45 replies to this topic

#21 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:29 PM

If it goes 6 we aint going to loose at home I will either go five or bust

Two years ago, we had a 3-0 lead on Dallas, and we beat them in game 6 in Dallas.

San Jose did the same to Colorado in 2004. I believe that was on the road too.

Home ice advantage is meaningless in this situation.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 05 May 2010 - 08:38 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#22 Pat

Pat

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:32 PM

With each victory for the wings, more and more people will start to believe, it must start tomarrow!

#23 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:42 PM

If it goes 6 we aint going to loose at home I will either go five or bust

Yea I was thinking that after I hit "Reply". If we stretch this thing, it'll either go to 5 or 7... Man, just thinking about a Game 7, that would be really interesting!

In the OHL, the Spitfires, last round, won 4 in a row after going down 0-3.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#24 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:48 PM

the red wings going to the conference finals AGAIN this year is not in the NHL's script. San Jose needs a deep playoff run before you see another one of gary bettman's deep south "gems" enter the realm of financial trouble. though with the garbage economy and the turmoil that the city of Detroit has been through in the past couple years, it would be a nice story if they came back and won this series and the cup. but once again, bettman's heart only bleeds for SoCal and the deep south.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#25 GORM19

GORM19

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:53 PM

Although i believe we are a team that can come back and win this series, We have only won 3 or four in a row once or twice all season.

#26 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

What will have to happen:

• Babcock will have to control the emotions of the team
  • Howard will have to make big saves all game
  • The defense HAS to tighten up
  • Stop the sharks pp and ignite our offense on our PP's
  • Ref's will have to put there whistles away, no bs calls
  • Wings HAVE to capitalize on the sharks mistakes
  • Smart decisions when on the ice
  • Get more pucks on net
  • Get into Nabbies's head
  • Star players have to play great
  • No giving up when down

All great points. If anything makes me hopeful it's that Nabokov hasn't been a game changer so far. He's let 3 goals in each game so it's not like the Sharks are shutting the Wings down completely. I believe they can score enough on Nabby to win. But can the Wings shut down the Sharks? I'm not so sure.

Howard has to come out and play with the swagger and confidence he played with in Games 4 and 5 of the Phoenix series. That kid was good enough to carry the Wings in the playoffs. The Howard we've seen in this series simply can't carry a team to a Cup. The Wings' only hope is that the dominant Howard shows up tomorrow.

Let's be honest-- it's virtually impossible for the Wings to win this series. There's a better chance of me finding a bag of hundreds sitting in the parking lot tomorrow morning.

What we have to hope for is that the Wings manage to take the series to at least 6 games if only to salvage their dignity. I do think it's very doable for the Wings to take the Sharks to 6 games. Remember the Dallas series in 08? They came in after a game 7 that went to 3rd OT and got dominated for 3 games. So, even though they were down 0-3 going into game 4 they managed to win games 4 and 5. They even looked like they could have taken us to a 7th game. Why? The Wings took their foot off the gas once they were up 3-0 in the series. If a team of playoff veterans could fall into that trap then you'd have to expect a team like San Jose is even more likely to take their foot off the gas tomorrow. They definitely won't let us come back and win 4 games unless there's some kind of miracle, but I can see us taking this series to 6 games.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#27 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

I have full faith in the Wings coming back. I wouldn't bet on it, but I think the wings can do it.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#28 FNCardascia

FNCardascia

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:57 PM

but once again, bettman's heart only bleeds for SoCal and the deep south.

*coughcoughPITTSBURGHcoughcough*

#29 GORM19

GORM19

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:57 PM

win it for lids

go wings go

#30 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:11 PM

Whatever you are smoking, roll me one will ya? This series is over.

Really? You're attempting to convince everyone here that the team we (and you) all support is going to lose? That's pathetic.

#31 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:26 PM

I see the Wings winning the next two games if the refs begin to let the calls balance out. After those two games, I don't know, we'll have to wait and see.

Once it's 3-2 I think it's anyone's series. By then hopefully the Wings will have taken over fully.

But I can't shake the feeling that the series is over, let's just hope they can win a couple games before it does.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#32 soonboomer

soonboomer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:28 PM

The Wings appear to have packed it in. The game tying goal by the Sharks in the 3rd period sucked the life out of them. Their body language in the OT had "give up" written all over it. All of these points about what needs to happen for the Wings to win.........fact is, when it comes down to crunch time, the Sharks have been the ones imposing their will, not the Wings. All you eternal optimists..... just think back over the course of this past season, and ask yourself.........was this team even in the same universe as the '08 and '09 teams? Were you even confident, over a stretch of more than a few games, that this team could go out and dominate other quality clubs? Sometimes you have to be real...........and by doing so doesn't mean you're any less of fan. Chicago is better than last year...........San Jose surely is too, as can the case be made for Vancouver. The losses of Hossa, Sammy and Hudler were never overcome. And, as much as I like Howard, he hasn't been anywhere near a playoff quality Ozzie. For the past decade the Wings have been the team to beat.............things like that don't go on forever........not in hockey nor any other sport.

#33 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:31 PM

go wings wont be able to focus in school tommo!!!
Posted Image

#34 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:39 PM

Not that I think it will happen, but could you imagine the suicide rate in SJ, if the Wings came back and won game 7 in SJ?
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#35 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:01 PM

This series is done.

Get off the pipe.

Posted Image

#36 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:07 PM

The Wings appear to have packed it in. The game tying goal by the Sharks in the 3rd period sucked the life out of them. Their body language in the OT had "give up" written all over it.

That was my reaction, too. They just gave up. To look on the bench, there wasn't steely resolve, just disappointment and frustration.

But there are a lot of variables at stake tomorrow:

1) The games have all been close, that alone shows they might be able to win a game.
2) Calling in Ritola could create a second Abdelkader Effect and inspire the team to step it up a notch.

With one win under their belt, they could regain confidence. Then it's off to San Jose for a tough game, but it's just one game. San Jose, despite dominating at times, has never been able to truly put the Wings away, despite being up 3-0, this series could easily be 3-0 the other way.

Start off with one win tomorrow and the confidence slowly streams back as San Jose starts worrying about choking again.

Again, chances are the series is over, but if the Wings could win tomorrow, that would increase their chances of winning the next game one would think, and with a 3-2 series it IS possible they could win another 2.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#37 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:08 PM

Not that I think it will happen, but could you imagine the suicide rate in SJ, if the Wings came back and won game 7 in SJ?

Nope :D
Posted Image

#38 Pat

Pat

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:28 PM

Wings need to send a statement that there going to battle through this series, and it's going to have to start with domination in the game tomorrow.

The wings need to make the game tomorrow look easy so they can have some confidence

Believe my friends, its gonna take a lot of luck and determination.

#39 FabHckyBbe

FabHckyBbe

The Fabulous Hockey Babe

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:29 PM

the red wings going to the conference finals AGAIN this year is not in the NHL's script. San Jose needs a deep playoff run before you see another one of gary bettman's deep south "gems" enter the realm of financial trouble. though with the garbage economy and the turmoil that the city of Detroit has been through in the past couple years, it would be a nice story if they came back and won this series and the cup. but once again, bettman's heart only bleeds for SoCal and the deep south.

Geeze, too bad for the Sharks that San Jose is neither in SoCal nor the deep south.

1) Buy an atlas (San Jose/the Bay Area is considered Northern California)
2) Take off the tin foil hat.

There is no "NHL script" -- if there were, you'd think the NHL would have scripted a Stanley Cup for the team they placed in the US's 6th largest television market instead of allowing their fans to keep waiting through the first 19 years of the team's exisitence. Instead, in it's infinite wisdom, the NHL has granted the Red Wings, sitting in the 11th largest Metropolitan Market Region the right to win the Cup 4 times in the last 13 years. Where's the logic in that? Wouldn't you think the NHL would be more interested in coddling the bigger markets? Yet it's been the Wings who've won the majority of recents Cups.

Oh, and Pittsburgh's TV market? 23rd in the US. Yeah, the NHL is making bank off promoting them so much. :rolleyes:

This kind of conspiracy talk makes everyone a little bit dumber.

Edited by FabHckyBbe, 05 May 2010 - 11:30 PM.

Sharks Chicks Rule!
~The Babe

~~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~~

The FeederForums on LGS

#40 Doomster

Doomster

Sharks magic number - 9

• 14 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:02 AM

Geeze, too bad for the Sharks that San Jose is neither in SoCal nor the deep south.

1) Buy an atlas (San Jose/the Bay Area is considered Northern California)

You know, being insulted by Wings fans about the Sharks is one thing. But him comparing us to SoCal and....gasp...the Ducks....well, that's below the belt.

:lol: