• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Free Agent Wish List

Rate this topic

this line would be a nightmare to play against. Speed and toughness. I like it.

lol ya i really like it Tootoo is a guy that will scrap if we need him to and would bring it every shift, and he's not one of those goons that wont be putting up points. Id really like him and he does have one more year left i think but if Draper retired.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Zetterberg-Filppula-Hudler

Cleary-Helm-Bertuzzi

Eaves-Abdelkader-Tootoo(thats alot of speed and hurt on a line)

lol i have this as my line up in NHL10 right now

Edited by king_malice

Tootoo signed a 2 year extension earlier this season. Our line up probably won't be any different next year, unless Lidstrom is gone.

Oh ok thanks i was just looking at a UFA/RFA list and it still has him as one.

I HAVE A SOLUTION!!!

Ok, first off we trade Howard for draft picks, everyone says he sucks anyway right!

Then, we sign Adam Foote, Vesa Toskala, and Mike Modano

Also, if people still think we need scoring, we could always trade someone like Filpula, another player who everyone is always calling to be traded anyway, and sign Teemu Selanne

With that roster the NHL would have to just give us the cup, right? :hehe:

Add me, foote, modano, forsberg, chelios, sakic, leetch, and hull come out of retirement, and we have the best 1998 NHL team in the league to go with draper, homer, lids, etc.

:yowza:

I like it, but would we still fit under the cap? If we coudl get them all to sign small contracts then I am totally for it. With this roster we could easily see the first ever 82 win season!!!

Anyone else think Holland should call Burke concerning the availability of Kaberle if Lids retires this summer?

I'd love to have Kaberle here. Burkes asking price is going to be pretty high though.

His no trade clause is gone, so there could be a pretty huge bidding war for him.

Edited by puffy

Volchenkov would be great for Detroit. He reminds me a lot of Vladdy. Not saying he is or will be as good, but I think they share the same philosophy about the defensive position. I wouldn't be worried about him only scoring a few goals a year. As long as he is doing a great job keeping pucks out of our own net, they amount of points he is scoring would be irrelevant. If we did sign Volchenkov, this what our pairings could look like:

1)Volechenkov-Rafalski: Would be a very solid unit, Rafi would have to be the trigger man at the point, which is fine because he is somewhat of an offensive d-man.

2)Volcheknov-Stuart: Would be ridiculously solid in our own zone, but I would not expect much offense.

3)Volcheknov-Kronwall: Very similar to the first pairing listed. Kronwall is fairly aggressive, like Rafalski.

4)Kronwall-Stuart: See: last few seasons for opinion

5)Kronwall-Rafalski: This would probably be my favorite pairing in the offensive zone, however, I would be worried in our own.

6)Rafalski-Stuart: Could be a good pairing. Stuart may be a little more offensively gifted then Volchenkov (not by much lol) so it is almost the same.

Honestly, I think every pairing listed would be solid. If Lidstrom retires, Volchenkov could be a strong pick up.

Where did you find 3 Volechenkovs? If you have a cloning machine the Best line up would be:

Datsyuk Zetterberg Datsyuk

Lidstrom Stuart

Lidstrom Stuart

Lidstrom Stuart

Assuming you have a time machine a Hasek in his prime would be ideal

Hasek

Hasek2 (backup)

I'm fairly certain Burke will be moving Kaberle at the draft in LA...As for the asking price - who knows?...I'm sure it'll be high, but for all we know it could be our 1st, plus Helm, and maybe some other prospect, or later round pick for this years draft.

At 32 Kaberle still has 3, or 4 solid years left in him; he'll be a good Dman somewhere these next few years.

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat, but we can't ignore the fact that the Flyers offered them Jeff Carter and a 1st for him a little over a year ago.

The older and more expensive Chris Pronger got two 1st rounders,prospect Luca Sbisa,Joffrey Lupul and a 3rd in return.

I'm not suggesting Kaberle will get that big of a return, but I won't be surprised to see some crazy offers being thrown around.

Edited by puffy

Guys, I think we all KNOW what will happen come July 1st. NOTHING!

As we watch key free agent after key free agent being signed up we'll begin making topics asking where ken holland is, what he's doing, why nothing is happening. After a week or so Holland will give a blurb in the freep saying he is looking for "the right fit" or players that "make sense" for them. Then by the third week of July, with all the top tier free agents gone, Holland will reassure us by stating, again the in the freep, that our free agent signing is Jiri Hudler, and that his return is just as good as any of the players that were available. Finally, Holland will finish his summer duties by signing one decrepit old 4th line vet like Ian Laperierre and a former Red Wing along the lines of Mike Knuble. Before the regular season begins Holland will state, this time on Fox Sports Detroit, that the Wings are up against the cap and will have to go into the season with the team they have, and that maybe (never happen) they'll try to make a splash at the trade deadline.

Someone new for our top 6. Marleau/Plekanec/Afinogenov/Lombardi/Stempniak

Marleau is going to get somewhere between 5.5 and 6.5 million dollars a season depending on the length of the contract. This team shouldn't add another 5+ million dollar forward unless they trade someone like Cleary to free the cash up.

I'm not sold on Afinogenov-- this season may have been an aberration. Stempniak will want an inflated salary based on his 14 goal month after the trade deadline but he's still the same player who underperformed so badly in Toronto.

Marleau wants to stay in the west. The Farthest, he will go is Vancouver most likely or maybe Phoenix. But, he is most likely staying in the west either the Sharks, Kings, or Ducks. I"m guessing. He's stated that before, that he only wants to stay in California or near here.

What's about Olli Jokinen? He once was a force in this league.

That was before Zednik almost lost his head.

Seriously though. You don't pay a guy 5m or something for blocking shots. And Anton Volchenkov is definitely not "arguably the best defensive d-man in the league". Lidstrom, Chara, Pronger... those are all better.

We need a guy like Weber who can add offense too.

As we watch key free agent after key free agent being signed up we'll begin making topics asking where ken holland is, what he's doing, why nothing is happening. After a week or so Holland will give a blurb in the freep saying he is looking for "the right fit" or players that "make sense" for them. Then by the third week of July, with all the top tier free agents gone, Holland will reassure us by stating, again the in the freep, that our free agent signing is Jiri Hudler, and that his return is just as good as any of the players that were available. Finally, Holland will finish his summer duties by signing one decrepit old 4th line vet like Ian Laperierre and a former Red Wing along the lines of Mike Knuble. Before the regular season begins Holland will state, this time on Fox Sports Detroit, that the Wings are up against the cap and will have to go into the season with the team they have, and that maybe (never happen) they'll try to make a splash at the trade deadline.

:lol: Hey an actual life long Wings fan! Been there done that eh? I fear you are far too correct! Unfortunately the return of Hudler is gonna affect Holland's decision. Not unless he answers our prayers and trades him at the draft. We have what, $16 million available in salary? Take away the $2.8 Hudler is gonna get, we're looking at $13 million, actually capgeek.com has us at just over $14M WITH Hudler's salary for next season, so give us another million to use. If Holland doesn't offer Lidstrom the world and Lids takes like $4-$5 million, that leaves us $8-$9million to re-sign our guys and add some depth. Now, who do we re-sign and or add to our roster?

Holmstrom - re-sign for around $1.5M - $2M

Abdelkader - No-Brainer, $950-$1M

Helm - $650-$750

Miller - $550-$650

Eaves - $550-$650

I am unsure on the RFA's or UFA's in GRR that have no options left in the minors, so the likes of Ritola and Ryno are up in the air. I feel Kindl is gonna get his shot (if not traded) so we'll have to subtract his $833k from the cap. The one guy I am up in the air about is Bertuzzi. He says he wants to stay (so did Hossa) we have plenty of money to keep him, but for what price? Also, I believe Babcock doesnt have much faith in him, example being it is of my opinion that he should've been the guy to take the penalty shot the other night, not Zetterberg, I think Bertuzzi is better ate the penalty shot/shootout. But lets say he stays for $2M and if Lidstrom re-signs for $5M, for the rest of the guys I am gonna use the lower amount. We're looking at only $3M left to add depth, minus Kindl's $833k it's even less. Thats not gonna land us a Mitchell or Ladd. Byfuglien is signed thru next year, so forget him. We might be able to steal Hjalmarsson out of Chicago, but if they are able to dump Campbell and or Huet, they will retain any and all of their FA's that they want along with adding more! This is truly scary...

So I would say, without a shadow of a doubt, you sir are 100% spot on with your take on the off-season. (unless we can somehow dump Rafalski's salary.)

What's about Olli Jokinen? He once was a force in this league.

There's rumor Jokinen will be in russia next year in the KHL

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Olli-Jokinen-close-to-appearing-in-next-year-s;_ylt=Au46VkQoDyYxHnhE5IEMCbZ7vLYF?urn=nhl,238944

EDIT: you have to copy and paste this whole link, you can't click on it (copy the numbers as well)

I feel like i've heard this before hahahaha, nicely done

Edited by Mitchmac33

That was before Zednik almost lost his head.

Seriously though. You don't pay a guy 5m or something for blocking shots. And Anton Volchenkov is definitely not "arguably the best defensive d-man in the league". Lidstrom, Chara, Pronger... those are all better.

We need a guy like Weber who can add offense too.

How about Joe Corvo?He can definitely add offense but i'm not sure how well he plays defensively.

I have no problem trading Cleary to free up space, i like him as a player when he's on his game, but i think he is way overpayed, then again i think Rafalski is about a 1-2 mill overpayed also. I liked when we had Conklin and him and Ozzy pretty much split the games, i wouldnt mind doing that again picking up a goalie to split with Howie.But i defintly think Coliacovo is a steal at that price, like i said earlier 6'1 200lbs alright size D and 32pts in 67gp, obviously wouldnt be our top pairing but would be a great 2nd or 3rd

I have no problem trading Cleary to free up space, i like him as a player when he's on his game, but i think he is way overpayed, then again i think Rafalski is about a 1-2 mill overpayed also. I liked when we had Conklin and him and Ozzy pretty much split the games, i wouldnt mind doing that again picking up a goalie to split with Howie.But i defintly think Coliacovo is a steal at that price, like i said earlier 6'1 200lbs alright size D and 32pts in 67gp, obviously wouldnt be our top pairing but would be a great 2nd or 3rd

Any rumors on Cleary being traded?I wouldn't mind it i guess.quite a disappointing year for him.I'd love to see Colaiocovo here.

Any rumors on Cleary being traded?I wouldn't mind it i guess.quite a disappointing year for him.I'd love to see Colaiocovo here.

Careful what you wish for. Coca Cola is made of glass, he's like the Eric Lindros of defensemen. If you sneeze infront of him he will be out 10+ games.