• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 4 GDT: Sharks 1 at Red Wings 7

Rate this topic

I really thought the Wings would do well in SJ because of how convincingly they won in SJ during the regular season. I know it's a different atmosphere but I still felt that way. Ah well. I hate it when the opposite of what happens in the regular season is what happens in the playoffs.

I don't think they did play that poorly in the Shark Tank, but it was just Murphy's Law out there. Blown calls and Nick's ******* traitor stick and all of the sudden the losses start mounting. It's very obnoxious to me because I feel like they should be in a much better spot than they are, but oh well, what's done is done.

"The one thing about tonight, they finally took more penalties than we did," said Babcock. "Going into tonight, we were 22 times short-handed and they had 11. But they got their 5-on-3 again tonight, so they've got the market cornered on that."

I just found this gem of a quote from Babcock on ESPN. :lol:

Overrated? The Sharks aren't even overrated in the Bay Area.

I'm not gonna get into a woofing contest here. I'll just let the action on the ice talk for this game and the series.

You were saying?

I don't think they did play that poorly in the Shark Tank, but it was just Murphy's Law out there. Blown calls and Nick's ******* traitor stick and all of the sudden the losses start mounting. It's very obnoxious to me because I feel like they should be in a much better spot than they are, but oh well, what's done is done.

Yeah, that particular instance stuck out to me too. Over the years watching sticks break at key moments like that makes me hate players using composites.

If they win Game 5 I'm going to be excited as s***. It'll definitely make this into a series again. Lopsided still, but winnable.

Guest mindfly

LOL 33page GDT I guess I wasn't the only one who wasn't watching this live... :hehe:

Sad to watch Stuart go down, Ericsson picked his minutes up very well almost looked like 08/89 Ericsson there..

Funny to watch the penalty box with 4 sharks sitting there, I hope that detroit didnt get all the powerplays in this game but will continue to get some on saturday too.

Did Cleary play this game? I never saw him.... :unsure:

Edited by mindfly

Man what a night last night. We rolled back into Kalamazoo around 1 AM. Last night was probably the most fun I've had at JLA (and that includes watching the Wings shut out the Pens in 2008). To say the joint was rocking was an understatement. I've never felt the upper bowl floor shake that much before. It was LOUD, LOUD, LOUD in there. Given the 0-3 nature of the series I thought the crowd would be "light"... man was I wrong! It was shoulder to shoulder most of the time out in the concourse during intermissions.

Man what a night last night. We rolled back into Kalamazoo around 1 AM. Last night was probably the most fun I've had at JLA (and that includes watching the Wings shut out the Pens in 2008). To say the joint was rocking was an understatement. I've never felt the upper bowl floor shake that much before. It was LOUD, LOUD, LOUD in there. Given the 0-3 nature of the series I thought the crowd would be "light"... man was I wrong! It was shoulder to shoulder most of the time out in the concourse during intermissions.

sounds so epic man. cant imagine what happened after franzen sealed that hat-trick

hope i can see a wings game at JLA one day

Anyone know why Draper was kicked out of the game? I couldn't see anything on the TV, and they never showed a replay of events on FSD.

EDIT: And Franzen is now tied with Crosby for playoff points lead, but has one more goal. Yeaaaaaah!

Edited by VM1138

Wow. I'm embarrassed as all hell about how my team played last night, and I was at game. They sucked. Not to proud of what Thornton did either. While I hate Holmstrom, thats not really acceptable.

But another thing that really bothered me was the way some fans acted at the Joe last nite. From an original six team franchise, I would have expected a bit more class. Bulls*** chants on clear penalties? Gimme a break. You guys have seriously been bitching about the officials all series. Get a clue, the games have been called fair. Watch the replays and check yourself before you go and be an ******* and call out the refs on legitimate calls.

I'm sure I'm mostly referring to the "fans" who aren't even on this board, and I know the Sharks have had their fair share of calls and non-calls too.

Heres to a good rest of the series.

Guest mindfly

Anyone know why Draper was kicked out of the game? I couldn't see anything on the TV, and they never showed a replay of events on FSD.

EDIT: And Franzen is now tied with Crosby for playoff points lead, but has one more goal. Yeaaaaaah!

He and Clowe(?) were probably saying something to eachother that doesn't belong in a hockey game...10min misconduct both of them.

Bulls*** chants on clear penalties? Gimme a break. You guys have seriously been bitching about the officials all series. Get a clue, the games have been called fair.

I think your fandom is blinding you. Even non-interested national writers and analysts said the games have been called terribly in favor of the Sharks. Game 1 and 2 especially. Things have been better for 3 and 4, but still Wings fans are cynical because it seems like the refs are always out to get them. Take, for example, disallowing a perfectly good goal in Game 3 and then immediately trying to review the second goal even though it was just a normal, legal goal obviously.

THe reffing has been terrible. Even last night, things evened out, but the only reason the Sharks got penalties was because they lost their cool and violently lashed out repeatedly, and the game was already out of hand.

I'll eat crow if the refs call a game fairly this series when it's 3-2 or 4-3 going into the 3rd.

So maybe they were chanting bulls*** for things that weren't necessarily bad calls, but it's what we're used to, getting hosed. It's cynicism and it's frustration that the refs have been so utterly terrible by everyone's standards except Shark fans.

Wow. I'm embarrassed as all hell about how my team played last night, and I was at game. They sucked. Not to proud of what Thornton did either. While I hate Holmstrom, thats not really acceptable.

But another thing that really bothered me was the way some fans acted at the Joe last nite. From an original six team franchise, I would have expected a bit more class. Bulls*** chants on clear penalties? Gimme a break. You guys have seriously been bitching about the officials all series. Get a clue, the games have been called fair. Watch the replays and check yourself before you go and be an ******* and call out the refs on legitimate calls.

I'm sure I'm mostly referring to the "fans" who aren't even on this board, and I know the Sharks have had their fair share of calls and non-calls too.

Heres to a good rest of the series.

You must not understand hockey very well if you think that the officiating has been anything other than abysmal this entire series. The officials have no business taking over the game with pathetic ticky-tack penalties that clearly affect the game's outcome. And yes, Detroit has been the victim of getting the short end of the stick in that area this series. Even the television commentators are noticing this, and they're usually not very fond of the Wings. You'll also find that most level-headed fans on this board have acknowledged that Detroit has gotten a few powerplays as a result of junk penalties as well.

By the way, why isn't the "5" up on the board?

Wow, what a disaster for the Sharks. Sorry I missed it unsure.gif but the wife made dinner plans for us on hockey night. (not quite grounds for divorce, but still...................................cool.gif One win in the bank (and a convincing one) but it's still 3-1 and our boys are coming home. I'm glad that the Wings fans got to see a win at home. Hopefully, that will be the last one. Much like most Shark fans doubt is starting to creep in WAY DOWN INSIDE where most people won't admit it's there. Game Five (and handshakes) on Saturday? What do you guys say? cool.gif

I'm really proud of how our team played last night. But they're still in a bad situation and face a very difficult game at the Tank on Saturday to get this thing back home. Things don't look so dark today but there's still a long way to go.

In 1997, the Wings beat the Avs 6-0 in game 4. They lost the next game 6-0. They came back and won the series in six games, but they don't get that chance if they screw the pooch on Saturday.

They trot out the clichés at times like this because they're true. One game at a time. Before yesterday's game, Babcock told the team one period at the time. They've won three. They've still got at least nine to go.

I'm reminded of a Tragically Hip song. "An inch an hour, two feet a day."

Go Wings.

I was at the game last night and it was unreal! I went in there with no expectations, win or lose I was watching my team and I was just excited to be there. Franzen was on fire, and it was fantastic seeing 60 mins of hockey. By the end of the game my throat was so horse and I was exhausted haha. We ended up hanging around Joe Louis awhile hoping to maybe get an autograph and I ended up meeting someone else that frequents these boards but unfortantley didn't get a name. Anyways great night and I'm excitied for Saturday. Regardess of what happens in these series I'm so happy that I got go to this game and see in my own eyes how fantastic our team really is/really can be

If we lose Game 5, no one will give a damn what we did in Game 4. It's a long row to hoe, I hope the Wings know that.

Well, I think it shows that they're a proud hockey team not to get swept on home ice. But yes, I think the Wings know it's a long row to hoe.

All bets are off now especially if Nabokov is the least bit rattled. He hasnt been this bad since he played Canada in the Olympics

Don't count on it. Traditionally Nabber follows up a bad game with a stellar game. It's going to take more that fluke skate deflections and fat rebounds landing perfectly in your lap to beat him next game. Sooner or later the bounces are going to start going the Sharks way. The Wings have scored four goals off Sharks d-men's skates and two off their own guys skates.