• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings7

Lebda out; Lilja in

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Ericsson usually isn't too bad when he plays with Lilja. Same with Lebda.

Sarcasm ON

It's ironic that after all the crap Lebda took from people here, they plead for Babs to leave him in the lineup for an elimination game.

Lebs-Lils would be the best option to me, but I'll trust Babcock has a clue here.

Are you guys kidding me right now? Ericsson is a total liability out there. Babcock always says you play the guys who are playing the best. If that's the case, Lebda should be in. No doubt about it. Ericsson shouldn't have pinched/joined the rush on that play. Don't blame Willy for missing the net (that's a stupid ass scape goat) and the forwards for not covering (they probably didn't think that was going to happen. Did Ericsson call them back? We don't know, but he should have. Or he should have taken a look to see if a forward was in position to cover him. Either way, it's Ericsson fault. He caused that whole meltdown. Willy missing the net really didn't have much to do with it if the normal coverage was there. It would have been a 2on2 with Aby back-checking. Lidstrom misses the net all the time...

Anyways, I don't understand this move at all. And I don't like it.

I'd like to see this...Not that it truly matters...

Zets - Dats - Homs

Cleary - Fil - Franz

Bert - Helm - Rit

Mils - Aby - Meech

Lids - Raffi

Kronners - Stuie

Lebs - Lils

Wouldn't that be awesome!

Our version of Mike Green :thumbup:

But without the Geico commercials!

I think Leb/Lil is the better combination, but right now it seems to be more of a "get the kids experience" mindset what with Ritola coming in and all.

Now watch, Ericsson will do something huge (in a good way) tonight to prove me wrong.

If the Wings are to take Ericsson out to put in a new partner for Lilja on the third pairing, Meech is the best choice, followed by Kindl.

Why, you ask?

A) They're the best defenseman who are not in Babs' top six.

B) Meech is the only defenseman with more than a handful of NHL games who has any shot at returning next season, and Kindl is the only black ace guaranteed to return next year.

I thought they both look very solid tonight. With the stuart injury is is a good thing they didnt sit ericsson he had a ton of ice time and look pretty good. Still a few turn overs but pretty solid still