• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 4 GDT: Sharks 1 at Red Wings 7

Rate this topic

Only thing I'm worried about is how convincingly we beat them.

Sometimes that can hurt you for the next game.

Remember how Phoenix embarrassed us at home in game 6? We destroyed them the next game, of course.

I've said that twice in other threads about the Sharks. Remember when I said that if they're going to lose, I want it to be 9-0 or something? I was watching this game, thinking, let it be a shutout, and let them score two or three more goals for a complete annihilation.

I call it the pendulum effect, and it always worries me when it happens to us in reverse. We can get lots of close wins, but whenever we completely humiliate and destroy a team, it invariably comes back with a vengeance to bite us.

Yeah, I honestly think, and I could be wrong, that it might have been better for the Wings if they had won 4-3, just like the first three games, only this time to the Wing's advantage. At least something with a much smaller, more face-saving, margin.

:scared::scared:

Holy s***!

I totally forgot that I wrote that.

What a prophecy. Actually, it was more of a prayer than anything else on my part. :D

I was about to ask you PM me your picks for the next lottery drawing please... :lol:

Just got home from the game. Hope we sounded as loud on tv as it was in the Joe. Building was rocking all game long. Just 1 game I know, but with the same effort and urgency, we can make this happen. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Just got home from the game. Hope we sounded as loud on tv as it was in the Joe. Building was rocking all game long. Just 1 game I know, but with the same effort and urgency, we can make this happen. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

:thumbup:

I can't help but laugh my ass off when a penalty goes against us and "bulls***!Bulls***!" can be clearly heard throughout the Joe.good job :clap:

Great game tonight. No blind optomism here, win Saturday night and the series is over.

Fixed that for you.

No way Sharks hold on if we win Saturday and they face a return to The Joe with memories of tonites beating very fresh when they walk back in. 1 more W!!

I admit, ive been on his ass ALL year, but Bertuzzi played his best game ever as a Wing. I hope either of him or Mule or both of course, keep this good luck another game at least. We NEED that Game #6.

You might have talked about it earlier but i dont want to look through 40 pages so forgive me.

On the heatly and thorton penalties why was it not a 5 on 3. We scored anyways and at that point it was a blowout but i was just wondering what was up.

I got one on my phone, too bad its not wallpaper quality.. I could rewind it and take a picture with my camera, but I'm sure it will be online

please post whatever you have, i will do my best with photoshop to make it as high res as possible!

I can't help but laugh my ass off when a penalty goes against us and "bulls***!Bulls***!" can be clearly heard throughout the Joe.good job :clap:

Yeah the fans were great, but the place that really rocks is Montreal. They were getting the usual Bettman/Penguins ref rape-age and the place was pretty berserk in the 3rd period. I'm not really a Habs fan, but it would be cool to see a playoff game in their barn.

Any word on Stuart? (Sorry if its in the 40 pages.)

Edited by clutchngrab

Fixed that for you.

No way Sharks hold on if we win Saturday and they face a return to The Joe with memories of tonites beating very fresh when they walk back in. 1 more W!!

I admit, ive been on his ass ALL year, but Bertuzzi played his best game ever as a Wing. I hope either of him or Mule or both of course, keep this good luck another game at least. We NEED that Game #6.

Is it just me or was Cleary invisible all game?

Guest Four

I don't know what's better, the fact Franzen got 6 points or the fact Boyle scored on himself AGAIN

Guest Lidstromboli

i cant imagine why cleary isn't putting up big points with offensive studs like helm and draper

i cant imagine why cleary isn't putting up big points with offensive studs like helm and draper

I like cleary and he usually creates some opportunities even if its just for himself. I just literally never noticed him even in corner scrums

Great win.........the kind that will bring the Sharks' best effort of the series in game 5. Still a huge uphill battle, but if somehow the Wings take it Saturday nite, thoughts of their choke history might get back into the Sharks' heads.

THANK YOU. Everyone seems to be talking about how Cleary has been invisible. Fact is, last year in the playoffs Cleary played with Franzen and Zetterberg and had a great run (good enough to earn him an invite to the Team Canada camp). This year, Cleary has played primarily with the grinders: Helm., Draper, Miller, Abs, Eaves, etc. Babs has acknowledged the fact that Clearly is probably the most versatile player on this team. It is surprisingly difficult to find a player who can fit in perfectly with the top-6 and the bottom-6. Bertuzzi is not nearly as capable of playing with the grinders and, as he showed tonight, can still put up points with the big boys. Thus, Cleary is going to continue to play with the bottom-6 for the time being and playing the role of a checking forward seamlessly. If we need him, Cleary can move up to the top-6 and start producing immediately.

He is one of my favourite players and I don't think that he deserves the heat that he's been getting around here and I applaud Lidstromboli for pointing that out.

Cleary has proved that he is as versatile a player as your going to find in this league.

THANK YOU. Everyone seems to be talking about how Cleary has been invisible. Fact is, last year in the playoffs Cleary played with Franzen and Zetterberg and had a great run (good enough to earn him an invite to the Team Canada camp). This year, Cleary has played primarily with the grinders: Helm., Draper, Miller, Abs, Eaves, etc. Babs has acknowledged the fact that Clearly is probably the most versatile player on this team. It is surprisingly difficult to find a player who can fit in perfectly with the top-6 and the bottom-6. Bertuzzi is not nearly as capable of playing with the grinders and, as he showed tonight, can still put up points with the big boys. Thus, Cleary is going to continue to play with the bottom-6 for the time being and playing the role of a checking forward seamlessly. If we need him, Cleary can move up to the top-6 and start producing immediately.

He is one of my favourite players and I don't think that he deserves the heat that he's been getting around here and I applaud Lidstromboli for pointing that out.

Cleary has proved that he is as versatile a player as your going to find in this league.

he is also making a ton of money for a grinder so you better at least get noticed. Im not saying he has to score just make some grind line plays helm abby and miller. They are not scoring but i think they are playing well

Just got back from the game. Had a blast. The Joe was rockin and the crowd had the Wave going around 3 or 4 times in a row in the 3rd. There were some Sharks fans in the smoking area during the 1st intermission and the whole crowd was yelling ASSHOLES and some were mocking that shark thing they do with there arms. All in good fun though.

Impressed by the victory and obviously Franzen. The thing that approaches Greek-tragedy levels is that one bounce here or there in the last few games and this series is tied instead of where it's at now. But no one can do anything about that now, you've just got to keep on rolling.

If they win the next one we could very well have a series on our hands... Fingers crossed.

Impressed by the victory and obviously Franzen. The thing that approaches Greek-tragedy levels is that one bounce here or there in the last few games and this series is tied instead of where it's at now. But no one can do anything about that now, you've just got to keep on rolling.

If they win the next one we could very well have a series on our hands... Fingers crossed.

I really thought the Wings would do well in SJ because of how convincingly they won in SJ during the regular season. I know it's a different atmosphere but I still felt that way. Ah well. I hate it when the opposite of what happens in the regular season is what happens in the playoffs.