• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings4Life19

to the sharks fans

Rate this topic

i mean no disrespect posting this, i just want to get your feelings before game 4

what are your expectations as to how the series will end? will it be over quick, or will your sharks give you a scare? do the wings playing with nothing to lose worry you? if it goes to game 7 who wins? if they lose this series who do you want traded/released/fired?

i mean no disrespect posting this, i just want to get your feelings before game 4

what are your expectations as to how the series will end? will it be over quick, or will your sharks give you a scare? do the wings playing with nothing to lose worry you? if it goes to game 7 who wins? if they lose this series who do you want traded/released/fired?

My expectations in this series was going 6 -7 games with either team winning. THe wings will win, if this goes to game 7.If they lose this series, i want the whole managment fired, and everyone released or traded. i mean everyone.

My expectations in this series was going 6 -7 games with either team winning. THe wings will win, if this goes to game 7.If they lose this series, i want the whole managment fired, and everyone released or traded. i mean everyone.

Sharkfan, where is your optimism? You really think the Wings can make a series out of this?

My opinion. I think the Wings are just deflated. They've played well enough to be up 3-0 in the series and find themselves in an 0-3 hole. Thats tough to overcome emotionally.

The scary part, is that the Sharks really havent had that one game where they play lights out. I say theyre due in the next two games.

Edited by wingsownnhl43

Sharkfan, where is your optimism? You really think the Wings can make a series out of this?

My opinion. I think the Wings are just deflated. They've played well enough to be up 3-0 in the series and find themselves in an 0-3 hole. Thats tough to overcome emotionally.

The scary part, is that the Sharks really havent had that one game where they play lights out. I say theyre due in the next two games.

I think that was his expectaton coming into the series.

As a Wings' fan, it doesn't look good at all, but I just look at it as one game at a time now. Sharks haven't won anything until they win that 4th game and that 4th game is typically the toughest. The Wings are down 3-0, but they have all been 1 goal games. That said, the realist in me thinks going 5 or 6 games might be the limit.

If I was a Shark's fan, I'd be very happy right now, but if they lose game 4, I'd be thinking, okay fine, let's win game 5 and get this over with. If they lose game 5, I'd start getting extremely nervous thinking about going into game 6 knowing that if they lose, it goes to game 7 where anything can happen.

That was my prediction going into the series. And lets be honest, if this goes to game 7, the Sharks don't have the momentum going into game 7 or probably the confidence.

I think that was his expectaton coming into the series.

As a Wings' fan, it doesn't look good at all, but I just look at it as one game at a time now. Sharks haven't won anything until they win that 4th game and that 4th game is typically the toughest. The Wings are down 3-0, but they have all been 1 goal games. That said, the realist in me thinks going 5 or 6 games might be the limit.

If I was a Shark's fan, I'd be very happy right now, but if they lose game 4, I'd be thinking, okay fine, let's win game 5 and get this over with. If they lose game 5, I'd start getting extremely nervous thinking about going into game 6 knowing that if they lose, it goes to game 7 where anything can happen.

Thats basically my reactoin. If we lose tonight, lets get it back on saturday, if we lose Saturday. Well, I don't know if we can win the series if we lose on Saturday. At least the Sharks are focusing on one game at a time hopefully.

First-off, I love this site. I've been a lurker here for years.

Figured there would be some fun, good-natured bantering going on here.

BUT...

Game #1: Refs

Game #2: Refs

Game #3: 3rd period collapse, a few questionable calls

No way would I come on your boards and post smack. Not cool at all and not my style. This is why it sucks because these games have had controversey surrounding them and posting here would be wrong.

How do I feel? Confident.

This Sharks team has strength coming from multiple lines which is something I have not seen in a long time...if ever. Guys are stepping-up. Adding Scott N. and Manny M. and allowing L.Couture to develop his game 95% of the season in the AHL have all been great moves. Nabby has been playing well. TMac is an awesome coach and he's handled the "babies" on the team well.

Every game has been a battle. The Sharks have found a way to take the extra step, so far and they have benefited from some lucky bounces.

No chance this Sharks fan is looking ahead. Wings are to damn good.

well as odd as this seems, I know the wings will win tonight 3-1 because of a dream I just had. It was so vivid, we were up 2-1 for most of the game and with about 1:30 left to go one of our players poked it past the SJ d-man at the point and sunk it into the empty netter to seal the game.

I still think the wings can win the series...there are only four games left and when dats, z, and lids step on the ice in these critical moments I think we can beat anyone.

well as odd as this seems, I know the wings will win tonight 3-1 because of a dream I just had. It was so vivid, we were up 2-1 for most of the game and with about 1:30 left to go one of our players poked it past the SJ d-man at the point and sunk it into the empty netter to seal the game.

I still think the wings can win the series...there are only four games left and when dats, z, and lids step on the ice in these critical moments I think we can beat anyone.

It'll be scary it that happens

1. Will it be over quick? - Tonight . . . or Saturday at the latest. Wings had their hearts ripped out Tuesday night. They'll try to bring their best, but in the back of their minds, they know this series is over.

2. Will your Sharks give you a scare? - They always scare me. You never know when they'll cough-up the puck in their own zone or completely miss a defensive assignment. But as much as they scare me, I think they are also scaring the Red Wings players just a little.

3. Do the Wings playing with nothing to lose worry you? - Seems to me the Wings have everything to lose. Their season could be over tonight. But no matter what the situation, playing the Wings at The Joe always worries me.

4. If it goes to game 7 who wins? - It won't go to a Game 7.

5. If they lose this series who do you want traded/released/fired? - It won't go to a Game 7.

It's gonna be an epic battle tonight. Good luck and may the best team win.

Going into the series I would have said that the Sharks would win in 7 games. Now that they are up 3-0 I just can't see it going that far.

In years past, yes, I could have seen the Sharks blowing a 3-0 lead and allowing the Wings to be the first team since the 1975 Isles to come back from a 0-3 deficit. Yes, the Sharks have worn that god-awful "choker" label ever since they've failed to advance past the second round after the lockout. Yes, the Sharks have been labeled mentally fragile. Yes, the Sharks won the President's Trophy last year and still crapped out to the 8th seeded Ducks.

BUT, this ain't your mama's Sharks team.

They are a different team this year than in years past . The additions of Malhotra and Nichol cannot be overstated enough. This Sharks team is hungrier, mentally tougher, grittier. Case in point -- When Dan Boyle scored the game-winning OT goal for the Avs in game 3 to put the Sharks down 1-2 in that series other Sharks teams of the past would have rolled over and played dead at that point. Had that happened to last year's team the Sharks would have lost to the Avs in 5 or 6 games. Instead, Dan Boyle scored 1 minute into game 4 and the Sharks rallied around him and they are undefeated since Dan scored that horrifying goal on Nabby. Along the way they've had two come-from-behind third period wins against the Wings. Does a mentally fragile team of chokers have the wherewithal to do that to the Wings not once, but twice?

I think not.

The Sharks will not allow this series to continue beyond 5 games. I can see the Wings winning tonight in a fit of desperation in front of the home crowd, but there is no way THIS Sharks team loses 4 games in a row.

I'm hoping they can close out the series tonight, as I have a bad cold and I'd rather not have to drag my ass down to the Tank for a game 5 on Saturday. But if I have to, I will. I have plenty of TheraFlu and honey in the cupboard, although I've run out of Kleenex and I'm blowing my nose with Charmin instead.

I think they Sharks close it out in 5 games. I think DET will win this game in some last hurrah and SJ will counter in Game 5.

The Sharks will give us a scare. They always do.

If this goes to seven, the Sharks will have all the pressure and I would lean towards DET winning it unless they are tired by then.

If the Sharks chef this up, I expect Dougie to blow this team up. No way Patty and Nabby will be back. The window for the Sharks (and Red Wings) are closing. If you can't make a run during that window, time to make major alterations.

BTW, I bet on the Wings for this game. But I am 0 for 9 this season betting on the Wings. Thought I'd ride my bad luck.

:lol: Tell your management that the Wings will gladly take Pavalski off their hands ;)

Nice to see a couple of my Feeder buddies, Fab & Doom, weighing in with their opinions here.

Not to be disrespectful, but I would like to know.

Given the way the first three games have gone, how many of the LGW faithful really believe you can win four straight against us?

Nice to see a couple of my Feeder buddies, Fab & Doom, weighing in with their opinions here.

Given the way the first three games have gone, how many of the LGW faithful really believe you can win four straight against us?

I would hope that people temper their optimism with some realism. We all want the Wings to win tonight, partly for pride, partly because this could be Nick's last game and you don't want him going out like that and partly because we know we CAN win a game. That said, deep down inside I have to believe they know it's just not going to happen, but don't want to admit it. Which is what makes us fans; the belief that anything can happen when you know nothing will happen.

3 1-goal games isn't domination, and while there's a chance that the Sharks will close it out tonight, I would be surprised.

Detroit's too good not to take at least 1 in the series, hopefully 2.

See, I tried to get plane tickets to come see the game but couldn't get anything I could afford. I've never seen a game at the Joe, and it seems like one of those things that any hockey fan should do. If the Wings win the next 2, I still have a chance.

Man, I sure wish I could tap into some of your collective optimism. Remember back in 1997? The Wings are playing the Flyers in game 4 of the finals. It's the third period, Wings up 2-0, when Lindros scores with 17 seconds left. I immediately get the fear that somehow Philly will tie it in the last seconds, and that the Wings will never have the lead again. Kind of like a few years later when Detroit blew a three goal third period lead, and then dropped the next three. When you've seen it happen, you can't ever be comfortable!

I would hope that people temper their optimism with some realism. We all want the Wings to win tonight, partly for pride, partly because this could be Nick's last game and you don't want him going out like that and partly because we know we CAN win a game. That said, deep down inside I have to believe they know it's just not going to happen, but don't want to admit it. Which is what makes us fans; the belief that anything can happen when you know nothing will happen.

Honest assessment. And I've been down that road all too often with the Sharks.

BTW, Nick will be OK. Four rings and a sure spot in the HHOF should make him feel good about his career.

If I had to sum up what I think most Sharks fans are feeling, I think it would be best described as confident, but mostly "nervously optimistic". For good reason, too, because our respective histories are very different.

Even so, the Sharks are often described as Chokers, especially since what happened in 2004, but the physical reality is that it's not even the same Sharks team, for the most part. Literally speaking. The only two Sharks that remain from the 'choke' team of yore are Marleau and Nabokov, and they're doing fine. All the rest of the Sharks know that whatever they're supposedly living down has nothing whatsoever to do with them, individually.

Before game 3, I wrote that I had no idea what to expect. With three moderately high scoring one goal games now tallied, that thought has changed very little. If the Wings had taken the last game, there would be no feeling on either team's part that momentum was theirs, and game 4 would just be another hard fought game in a playoff series. Because the Sharks did win, the Wings now have to be treated very much like a cornered, and therefore extremely dangerous, animal, even more dangerous potentially than in all the other games combined.

While the Sharks won't be changing much in the way of strategy, I know that Babs will be trying some new things to shake things up for the Wings. That's risky, because I think the Wings already had a strategy that could have beaten the Sharks if the bounces (and yes, calls) had gone the other way. But desperate times call for desperate measures, and Babs won't take stupid risks; he'll only be concerned with what will give his team more confidence going in, even if it's an illusion.

The Sharks are fully aware that they must give it their all to go for the kill tonight, while the series momentum, tally-wise anyway, is theirs. After getting to 3-0, they know that ANY momentum by the Wings, whether it's from a win tonight, or momentum attained later in the game, is the equivalent of an extreme burst of game-changing energy in the Wings favor.

It will be hard as hell for either team to get a win tonight, but if the Sharks don't finish the job tonight, it will only get much, much harder after that. Fortunately for the Sharks, having a "finishing the job" mindset, like the Wings have become accustomed to as a franchise, is something McClellan has worked very hard to finally instill in the Sharks.

The Wings are trying, with a win tonight, to plant a seed of hope to stage the ultimate history-making comeback, which would be like a vindication of what happened to the Wings back in 1942. A SINGLE WIN by the Wings will give them just as much energy as THREE wins by the Sharks, because in every game you're playing with a Freedom team ("nothing left to lose").

It's going to be more difficult for the Wings to stage such an ultimate comeback, because it also means the ultimate choke by the Sharks, of all the teams. No other teams in the NHL has more motivation to prevent such a thing, at all costs.

My gut feeling, and not so much a prediction, is that the Sharks want this win more than any other win in their history, and will find a way to finish the job tonight. Another gut feeling I have is that because things can go either way very easily, it may get very, very ugly tonight. If that happens, and the Wings find a way to force a game 5, and then 6, and even 7, we may be looking at the birth of an epic, bona fide hatred rivalry between the two teams that will endure for years.

Edited by Grypho

Confident and optimistic, but yet still vary wary. Let's look back to two years ago.

The Sharks took 7 games to eliminate the Flames in the first round. (Similar to how it took 7 games for the wings to knock off the yotes this year)

They then fell behind 3 games to none in their 2nd round matchup against the dallas stars. (seeing any parallels yet?)

In that series, the Sharks broke through and got one win. They then had a 2 goal comeback in the 3rd period and won game 5 in overtime. Now the series was 3-2. Game 6 was in Dallas. It went to triple overtime. (maybe it was 4 overtimes...it's a painful memory I've tried unsuccessfully to block out.) Dallas scored on a powerplay to win it and eliminate the Sharks.

If one bounce is different in that triple OT game, the Sharks tie the series up at 3 and head home for a game 7 with all the momentum and belief in the world. Had the Sharks pulled out that game 6, I have zero doubt in my mind that they were going to take game 7.

It can happen. It all starts with one win. Many of these Sharks were on that team. They know that the red wings are a better team now than the Sharks team of 2 years ago. The Sharks will play desperate hockey as well to close this out ASAP. This is a different squad. A more mature and experienced squad. A calm and confident one. They are playing hockey in a way that I've never seen before in my 19 years of watching them. This is why such a big part of me wants to just start going crazy, spewing thoughts of how much this is the year. Why I want to run around my neighborhood screaming after every win. Why I want to take my rally towels and playoff pompoms when I go down to the grocery store for milk. Why every time I see another car on the road with a Sharks license plate frame or logo on it I honk and pump my fist in the air, even if they can't figure out why.

It's that other part of me that holds me back. The part that has swallowed bitter bitter disappointment the past 6 years. The part that has had those expectations lifted every single season, only to be smashed into thousands of pieces and shoved up my you know what. With each win, this part gets pushed further away, letting the first part creep a little closer into my consciousness. One more might take it over the top. I try not to let my mind look too far ahead, but it's getting progressively more difficult.

I know this is going to be a cheesy reference, but it's the best comparison I can think of for describing how I'm feeling as a Sharks fan. You know the part in the movie The Matrix where Neo finally decides he's not going to run from that agent in the train station like they always tell him to? He decides to fight the unbeatable agent. One of the guys in the ship says, "what's he doing?!?" Morpheus says quite simply, "He's beginning to believe." Well that's me.

I'm beginning to believe.

Against an average team, I really think that with players such as Lids, Z, Dats and so on, we would at least stand a chance to mount an epic come back. But against a team as good as the sharks, Realistically I dont really think its going to happen. Your Sharks are a great team, and IMO the best team in the NHL right NOW.

Despite the sharks being up 3-0, I honestly dont think this 4th win is going to come very easily to you guys, but at the same time, I cant really see the Wings winning 4 games straight.

I just want to say that Sharks fans that come to this board have always been my fave compared to any other opposing team fans. They are always so respectful and just talk HOCKEY. I love it. Just wanted to thank them for that.

But anyways, GO WINGS!!!!!!!! :D