize on the sharks mistakes
  • Smart decisions when on the ice
  • Get more pucks on net
  • Get into Nabbies's head
  • Star players have to play great
  • No giving up when down

Now there are plenty of other things that will have to occur, but the wings must start there.

Lets Go Wings!

Although many of you will disagree with a thought of winning this series, the Wings are the only team in the NHL that I believe can pull off a 3-0 comeback. They would be the 3rd in history to do such and hopefully this is there year. History will have to be made in order for this to occur.

The reason I believe the wings can pull this off is the they have not been outplayed in any of the games in this series.

All of the games were lost on late mental mistakes by both Howard and the defense.

The wings HAVE to go with a 1 game at a time mentality, otherwise the series is over.

• Get more pucks on net
  • No giving up when down

Now there are plenty of other things that will have to occur, but the wings must start there.

Lets Go Wings!

Whatever you are smoking, roll me one will ya? This series is over.

Guest screwdahawks

you forgot the one thing that killed us last night.

PLAY THE FULL 60 MINUTES! :ranting:

As I recall that happened a s***load of times this past season and in '09::bag:

Edited by screwdahawks

I like Johnny Walker as well, but I rarely post under its influence.

How can you say we haven't been outplayed in any game this series? We got severely outplayed yesterday as soon as the 3rd period began. In all honesty, we've been outplayed every game this series.

Yeah, there have been some bad calls and all, but the Sharks have flat out been the better team. They're hungrier, they're getting better goaltending (yes the goalie is actually a part of the team) and they've scored clutch goals in the 3rd that we haven't gotten.

And it's funny how you say we haven't been outplayed, yet you mention that we lost due to Howard and mental mistakes. Doesn't that count as being outplayed? :huh:

Edited by GMRwings1983

I like Johnny Walker as well, but I rarely post under its influence.

How can you say we haven't been outplayed in any game this series? We got severely outplayed yesterday as soon as the 3rd period began. In all honesty, we've been outplayed every game this series.

Yeah, there have been some bad calls and all, but the Sharks have flat out been the better team. They're hungrier, they're getting better goaltending (yes the goalie is actually a part of the team) and they've scored clutch goals in the 3rd that we haven't gotten.

And it's funny how you say we haven't been outplayed, yet you mention that we lost due to Howard and mental mistakes. Doesn't that count as being outplayed? :huh:

What are you on if you think we have been out played every game ? The play has been pretty even even though we have been in the box way to much ! The only thing you have been right about is Howard .And no its not likley but it is possible and the Wing are the team that can pull off such a come back !They have won four in a row before why not again .One game at a time I will be watching and expecting a win on thursday and thats where it starts!!!!!

If the team that played Game 7 against Phoenix showed up, we would win the series no problem.

They gotta wanna - for 3600 seconds - every player - no exceptions!

pffft - these guys are highly paid professionals - piece o-cake - we got this in the bag.

Well dats z and lids need some help, badly. Mule, its time for you to go crazy with a hatty, bert you gotta score. Williams, please take a vacation in the bahamas. E please don't try too hard like in 09 when you rocked.

• Get more pucks on net
  • No giving up when down

Lets Go Wings!

thumbup.gif One of the few thumbup.gif

• Wings were 7/7 on the P.K.
  • Only lost each game by 1 goal
  • The most important thing is to stop making stupid mistakes... fluke goals, bad bounces, s***ty players dressing

See you at the WCF

Sick of these people saying we got outplayed, we don't score goals when we have an offensive push, then we can't keep it in (lidstroms stick breaks / other s***) and it leads to odd man rushes..

you forgot the one thing that killed us last night.

PLAY THE FULL 60 MINUTES! :ranting:

This phrase is fast becoming way overused. Seems like some people think that anytime someone scores a goal on us, or we get outscored in a period it's because we were coasting at the time. I swear some people just look at the end result and then pick whatever cliche seems the most likely cause.

We played fine in the third last night. Conservative, but not overly so. We put up 9 shots and had a number of chances. The truth is; a good player made a good play, then Jimmy let in a weak one. That's it.

I think they'll win thursday

I hope they go and steal 1 at the tank

I pray they come home to the Joe again and take it to them

I know if there's a game 7 it will be Wings on top

litany I keep rolling over and over

Let's go Wings !

Sometimes it feel like the Wings are just trolling. They'll put themselves down 3-0 then win in 7 and be like "Trolled". But seriously, they seem to play well with their backs against the wall, which will be every game til the end of the series. I think the Wings from Round 1 Game 7 will show up tomorrow, and they'll just roll from there.

Of course the Wings CAN win the series.

It is slim/none that they WILL win the series though. I'd love to be wrong but it is all but over.

If they can somehow force it up to game 6 I might change my tune a bit.

Guest mjtm77

I think maybe we can stretch this to 6, maybe.

If it goes 6 we aint going to loose at home I will either go five or bust

Two years ago, we had a 3-0 lead on Dallas, and we beat them in game 6 in Dallas.

San Jose did the same to Colorado in 2004. I believe that was on the road too.

Home ice advantage is meaningless in this situation.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Yea I was thinking that after I hit "Reply". If we stretch this thing, it'll either go to 5 or 7... Man, just thinking about a Game 7, that would be really interesting!

In the OHL, the Spitfires, last round, won 4 in a row after going down 0-3.

the red wings going to the conference finals AGAIN this year is not in the NHL's script. San Jose needs a deep playoff run before you see another one of gary bettman's deep south "gems" enter the realm of financial trouble. though with the garbage economy and the turmoil that the city of Detroit has been through in the past couple years, it would be a nice story if they came back and won this series and the cup. but once again, bettman's heart only bleeds for SoCal and the deep south.