701 replies to this topic

#621 SliderJeff

SliderJeff

LETS GO WINGS!

• PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:53 PM

Hell. Friggin. Yes.

Nice to see Franzen awaken. Ritola looked good. E had a good game. I still wish Jimmy had stopped the Heatley shot that he clearly saw, and there were still too many odd man rushes against. Tighten up the D even more and win the next one in SJ and we have a new ball game, folks. Let's see what happens.

LETS GO WINGS!

#622 Flip-check

Flip-check

kicking ass and taking Cups

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:56 PM

Wait until they win Game 5 & Game 6, then there's a realistic possibility of making history.

Right now we staved off elimination. Nothing more, nothing less. Fantastic, but it's 1 game out of 4.

No, it's definitely excitement.

#623 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:58 PM

I usually try not to get too high or too low after games. I'll admit after falling down 3-0, I thought we'd likely take game 4, and then they would take game 5 at home, just because I didnt think theyd win two at the Joe.

That being said, Game 5 is probably the biggest game of the series for us. We win that, we come back home for a game I think we probably win. And then theres game 7 where anything can happen.

What a game.A great effort all across the board.Franzen and Bertuzzi really clicked.Ritola,Abelkader,and Miller took advantage of the ice time they got,although not much.Ericsson and Lilja played well.Just an overall team effort.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#624 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,297 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:01 PM

This was the case :thumbup:

:scared: :scared:

Holy s***!

I totally forgot that I wrote that.

What a prophecy. Actually, it was more of a prayer than anything else on my part. :D
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#625 TheSupafly

TheSupafly

Shark fan extrodinaire

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:07 PM

Fantastic game by the wings. Where has this been though? Why does the team need their backs against the wall before busting out the big guns? Very reminiscent of the game 7 from the first round. I now have plans Saturday night. Anything is possible from 3-1.

#626 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:08 PM

Only thing I'm worried about is how convincingly we beat them.

Sometimes that can hurt you for the next game.

Remember how Phoenix embarrassed us at home in game 6? We destroyed them the next game, of course.

I've said that twice in other threads about the Sharks. Remember when I said that if they're going to lose, I want it to be 9-0 or something? I was watching this game, thinking, let it be a shutout, and let them score two or three more goals for a complete annihilation.

I call it the pendulum effect, and it always worries me when it happens to us in reverse. We can get lots of close wins, but whenever we completely humiliate and destroy a team, it invariably comes back with a vengeance to bite us.

Yeah, I honestly think, and I could be wrong, that it might have been better for the Wings if they had won 4-3, just like the first three games, only this time to the Wing's advantage. At least something with a much smaller, more face-saving, margin.

#627 Jedi

Jedi

Galmar Stone-Fist. Stormcloak. Wings Fan.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

:scared: :scared:

Holy s***!

I totally forgot that I wrote that.

What a prophecy. Actually, it was more of a prayer than anything else on my part. :D

I was about to ask you PM me your picks for the next lottery drawing please... :lol:

2cwlto0.jpg

#628 oldredbarnman

oldredbarnman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:15 PM

Just got home from the game. Hope we sounded as loud on tv as it was in the Joe. Building was rocking all game long. Just 1 game I know, but with the same effort and urgency, we can make this happen. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

#629 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,388 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:18 PM

Just got home from the game. Hope we sounded as loud on tv as it was in the Joe. Building was rocking all game long. Just 1 game I know, but with the same effort and urgency, we can make this happen. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

:thumbup:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#630 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:23 PM

I can't help but laugh my ass off when a penalty goes against us and "bulls***!Bulls***!" can be clearly heard throughout the Joe.good job :clap:

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#631 sharkfan20

sharkfan20

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:24 PM

Good game guys. You came to play and the Sharks didn't. Actually the worchestor Sharks came to play. :rolleyes:

Should be a good game 5, if the Sharks come to play.
]"Some of the guys have got to become man- Nabokov"

Sharks in 2010?!

#632 motorcitykid

motorcitykid

Red Wings DJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:26 PM

Great game tonight. No blind optomism here, win Saturday night and the series is over.

Fixed that for you.
No way Sharks hold on if we win Saturday and they face a return to The Joe with memories of tonites beating very fresh when they walk back in. 1 more W!!

I admit, ive been on his ass ALL year, but Bertuzzi played his best game ever as a Wing. I hope either of him or Mule or both of course, keep this good luck another game at least. We NEED that Game #6.

#633 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:26 PM

You might have talked about it earlier but i dont want to look through 40 pages so forgive me.

On the heatly and thorton penalties why was it not a 5 on 3. We scored anyways and at that point it was a blowout but i was just wondering what was up.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#634 Nic

Nic

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:27 PM

I got one on my phone, too bad its not wallpaper quality.. I could rewind it and take a picture with my camera, but I'm sure it will be online

please post whatever you have, i will do my best with photoshop to make it as high res as possible!

#635 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:33 PM

I can't help but laugh my ass off when a penalty goes against us and "bulls***!Bulls***!" can be clearly heard throughout the Joe.good job :clap:

Yeah the fans were great, but the place that really rocks is Montreal. They were getting the usual Bettman/Penguins ref rape-age and the place was pretty berserk in the 3rd period. I'm not really a Habs fan, but it would be cool to see a playoff game in their barn.

Any word on Stuart? (Sorry if its in the 40 pages.)

Edited by clutchngrab, 06 May 2010 - 10:34 PM.

Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#636 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:34 PM

Fixed that for you.
No way Sharks hold on if we win Saturday and they face a return to The Joe with memories of tonites beating very fresh when they walk back in. 1 more W!!

I admit, ive been on his ass ALL year, but Bertuzzi played his best game ever as a Wing. I hope either of him or Mule or both of course, keep this good luck another game at least. We NEED that Game #6.

Is it just me or was Cleary invisible all game?

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#637 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:35 PM

Is it just me or was Cleary invisible all game?

WOW good point. I cant remember 1 play that he was involved in. I really dont even remember seeing him

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#638 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:36 PM

I don't know what's better, the fact Franzen got 6 points or the fact Boyle scored on himself AGAIN

O.o

#639 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,388 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:44 PM

I don't know what's better, the fact Franzen got 6 points or the fact Boyle scored on himself AGAIN

It was actually Murray on that one.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#640 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:55 PM

Obvious Mule is obvious!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."