• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 4 GDT: Sharks 1 at Red Wings 7

Rate this topic

Game Four

This is the 98th Game Four in a playoff series. The Club’s record in the previous 97 games:

45W-52L.

This is the 90th Game Four in a best-of-seven playoff series. The Club’s record in the previous 89 games:

41W-48L.

This is the 28th Game Four in a best-of-seven playoff series with no home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 27 games:

10W-17L.

This is the 36th Game Four in the Conference era. The Club’s record in the previous 35 games:

19W-16L.

Game Four with Series 0-3.

This is the 9th Game Four in a best-of-seven playoff series with the series 0-3. The Club’s record in the previous 8 games:

0W-8L.

This is the 2nd Game Four in a semifinal playoff series with the series 0-3. The Club’s record in the previous game:

0W-1L.

This is the 1st Game Four in a Conference Semifinal series with the series 0-3.

Playoff Games vs. San Jose

This is the 1st Game Three vs. San Jose in a best-of-seven series with the series 0-3.

This is the 1st Game Three vs. San Jose in a best-of-seven semifinal series with the series 0-3.

This is the 1st Game Three vs. San Jose in a Conference Semifinal with the series 0-3.

On This Date

May 6.

This is the 4th playoff game played on this date. The Club’s record in the previous 3 games:

2W-1L.

LGW.

P. S. Make some history!

Dear God;

Let the Wings win 4 In a Row and I will go to church every Sunday from now on.. Unless the Wings are playing on that Sunday.

:D

You should have ended that with, "...in which case I'll take that as a sign that you want them to win, and that services will be held at the Joe that day."

Yeah, it's a San Fransisco band singing about Detroit, and not the bay area. Must mean that we left on impression on them :cool:

They're not singing about Detroit. "They took the midnight train going anywhere"? They left Detroit probably to get a job. OK, you're right, they were singing about Detroit. :rolleyes:

Switching from music to sports:

They play Journey in their arena. We play Metallica. Care to guess which team is edgier?

There's blood in the water. Time for the Sharks to chomp on the octopus like that shark did with that swimmer in "Jaws".

Go Sharks!

Edited by Doomster

They're not singing about Detroit. "They took the midnight train going anywhere"? They left Detroit probably to get a job. OK, you're right, they were singing about Detroit. rolleyes.gif

Switching from music to sports:

They play Journey in their arena. We play Metallica. Care to guess which team is edgier?

There's blood in the water. Time for the Sharks to chomp on the octopus like that shark did with that swimmer in "Jaws".

Go Sharks!

Yea the music...

We have been to the Finals 6 times in under 20 years.

And your team my good man will more than likely never hoist Lord Stanley

Wings destroy!!!!!

Scratch that! We made it 5! and have won 4 Still more than one of the most overrated franchises in sports history

Edited by HankthaTank

Somebody hit nabokov with an octopus please!

Edit: Did fans even throw more than 1 octopus on game 3? Because they only showed 1 on tv. Last series I saw like 4 thrown at the same time!

Edited by SiLkK19

Forgive me for cross posting my own post, but I feel that it's appropriate for discussion in this thread. Basically about how I as a Shark fan feel coming into this game...a game in a situation that pretty much no one expected to happen.

"Confident and optimistic, but yet still vary wary. Let's look back to two years ago.

The Sharks took 7 games to eliminate the Flames in the first round. (Similar to how it took 7 games for the wings to knock off the yotes this year)

They then fell behind 3 games to none in their 2nd round matchup against the dallas stars. (seeing any parallels yet?)

In that series, the Sharks broke through and got one win. They then had a 2 goal comeback in the 3rd period and won game 5 in overtime. Now the series was 3-2. Game 6 was in Dallas. It went to triple overtime. (maybe it was 4 overtimes...it's a painful memory I've tried unsuccessfully to block out.) Dallas scored on a powerplay to win it and eliminate the Sharks.

If one bounce is different in that triple OT game, the Sharks tie the series up at 3 and head home for a game 7 with all the momentum and belief in the world. Had the Sharks pulled out that game 6, I have zero doubt in my mind that they were going to take game 7.

It can happen. It all starts with one win. Many of these Sharks were on that team. They know that the red wings are a better team now than the Sharks team of 2 years ago. The Sharks will play desperate hockey as well to close this out ASAP. This is a different squad. A more mature and experienced squad. A calm and confident one. They are playing hockey in a way that I've never seen before in my 19 years of watching them. This is why such a big part of me wants to just start going crazy, spewing thoughts of how much this is the year. Why I want to run around my neighborhood screaming after every win. Why I want to take my rally towels and playoff pompoms when I go down to the grocery store for milk. Why every time I see another car on the road with a Sharks license plate frame or logo on it I honk and pump my fist in the air, even if they can't figure out why.

It's that other part of me that holds me back. The part that has swallowed bitter bitter disappointment the past 6 years. The part that has had those expectations lifted every single season, only to be smashed into thousands of pieces and shoved up my you know what. With each win, this part gets pushed further away, letting the first part creep a little closer into my consciousness. One more might take it over the top. I try not to let my mind look too far ahead, but it's getting progressively more difficult.

I know this is going to be a cheesy reference, but it's the best comparison I can think of for describing how I'm feeling as a Sharks fan. You know the part in the movie The Matrix where Neo finally decides he's not going to run from that agent in the train station like they always tell him to? He decides to fight the unbeatable agent. One of the guys in the ship says, "what's he doing?!?" Morpheus says quite simply, "He's beginning to believe." Well that's me.

I'm beginning to believe."

Are you ready? No, Detroit, I said ARE YOU READY?

Then, for the thousands in attendance, and the millions watching at home: Let's get ready to suck it!

And if you're not down with that, we got two words for yah: SUCK IT!

5-0 Wings Datsyuk, Franzen, Zetterberg, Ritola and Howie(EN)

Edited by Norwegian Wing

Forgive me for cross posting my own post, but I feel that it's appropriate for discussion in this thread. Basically about how I as a Shark fan feel coming into this game...a game in a situation that pretty much no one expected to happen.

"Confident and optimistic, but yet still vary wary. Let's look back to two years ago.

The Sharks took 7 games to eliminate the Flames in the first round. (Similar to how it took 7 games for the wings to knock off the yotes this year)

They then fell behind 3 games to none in their 2nd round matchup against the dallas stars. (seeing any parallels yet?)

In that series, the Sharks broke through and got one win. They then had a 2 goal comeback in the 3rd period and won game 5 in overtime. Now the series was 3-2. Game 6 was in Dallas. It went to triple overtime. (maybe it was 4 overtimes...it's a painful memory I've tried unsuccessfully to block out.) Dallas scored on a powerplay to win it and eliminate the Sharks.

If one bounce is different in that triple OT game, the Sharks tie the series up at 3 and head home for a game 7 with all the momentum and belief in the world. Had the Sharks pulled out that game 6, I have zero doubt in my mind that they were going to take game 7.

It can happen. It all starts with one win. Many of these Sharks were on that team. They know that the red wings are a better team now than the Sharks team of 2 years ago. The Sharks will play desperate hockey as well to close this out ASAP. This is a different squad. A more mature and experienced squad. A calm and confident one. They are playing hockey in a way that I've never seen before in my 19 years of watching them. This is why such a big part of me wants to just start going crazy, spewing thoughts of how much this is the year. Why I want to run around my neighborhood screaming after every win. Why I want to take my rally towels and playoff pompoms when I go down to the grocery store for milk. Why every time I see another car on the road with a Sharks license plate frame or logo on it I honk and pump my fist in the air, even if they can't figure out why.

It's that other part of me that holds me back. The part that has swallowed bitter bitter disappointment the past 6 years. The part that has had those expectations lifted every single season, only to be smashed into thousands of pieces and shoved up my you know what. With each win, this part gets pushed further away, letting the first part creep a little closer into my consciousness. One more might take it over the top. I try not to let my mind look too far ahead, but it's getting progressively more difficult.

I know this is going to be a cheesy reference, but it's the best comparison I can think of for describing how I'm feeling as a Sharks fan. You know the part in the movie The Matrix where Neo finally decides he's not going to run from that agent in the train station like they always tell him to? He decides to fight the unbeatable agent. One of the guys in the ship says, "what's he doing?!?" Morpheus says quite simply, "He's beginning to believe." Well that's me.

I'm beginning to believe."

Great post. Thanks for sharing that. That gives us a little hope of making this a series. I really believe that if the Sharks swept tonight, it would end up hurting them in the long-run since the CHI-VAN series looks to be going the distance. I wouldn't want all those days off after being so hot. LETS GO WINGS

Then, for the thousands in attendance, and the millions watching at home: Let's get ready to suck it!

Well played, sir. Though I'm curious how the EN happens ... Sharks pull the goalie down 4-0? Wings add two more after the EN?

No matter how it happens, I'll take it.

This may have already been stated but once again Pittsburgh gets the whole game televised and I'll get to see the Wings in HD for all of about 10 mins of the third period. This could be the last game for Lidstrom and I'll have to watch on a small fuzzy stream on the internet, though I'm thankful for the technology it's not the same as watching in HD. This love of Pittsburgh is killing me. :ranting:

Scratch that! We made it 5! and have won 4 Still more than one of the most overrated franchises in sports history

Overrated? The Sharks aren't even overrated in the Bay Area.

I'm not gonna get into a woofing contest here. I'll just let the action on the ice talk for this game and the series.

The EN happens after Setoguchi's dives finally cost them and his ****** deflects the puck in the net in a last desperation for a 6 on 3

I'll admit I chuckled a bit reading that. :)

Love the reference dude, LETS GO WINGS!!!