• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings4Life19

any Red Sox fans around?

Rate this topic

just wondering if there are any sox fans that are also wings fan on the forum. if there are could you give us some advise as to what you went through in 04 against NY when they did the unthinkable and won that series.

All wings fans represent the D and are Tigers fans too or they are not down with the Mike I and the Little Caesars possee. No one likes the red sux, their obnoxious fans or the city of boston for that matter. :ranting:

All wings fans represent the D and are Tigers fans too or they are not down with the Mike I and the Little Caesars possee. No one likes the red sux, their obnoxious fans or the city of boston for that matter. :ranting:

..While I agree with you to a point, you're sorting of calling the kettle black there, aren't you?

Now, having said that - you're probably joking.

Er, I'm a Red Sox fan. Friend from Boston got me into baseball back in '03.

And shockingly, I had total faith in the Red Sox in '04 during that series, not quite sure why - even by friend in Boston had given up.

That said, I don't have the same feeling about this series, unfortunately.

Lets go Oakland! The A's had series blown in the first round aganist the Yankees and the redsox and twins 2-0. And the A's blew all of that with bad luck.

I wouldn't like to go through that again, if the Sharks somehow lose this series. I know, I will never see a championship with any of my teams.

Lets go Oakland! The A's had series blown in the first round aganist the Yankees and the redsox and twins 2-0. And the A's blew all of that with bad luck.

I wouldn't like to go through that again, if the Sharks somehow lose this series. I know, I will never see a championship with any of my teams.

Nice perfect game.

Go Jays though!

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

i can see my blue jays actually making some noise this year.

and i dont hate the red sox as much as you all think. i just like the image! :yowza:

Being a Sox fan for decades, and living an hour and a half from Boston, I can tell you any fan who thought the Sox had a chance being down 3 games to nothing to the Evil Empire is lying through his teeth. I'm sure all the masochists like me watched game 4 to see how it would end but things didn't really get interesting until the Sox won game 5. Then everybody seemed to get a sense of confidence that we were just not going to lose. It snowballed from there. Don't forget, up until that time, we were living under the shadow of the Curse of the Bambino for 86 years. Whatever could go wrong, was going to go wrong... always had, always would.Irony of that feeling in 04 was the feeling that Bruins fans had when they lost to Philly last year up 3 games to 0 in the Semi's and up 3-0 in Game 4 before the wheels fell off.

I would have to say as a Wings fan, they have a remarkable streak in the playoffs and are so rich in talent and full of veteran leadership, I would never count them out of a series down 3-0.