• Please log in to reply
701 replies to this topic

#41 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:55 PM

I decided to alter my game-day routine a little in hopes of generating some positive juju. I had a gyro for lunch (always reminds me of Greektown) and for dinner I'm having Swedish meatballs in honor of having an additional Swede in the lineup tonight.

Lets Go Red Wings!
Posted Image
:clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by McAwesome, 06 May 2010 - 02:55 PM.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#42 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

Got to win tonight boys... Obviously... GO WINGS!!!
C'mon Wings let's fly!!!

#43 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

You know, of course Journey is a San Francisco (aka Bay Area like San Jose) band right? Posted Image

Regardless, I think the Wings win tonight and our Sharks wrap it up on Saturday at the "Rockinest Place in the Hockey World" The HP Pavillion.

GO SHARKS!!!!Posted Image

Yeah, it's a San Fransisco band singing about Detroit, and not the bay area. Must mean that we left on impression on them :cool:

GO WINGS :octo: give 'em hell!!!

#44 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:33 PM

Go Wings!
Will have to miss this one, thanks to work.

It starts with 1!

Let it be tonight.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#45 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,601 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:34 PM

From red wings dot nhl dot com :

Tonight's Officials
Referees Chris Lee-28 & Bill McCreary-7 Linesmen Jean Morin-97 & Brian Murphy-93

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#46 sherwood40

sherwood40

Rookie

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

I'm going out on a limb here and saying howard lets in ANOTHER 4 GOALS and we lose.

#47 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

Dear God;

Let the Wings win 4 In a Row and I will go to church every Sunday from now on.. Unless the Wings are playing on that Sunday.

Amen!

From red wings dot nhl dot com :

McCreary? Well at least we know the goal call-back is coming.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#48 Paolino99

Paolino99

Rookie

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:56 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitolaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Mattias Ritola's FIRST GOAL EVER can save our season..........JUST WAIT SOME HOURS........
Posted Image

#49 Paolino99

Paolino99

Rookie

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:56 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitolaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Mattias Ritola's FIRST GOAL EVER can save our season..........JUST WAIT SOME HOURS........
Posted Image

#50 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:57 PM

Just a small-town girl, living in a lonely world. She took the midnight train going a-ny-where.

Just a city boy, born and raised in ...

SOUTH DETROIT!!!!!! LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#51 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,601 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:01 PM

Game Four
This is the 98th Game Four in a playoff series. The Club’s record in the previous 97 games:

45W-52L.

This is the 90th Game Four in a best-of-seven playoff series. The Club’s record in the previous 89 games:

41W-48L.

This is the 28th Game Four in a best-of-seven playoff series with no home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 27 games:

10W-17L.

This is the 36th Game Four in the Conference era. The Club’s record in the previous 35 games:

19W-16L.

Game Four with Series 0-3.
This is the 9th Game Four in a best-of-seven playoff series with the series 0-3. The Club’s record in the previous 8 games:

0W-8L.

This is the 2nd Game Four in a semifinal playoff series with the series 0-3. The Club’s record in the previous game:

0W-1L.

This is the 1st Game Four in a Conference Semifinal series with the series 0-3.

Playoff Games vs. San Jose
This is the 1st Game Three vs. San Jose in a best-of-seven series with the series 0-3.

This is the 1st Game Three vs. San Jose in a best-of-seven semifinal series with the series 0-3.

This is the 1st Game Three vs. San Jose in a Conference Semifinal with the series 0-3.

On This Date
May 6.

This is the 4th playoff game played on this date. The Club’s record in the previous 3 games:

2W-1L.

LGW.

P. S. Make some history!

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#52 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:02 PM

Dear God;

Let the Wings win 4 In a Row and I will go to church every Sunday from now on.. Unless the Wings are playing on that Sunday.

:D

You should have ended that with, "...in which case I'll take that as a sign that you want them to win, and that services will be held at the Joe that day."

#53 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,608 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:03 PM

Gonna have to miss the first half of this one because of work. Hope I come back to see something good.

Me too. :(

Hopefully we'll be up by 5 goals by the time I get back and get the stream going.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#54 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:04 PM

Still have faith in our Wings!! One game and one win at a time fellas!

GO RED WINGS!!
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#55 Third Man In

Third Man In

Ready to rage.

• HoF Booster
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

Let's Go Red Wings!
:clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
:octo: *splat* :octo: *splat*

"When you're a Detroit Red Wing, you don't want to go anywhere." -Kris Draper
Duty Calls

#56 Doomster

Doomster

Sharks magic number - 9

• 14 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:09 PM

Yeah, it's a San Fransisco band singing about Detroit, and not the bay area. Must mean that we left on impression on them :cool:

They're not singing about Detroit. "They took the midnight train going anywhere"? They left Detroit probably to get a job. OK, you're right, they were singing about Detroit. :rolleyes:

Switching from music to sports:

They play Journey in their arena. We play Metallica. Care to guess which team is edgier?

There's blood in the water. Time for the Sharks to chomp on the octopus like that shark did with that swimmer in "Jaws".

Go Sharks!

Edited by Doomster, 06 May 2010 - 04:12 PM.

#57 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:16 PM

Avoid the sweep! Let's go Wings!

Posted Image

#58 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:33 PM

They're not singing about Detroit. "They took the midnight train going anywhere"? They left Detroit probably to get a job. OK, you're right, they were singing about Detroit. Posted Image

Switching from music to sports:

They play Journey in their arena. We play Metallica. Care to guess which team is edgier?

There's blood in the water. Time for the Sharks to chomp on the octopus like that shark did with that swimmer in "Jaws".

Go Sharks!

Yea the music...

We have been to the Finals 6 times in under 20 years.

And your team my good man will more than likely never hoist Lord Stanley

Wings destroy!!!!!

Scratch that! We made it 5! and have won 4 Still more than one of the most overrated franchises in sports history

Edited by HankthaTank, 06 May 2010 - 04:35 PM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#59 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:36 PM

Somebody hit nabokov with an octopus please!

Edit: Did fans even throw more than 1 octopus on game 3? Because they only showed 1 on tv. Last series I saw like 4 thrown at the same time!

Edited by SiLkK19, 06 May 2010 - 04:39 PM.

#60 TheSupafly

TheSupafly

Shark fan extrodinaire

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:39 PM

Forgive me for cross posting my own post, but I feel that it's appropriate for discussion in this thread. Basically about how I as a Shark fan feel coming into this game...a game in a situation that pretty much no one expected to happen.

"Confident and optimistic, but yet still vary wary. Let's look back to two years ago.

The Sharks took 7 games to eliminate the Flames in the first round. (Similar to how it took 7 games for the wings to knock off the yotes this year)

They then fell behind 3 games to none in their 2nd round matchup against the dallas stars. (seeing any parallels yet?)

In that series, the Sharks broke through and got one win. They then had a 2 goal comeback in the 3rd period and won game 5 in overtime. Now the series was 3-2. Game 6 was in Dallas. It went to triple overtime. (maybe it was 4 overtimes...it's a painful memory I've tried unsuccessfully to block out.) Dallas scored on a powerplay to win it and eliminate the Sharks.

If one bounce is different in that triple OT game, the Sharks tie the series up at 3 and head home for a game 7 with all the momentum and belief in the world. Had the Sharks pulled out that game 6, I have zero doubt in my mind that they were going to take game 7.

It can happen. It all starts with one win. Many of these Sharks were on that team. They know that the red wings are a better team now than the Sharks team of 2 years ago. The Sharks will play desperate hockey as well to close this out ASAP. This is a different squad. A more mature and experienced squad. A calm and confident one. They are playing hockey in a way that I've never seen before in my 19 years of watching them. This is why such a big part of me wants to just start going crazy, spewing thoughts of how much this is the year. Why I want to run around my neighborhood screaming after every win. Why I want to take my rally towels and playoff pompoms when I go down to the grocery store for milk. Why every time I see another car on the road with a Sharks license plate frame or logo on it I honk and pump my fist in the air, even if they can't figure out why.

It's that other part of me that holds me back. The part that has swallowed bitter bitter disappointment the past 6 years. The part that has had those expectations lifted every single season, only to be smashed into thousands of pieces and shoved up my you know what. With each win, this part gets pushed further away, letting the first part creep a little closer into my consciousness. One more might take it over the top. I try not to let my mind look too far ahead, but it's getting progressively more difficult.

I know this is going to be a cheesy reference, but it's the best comparison I can think of for describing how I'm feeling as a Sharks fan. You know the part in the movie The Matrix where Neo finally decides he's not going to run from that agent in the train station like they always tell him to? He decides to fight the unbeatable agent. One of the guys in the ship says, "what's he doing?!?" Morpheus says quite simply, "He's beginning to believe." Well that's me.

I'm beginning to believe."