• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 4 GDT: Sharks 1 at Red Wings 7

Rate this topic

Don't count on it. Traditionally Nabber follows up a bad game with a stellar game. It's going to take more that fluke skate deflections and fat rebounds landing perfectly in your lap to beat him next game. Sooner or later the bounces are going to start going the Sharks way. The Wings have scored four goals off Sharks d-men's skates and two off their own guys skates.

:blink:

Don't count on it. Traditionally Nabber follows up a bad game with a stellar game. It's going to take more that fluke skate deflections and fat rebounds landing perfectly in your lap to beat him next game. Sooner or later the bounces are going to start going the Sharks way. The Wings have scored four goals off Sharks d-men's skates and two off their own guys skates.

I fully expect game 5 to be a very tight affair. The Sharks will be cautious yet eager to not only prove themselves after a blowout but also prove they can close against one of the best teams in the league. And the Wings, naturally, obviously, will be motivated to not die right there on Saturday.

As for the skate business, that's how goals are scored in the NHL these days. Every team, with out exception, has scored at least 25% of their goals off fluky stuff, so getting goals like that is just how it is.

As for bounces, sooner or later? The Sharks had all the bounces in games 1 and 2. The bounces have already gone their way, its not like the Sharks have been lacking in luck in this series. In the end, all that matters with bounces, is whom the Hockey Gods are smiling upon on any given night. If they shine on the Sharks in game 5 then we loose, shake hands and go golfing. No more no less.

Well, I think it shows that they're a proud hockey team not to get swept on home ice. But yes, I think the Wings know it's a long row to hoe.

I didn't think we'd get swept. We're too good to get swept, regardless of how we've been playing in the series thus far. I guess what I meant was, while last night's game was absolutely fun to watch -- our job isn't done. If we're really going to climb out of this hole, we need to keep it up.

If we lose Game 5, no one will give a damn what we did in Game 4. It's a long row to hoe, I hope the Wings know that.

I don't know, I think I'll remember last night for as long as I live. I mean, you're right that it'll all be for naught if we lose the next one, but that was the kind of thing that makes me love Red Wings hockey. Even when they're down, they still keep kicking and let everybody know that they're still alive and dangerous like they always are, even in a year like this one.

And since I haven't been on the Internet since the game ended, I'd just like to take a moment to freak out here: HELL YEAH FRANZEN!!!! AAAAHHHH!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! Well, yes I can, but HOLY MOLY!!! CURLY FRIES PLUS, Y'ALL!!!

I didn't think we'd get swept. We're too good to get swept, regardless of how we've been playing in the series thus far. I guess what I meant was, while last night's game was absolutely fun to watch -- our job isn't done. If we're really going to climb out of this hole, we need to keep it up.

(edit: oops, too slow, didn't see this post yet) Agreed - as much as I think the players need to take it one game at a time, I myself can think about the fact that Game 4 isn't going to do us any good (other than lessen our hurt pride) if we don't win 5, 6, and 7.

Edited by MulesWillFly93

I have to agree, that kind of an individual performance comes around once in a lifetime. If somehow the Wings come back and win this series, that game will be an “instant classic” for years to come. What amuses me is just yesterday there was an article about how Franzen has been “struggling” to recover from his knee surgery. Man, I wish Thornton and Marleau “struggle” like that Saturday. yowza.gif

Guest Lidstromboli

How about the rediculously well placed wrist shot

or that beautiful one-timer

Franzen just scored again, Boyle just scored on his own team, Thornton whined and acted as "Crosby" as possible about getting outplayed, and the choke could be in place...

Can't believe Sharks fans actually have come on here to post how "mature" their team has been. HAHAHA just takes a Mule domination game to flip that whole deal.

As for bounces, sooner or later? The Sharks had all the bounces in games 1 and 2. The bounces have already gone their way, its not like the Sharks have been lacking in luck in this series.

Really? How many goals have the Sharks scored where the last thing the puck hit before going in the net was a Detroit players skate or stick? (other than the goalie) Can you give me an example of a goal where the Sharks got a “lucky” bounce? It’s happened four times for the Wings so far…………They've fluked in more than their share of "passes" that turned in to goals. Of course, the same thing happened three or four times in the Avalanche series to the Sharks too. They probably lead the league in fluke goals against. mad.gif

As for bounces, sooner or later? The Sharks had all the bounces in games 1 and 2. The bounces have already gone their way, its not like the Sharks have been lacking in luck in this series.

They've fluked in more than their share of "passes" that turned in to goals.

It's obviously not a fluke if it occurs more than once

Really? How many goals have the Sharks scored where the last thing the puck hit before going in the net was a Detroit players skate or stick? (other than the goalie) Can you give me an example of a goal where the Sharks got a "lucky" bounce? It's happened four times for the Wings so far…………They've fluked in more than their share of "passes" that turned in to goals. Of course, the same thing happened three or four times in the Avalanche series to the Sharks too. They probably lead the league in fluke goals against. mad.gif

I can't think of two bigger lucky breaks/fluky goals than Lidstrom's stick snapping to produce the GWG in game 2 or Couture's freak shot from the corner to tie game 3. At least one or two others have gone in off our defence as well. You could consider 3 5-on-3 goals in a single playoff series a pretty good break too. So it goes both ways. But go on thinking that all the Sharks goals are 'good' and most of the Wings are 'fluky' if you like.

Edited by Third Man In

Yeah, a "fluke" is not something that just continually happens. Lets spare the whole thread the sake of calling everything a fluke aside from the officiating. What is done is done, Wings could easily be tied 2-2 or even up 3-1 but they aren't. The zebras can't be our excuse we must rise above that and continue playing that Wings hockey we saw last night. Puck control, winning face offs, and letting the opposition turn into a bunch of frustrated cry babies because they are getting outplayed.

"Nabby's a sieve"

What the hell is douchebag Joe even talking about? He has the nerve to say the Wings are diving?

"I thought they were diving around pretty good there at the end," said Thornton, who got a 10-minute misconduct. "I don't know why I got a 10-minute. Holmer kind of ran into me. I'm just a bigger guy, that's all."

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/05/red_wings_shrug_off_the_sharks.html

Guest Lidstromboli

Holmer? Lets have a 10 page argument about the spelling again!

I hope Joe thinks we dive some more next game too! Seemed to have caused him to look like the idiot pansy that he really is! Wouldn't it be awesome if he was focused as much as he was yesterday, tomorrow?! ;)

One of the better games I've been to! (nothing has come close to game 7 last year against the ducks) but not bad at all!

This team is scary when it looks like they know what they are doing, KEEP IT GOIN' WINGS! :yowza:

Guest scottj

What the hell is douchebag Joe even talking about? He has the nerve to say the Wings are diving?

I now officially hate Joe Thornton... actually it all started when he went after Lids

KILL HIM!

<<But the Sharks played down the idea that they were trying to send a message, preferring to look at it as continuing to play the hard-hitting style they have in both this series and the first-round match against the Colorado Avalanche. The hope is to wear down opponents over the long run.

>>

Damn. Marty was right. They DO want to be the Ducks. :ph34r:

I now officially hate Joe Thornton... actually it all started when he went after Lids

KILL HIM!

Yeah, seriously, what was with the Sharks going after Lidstrom? He's the guy everyone in the league knows and respects and that they DON'T go after because he doesn't even hit let alone fight. Scuzzy move.

God, I hope the Wings can win tomorrow night. One game at a time. I don't care how they win, I just want them to win. Work hard, play well and carry a little luck.

The Sharks are an very, very, very good team and they're going to be looking for revenge on home ice. I hope the Wings are ready. I know they probably can't maintain such a high level, so I don't expect another 7-1 win. Just keep it close or score early and don't give up the lead, please!

I don't even know what to think about tomorrow. Their win gave me hope, but part of me still knows this series is a serious uphill battle, but I daresay I have enough hope to "believe" without getting too cocky. San Jose is very, very dangerous.

Guest scottj

Yeah, seriously, what was with the Sharks going after Lidstrom?

bunch of ******* punks who don't know how to lose

<<But the Sharks played down the idea that they were trying to send a message, preferring to look at it as continuing to play the hard-hitting style they have in both this series and the first-round match against the Colorado Avalanche. The hope is to wear down opponents over the long run.

>>

Damn. Marty was right. They DO want to be the Ducks. :ph34r:

That article was ridiculous. And I hope your not serious about this comment. I don't see any Shark guys head hunting or trying to injure anyone. Perry tried to do that to nabokov, Perry tried to do that to vlasic. And pronger just head hunts everyone, Ryan is getting the idea head hunting is good. Comparing the Sharks to the ducks is ridiculous, their physical play is WAYYYYY DIFFRENT. And no Thornton, pulling on LIdstrom's jersey is not dirty. If you were down 5-0, you would have done the same thing. Any team would have done that.

And I like how all the articles came on the Sharks when they lost. :lol:

Yeah, a "fluke" is not something that just continually happens. Lets spare the whole thread the sake of calling everything a fluke aside from the officiating. What is done is done, Wings could easily be tied 2-2 or even up 3-1 but they aren't. The zebras can't be our excuse we must rise above that and continue playing that Wings hockey we saw last night. Puck control, winning face offs, and letting the opposition turn into a bunch of frustrated cry babies because they are getting outplayed.

"Nabby's a sieve"

You might have outplayed us in game 4, but the Sharks were playing like the Worchestor Sharks, i'm sure the Worchestor sharks could have made a better result than that.

That article was ridiculous. And I hope your not serious about this comment. I don't see any Shark guys head hunting or trying to injure anyone. Perry tried to do that to nabokov, Perry tried to do that to vlasic. And pronger just head hunts everyone, Ryan is getting the idea head hunting is good. Comparing the Sharks to the ducks is ridiculous, their physical play is WAYYYYY DIFFRENT. And no Thornton, pulling on LIdstrom's jersey is not dirty. If you were down 5-0, you would have done the same thing. Any team would have done that.

And I like how all the articles came on the Sharks when they lost. :lol:

You might have outplayed us in game 4, but the Sharks were playing like the Worchestor Sharks, i'm sure the Worchestor sharks could have made a better result than that.

4588643779_3aeeec5af5_o.jpg (thank you Drake Marcus for this)

On your first point..... Not trying to Injure anyone??? Hmmmm

LETS GO TO THE VIDEO TAPE!!! shall we??????

In This little video I have put together, I would like to point out you are in fact WRONG!!!!

Notice 3 key areas...

1) The Face-off "attempt" by Thornton vs. Zetterberg... Never puts his stick on the ice 1st (which the visiting team has to do) and Hits Zetterberg in the upper leg...(I slowed it down so you could see it better... Face-offs are on the ICE not the Upper Leg.

2) Instead of going after the puck he skates away (with his back to the play) to go after our Captain Nick Lidstrom, keeping him on the boards and even giving him a shot with his stick... But the fact is HE went After Nick and targeted him.....

3) the obvious attack on Holmstrom.... Looks like Homer was really ready for the hit AFTER the whistle....

2nd point on your post....

ANY TEAM would of done that!!!... No sir Not us.... If you read the boards here enough you will see that the biggest complaint is that we don't goon up enough... Our guys wont be made into avatars saying "Your ******* Dead"

Good Day!

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

ANY TEAM would of done that!!!... No sir Not us.... If you read the boards here enough you will see that the biggest complaint is that we don't goon up enough... Our guys wont be made into avatars saying "Your ******* Dead"

Good Day!

Joe Thornton slashed at Zetterberg's leg on the faceoff. He gave a dirty hit to Nick for no reason other than he's Detroit's best defenseman. He hit Holmstrom after the whistle. Thornton pretty much had no intent on that s*** other than to try and injure some of Detroit's best players.

And the complaint is that we don't have an enforcer to prevent injuries from situations like this (You know, a deterrent that will magically make opposing players say 'I better not do that') not that the Wings don't themselves hit dirty and bash skulls enough, although there is a small contingent that ******* about that.

Thornton should have gotten a game for what he did rather than a 10, but it didn't really matter.

4588643779_3aeeec5af5_o.jpg (thank you Drake Marcus for this)

On your first point..... Not trying to Injure anyone??? Hmmmm

LETS GO TO THE VIDEO TAPE!!! shall we??????

In This little video I have put together, I would like to point out you are in fact WRONG!!!!

Notice 3 key areas...

1) The Face-off "attempt" by Thornton vs. Zetterberg... Never puts his stick on the ice 1st (which the visiting team has to do) and Hits Zetterberg in the upper leg...(I slowed it down so you could see it better... Face-offs are on the ICE not the Upper Leg.

2) Instead of going after the puck he skates away (with his back to the play) to go after our Captain Nick Lidstrom, keeping him on the boards and even giving him a shot with his stick... But the fact is HE went After Nick and targeted him.....

3) the obvious attack on Holmstrom.... Looks like Homer was really ready for the hit AFTER the whistle....

Good Day!

Take off your homer glasses right now. Any team would have done that, the islanders would have done that, the oilers would have done it, the leafs would have done it. And your making that the wings are a God like team. Your REDWINGS WOULD HAVE DONE IT. Obviously your team will never be down 5-0 at the end of the first.

So your saying , we are looking like the ducks? which is laughable. If the Sharks wanted to be the ducks, we could be like the Ducks.

And your avatar comment, its a freaking joke, its a joke of our failures in the playoffs for us, I can't have fun anymore? I didn't know fans can't have fun anymore.

Guest scottj

yeah man... the Red Wings would have done the exact same thing

:rolleyes:

f***in tard

Take off your homer glasses right now. Any team would have done that, the islanders would have done that, the oilers would have done it, the leafs would have done it. And your making that the wings are a God like team. Your REDWINGS WOULD HAVE DONE IT. Obviously your team will never be down 5-0 at the end of the first.

Dude, you should come on these boards when the Wings have the odd game where are down 4-0 by the end of the first. A LOT of people here wishing that they would goon it up. But they don't. For better or for worse, the Wings simply don't do that. They really don't. Trust me. Ask any staunch enforcer supporter on LGW or any Red Wings fan anywhere. I guarantee you that they will say the Wings simply don't do that when they're getting killed.

Guest scottj

no man... he knows what he's talking about. he's been watching the Red Wings all season, so he should know more than us two.