• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

chrisdetroit

Marion Hossa

Rate this topic

He looked good for us last year too, but that didn't stop people from bitching just because he didn't score.

He looked good until the SCF and then went AWOL. One or two goals from him and we win that series. Other guys were hurt (Pavel, Nick) so we really needed him to step up. Sorry won't ever forgive him for that.

Chi fans were bitching about him until he scored that GWG in the first series (after he almost blew that game taking a 5 min boarding call = Preds are lame for botching that one). I predict history will repeat itself (thrice) and if they make it to the finals he turns into Casper again....

He looked good until the SCF and then went AWOL. One or two goals from him and we win that series. Other guys were hurt (Pavel, Nick) so we really needed him to step up. Sorry won't ever forgive him for that.

Chi fans were bitching about him until he scored that GWG in the first series (after he almost blew that game taking a 5 min boarding call = Preds are lame for botching that one). I predict history will repeat itself (thrice) and if they make it to the finals he turns into Casper again....

HE WAS INJURED! He had the heart to bear through and give us his all and all you people do is rag on him. We lost the cup but it was hardly his fault. So many others didnt show up but hossa is the only one we hear about

Here we go again rehashing the same argument about him being a choker despite the fact he was injured, but wait he was paid so much. Yeah, 'cause I forgot rubbing dollar bills on a torn rotator cuff really speeds up the healing process and eliminates pain. :rolleyes:

If the Wings get knocked out, I'm rooting for Chicago. I want Hossa to win a Cup, he's a good guy and a great player and he deserves it.

I can't get over how bad he was vs Pitts in the finals. You'd think he would have been the most motivated.For his sake I hope he doesn't receive more heartbreak should it be a Chicago-Pittsburgh final.

I can't get over how bad he was vs Pitts in the finals. You'd think he would have been the most motivated.For his sake I hope he doesn't receive more heartbreak should it be a Chicago-Pittsburgh final.

JESUS CHRIST! are you even reading any of these posts. You must not be because there is no way you can be this stupid.

HE WAS INJURED! He had the heart to bear through and give us his all and all you people do is rag on him. We lost the cup but it was hardly his fault. So many others didnt show up but hossa is the only one we hear about

Hossa was the only one of the under-performers making 7.4 million and had the biggest reason to perform.

His injury didn't stop him from scoring 40 goals but he did not play up to his potential at all in the playoffs. Scoring in THREE GAMES of 20 or so is not what you should get out of a forward of his caliber.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Here we go again rehashing the same argument about him being a choker despite the fact he was injured, but wait he was paid so much. Yeah, 'cause I forgot rubbing dollar bills on a torn rotator cuff really speeds up the healing process and eliminates pain. rolleyes.gif

If the Wings get knocked out, I'm rooting for Chicago. I want Hossa to win a Cup, he's a good guy and a great player and he deserves it.

One sane red wings fan. Pheef i thought there were none left.

I don't recall him being injured. In fact here's what holland said;

Wings general manager Ken Holland said Marian Hossa did not injure his shoulder during the playoffs as indicated in a story in the Chicago Daily Herald. Holland said Hossa had a slightly torn rotator cuff when the Wings signed him on July 2, 2008, but it wasn't anything significant.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2009/07/red_wings_gm_ken_holland_says_1.html

I don't recall him being injured. In fact here's what holland said;

Wings general manager Ken Holland said Marian Hossa did not injure his shoulder during the playoffs as indicated in a story in the Chicago Daily Herald. Holland said Hossa had a slightly torn rotator cuff when the Wings signed him on July 2, 2008, but it wasn't anything significant.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2009/07/red_wings_gm_ken_holland_says_1.html

My understanding was that it wasn't significant enough to warrant surgery upon signing. There's no way it got better over time.

Hossa was the only one of the under-performers making 7.4 million and had the biggest reason to perform.

His injury didn't stop him from scoring 40 goals but he did not play up to his potential at all in the playoffs. Scoring in THREE GAMES of 20 or so is not what you should get out of a forward of his caliber.

Just like wingnut said you cant heal an injury by rubbing money on it.

Who cares what he got paid. He gave it his all and played a pretty big role. Its not like he didnt want to win the cup.

and are you kidding me he wasnt hurt during the season thats why he got to 40. More reason to show that he is a great player that was just going through some injures.

One sane red wings fan. Pheef i thought there were none left.

:) I'm actually wearing my Hossa jersey shirt right now.

The bottom line is we'll never know how bad it hurt, how hard it was to play through, or how hard he tried. But he KNEW he had to work for each win, he KNEW the embarrassment he'd face if he lost, and he KNEW he had one shot.

Knowing that you can bet your life he tried his hardest. I just think it's a joke the same fans cheering him on in his fight against Suter are the same ones booing him at the Joe. You guys complained about how fickle the Pens fans were. Hypocritical much?

Just like wingnut said you cant heal an injury by rubbing money on it.

Funny how I never said that.

I said that he is being paid a certain amount and he needs to earn that amount. He didn't earn it in the playoffs, let alone for another contract in place of one of Detroit's draftees (who has scored more goals in the 2008+2009 playoffs than the last two Conn Smythe winners)

Who cares what he got paid.

Kenny Holland cares.

He gave it his all and played a pretty big role. Its not like he didnt want to win the cup.

"Gave it his all" sounds like something you tell the guys who end up losing in the end. Ergo it is meaningless. His role was to score goals and he didn't do that for the team. He lost it in the playoffs and he hasn't shown a vast improvement with the Hawks. Actually he isn't even outscoring last post-season's Hossa right now (unless he scores 2 goals in game 4).

and are you kidding me he wasnt hurt during the season thats why he got to 40. More reason to show that he is a great player that was just going through some injures.

If he was able to fight through the injuries he should have had more than 6 goals scored in 3/25 games. You can't say "well he is a great player who fought through injuries" when he succeeds then say "oh he is still a great player but he was injured" right after that.

I have nothing against Hossa and hope he wins the cup in his career. But to say he did what it took to win is ridiculous. He isn't the only one who underachieved either.

Yeah not sure why people still make excuses for him. Here was a guy with all the motivation in the world to show up and win himself and the team a Stanley Cup and his excuse was "I was nervous against my old team".

I know he is a good all around player but 6G 9A in 22 games for a top line player isn't worth 7.4mill. And if I recall he had no (or 1?) goals in the finals. Just disappointing all around. s*** Franzen just had 4G and 2a in one game.

Nice enough guy but a big failure for the Wings in the POs. Did other guys not show up in games 6&7? sure but he had the BIGGEST reason to show up and still didn't = no heart

Yeah not sure why people still make excuses for him. Here was a guy with all the motivation in the world to show up and win himself and the team a Stanley Cup and his excuse was "I was nervous against my old team".

I know he is a good all around player but 6G 9A in 22 games for a top line player isn't worth 7.4mill. And if I recall he had no (or 1?) goals in the finals. Just disappointing all around. s*** Franzen just had 4G and 2a in one game.

Nice enough guy but a big failure for the Wings in the POs. Did other guys not show up in games 6&7? sure but he had the BIGGEST reason to show up and still didn't = no heart

This post doenst mean anything because you compared a human to a pure mule.

I don't get why people don't understand that he had a torn rotator cuff that severely impacted his shoulder strength thus directly impacting his ability to shoot. It's not rocket science, are we going to hold every player to the fire due to injuries?

He needed ******* surgery and missed the first couple months of the next season.

It's not hard to realize that his injury impacted his ability in the playoffs.

Just Detroit fans being Detroit fans that want to blame someone that isn't apart of the team anymore to just blame something.

Pittsburgh was the better team last year, deal with it.

I don't get why people don't understand that he had a torn rotator cuff that severely impacted his shoulder strength thus directly impacting his ability to shoot. It's not rocket science, are we going to hold every player to the fire due to injuries?

He needed ******* surgery and missed the first couple months of the next season.

Just Detroit fans being Detroit fans that want to blame someone that isn't apart of the team anymore to just blame something.

This minus the pens being the best

Edited by Hossa4Life

Once again I don't buy the "injury was the reason" excuse. Sure he had an injury. But he was able to score 40 goals in the regular season. And at times was a monster in the playoffs (see game 4 of the first 3 series). The guy just did not get it done, injury or not. And he isn't doing much better on a stacked Chicago team either, injury or not.

I love Hossa to death but he just did not get it done and was not worth getting rid of Franzen or another key piece to the Red Wings machine.

Once again I don't buy the "injury was the reason" excuse. Sure he had an injury. But he was able to score 40 goals in the regular season. And at times was a monster in the playoffs (see game 4 of the first 3 series). The guy just did not get it done, injury or not. And he isn't doing much better on a stacked Chicago team either, injury or not.

I love Hossa to death but he just did not get it done and was not worth getting rid of Franzen or another key piece to the Red Wings machine.

So you don't buy into a torn rotator cuff injury getting worse? What the hell kind of world do you live in Doc?

For the record I think the Wings did the right thing for the team in not signing Hossa over Franzen.

Edited by Carman

So you don't buy into a torn rotator cuff injury getting worse? What the hell kind of world do you live in Doc?

For the record I think the Wings did the right thing for the team in not signing Hossa over Franzen.

yea we are going to trade for him this offseason anyways