• Please log in to reply
701 replies to this topic

#641 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:01 PM

i cant imagine why cleary isn't putting up big points with offensive studs like helm and draper

Posted Image

#642 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:02 PM

It was actually Murray on that one.

Boyle with the assist

#643 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:05 PM

i cant imagine why cleary isn't putting up big points with offensive studs like helm and draper

I like cleary and he usually creates some opportunities even if its just for himself. I just literally never noticed him even in corner scrums

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#644 soonboomer

soonboomer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:07 PM

Great win.........the kind that will bring the Sharks' best effort of the series in game 5. Still a huge uphill battle, but if somehow the Wings take it Saturday nite, thoughts of their choke history might get back into the Sharks' heads.

#645 DirtyD

DirtyD

One fast move or I'm gone

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:13 PM

THANK YOU. Everyone seems to be talking about how Cleary has been invisible. Fact is, last year in the playoffs Cleary played with Franzen and Zetterberg and had a great run (good enough to earn him an invite to the Team Canada camp). This year, Cleary has played primarily with the grinders: Helm., Draper, Miller, Abs, Eaves, etc. Babs has acknowledged the fact that Clearly is probably the most versatile player on this team. It is surprisingly difficult to find a player who can fit in perfectly with the top-6 and the bottom-6. Bertuzzi is not nearly as capable of playing with the grinders and, as he showed tonight, can still put up points with the big boys. Thus, Cleary is going to continue to play with the bottom-6 for the time being and playing the role of a checking forward seamlessly. If we need him, Cleary can move up to the top-6 and start producing immediately.

He is one of my favourite players and I don't think that he deserves the heat that he's been getting around here and I applaud Lidstromboli for pointing that out.

Cleary has proved that he is as versatile a player as your going to find in this league.

Posted Image

#646 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,284 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:14 PM

Go Wings.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#647 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:17 PM

THANK YOU. Everyone seems to be talking about how Cleary has been invisible. Fact is, last year in the playoffs Cleary played with Franzen and Zetterberg and had a great run (good enough to earn him an invite to the Team Canada camp). This year, Cleary has played primarily with the grinders: Helm., Draper, Miller, Abs, Eaves, etc. Babs has acknowledged the fact that Clearly is probably the most versatile player on this team. It is surprisingly difficult to find a player who can fit in perfectly with the top-6 and the bottom-6. Bertuzzi is not nearly as capable of playing with the grinders and, as he showed tonight, can still put up points with the big boys. Thus, Cleary is going to continue to play with the bottom-6 for the time being and playing the role of a checking forward seamlessly. If we need him, Cleary can move up to the top-6 and start producing immediately.

He is one of my favourite players and I don't think that he deserves the heat that he's been getting around here and I applaud Lidstromboli for pointing that out.

Cleary has proved that he is as versatile a player as your going to find in this league.

he is also making a ton of money for a grinder so you better at least get noticed. Im not saying he has to score just make some grind line plays helm abby and miller. They are not scoring but i think they are playing well

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#648 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:17 PM

Just got back from the game. Had a blast. The Joe was rockin and the crowd had the Wave going around 3 or 4 times in a row in the 3rd. There were some Sharks fans in the smoking area during the 1st intermission and the whole crowd was yelling ASSHOLES and some were mocking that shark thing they do with there arms. All in good fun though.

#649 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:15 AM

Impressed by the victory and obviously Franzen. The thing that approaches Greek-tragedy levels is that one bounce here or there in the last few games and this series is tied instead of where it's at now. But no one can do anything about that now, you've just got to keep on rolling.

If they win the next one we could very well have a series on our hands... Fingers crossed.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#650 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:22 AM

Impressed by the victory and obviously Franzen. The thing that approaches Greek-tragedy levels is that one bounce here or there in the last few games and this series is tied instead of where it's at now. But no one can do anything about that now, you've just got to keep on rolling.

If they win the next one we could very well have a series on our hands... Fingers crossed.

I really thought the Wings would do well in SJ because of how convincingly they won in SJ during the regular season. I know it's a different atmosphere but I still felt that way. Ah well. I hate it when the opposite of what happens in the regular season is what happens in the playoffs.

#651 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:32 AM

I really thought the Wings would do well in SJ because of how convincingly they won in SJ during the regular season. I know it's a different atmosphere but I still felt that way. Ah well. I hate it when the opposite of what happens in the regular season is what happens in the playoffs.

I don't think they did play that poorly in the Shark Tank, but it was just Murphy's Law out there. Blown calls and Nick'sf****** traitor stick and all of the sudden the losses start mounting. It's very obnoxious to me because I feel like they should be in a much better spot than they are, but oh well, what's done is done.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#652 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:49 AM

"The one thing about tonight, they finally took more penalties than we did," said Babcock. "Going into tonight, we were 22 times short-handed and they had 11. But they got their 5-on-3 again tonight, so they've got the market cornered on that."

I just found this gem of a quote from Babcock on ESPN. :lol:

Posted Image

#653 MIN8TV

MIN8TV

Red Wings 11!

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:33 AM

Overrated? The Sharks aren't even overrated in the Bay Area.

I'm not gonna get into a woofing contest here. I'll just let the action on the ice talk for this game and the series.

You were saying?

#654 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:34 AM

God I so want to get excited about tonight's game... But then I remind myself were still down 3-1... :angry: GO WINGS!!!

Edited by Rockitman, 07 May 2010 - 01:34 AM.

C'mon Wings let's fly!!!

#655 begemot40

begemot40

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:04 AM

Crazy game. 

WINGS best team in the world. 

We must win

GO WINGS

#656 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:23 AM

Just finished the game.

Nice to see the Mule has been released. Still a long way to go, but anything is possible against the San Jose Chokes.

Go wings.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#657 Flip-check

Flip-check

kicking ass and taking Cups

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:07 AM

I don't think they did play that poorly in the Shark Tank, but it was just Murphy's Law out there. Blown calls and Nick'sf****** traitor stick and all of the sudden the losses start mounting. It's very obnoxious to me because I feel like they should be in a much better spot than they are, but oh well, what's done is done.

Yeah, that particular instance stuck out to me too. Over the years watching sticks break at key moments like that makes me hate players using composites.

If they win Game 5 I'm going to be excited as s***. It'll definitely make this into a series again. Lopsided still, but winnable.

No, it's definitely excitement.

#658 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:35 AM

LOL 33page GDT I guess I wasn't the only one who wasn't watching this live... :hehe:

Sad to watch Stuart go down, Ericsson picked his minutes up very well almost looked like 08/89 Ericsson there..

Funny to watch the penalty box with 4 sharks sitting there, I hope that detroit didnt get all the powerplays in this game but will continue to get some on saturday too.

Did Cleary play this game? I never saw him.... :unsure:

Edited by mindfly, 07 May 2010 - 05:40 AM.

#659 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:34 AM

It was actually Murray on that one.

Poo

O.o

#660 Gizmo

Gizmo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:51 AM

Man what a night last night. We rolled back into Kalamazoo around 1 AM. Last night was probably the most fun I've had at JLA (and that includes watching the Wings shut out the Pens in 2008). To say the joint was rocking was an understatement. I've never felt the upper bowl floor shake that much before. It was LOUD, LOUD, LOUD in there. Given the 0-3 nature of the series I thought the crowd would be "light"... man was I wrong! It was shoulder to shoulder most of the time out in the concourse during intermissions.
"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... outta da crease... in-a da crease... outta da crease!!!"