• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

chrisdetroit

Marion Hossa

Rate this topic

Hossa was dominating the offensive zone and finishing checks with no lid on last night. It was awesome. The Hossa-Kopecky-Sharp line looked great.

esteef

I really don't get Kopecky on that line - I know they are Czech buddies and all, but is Q really that much of a tool?

Guest Blackhawkdown

Funny how I never said that.

I said that he is being paid a certain amount and he needs to earn that amount. He didn't earn it in the playoffs, let alone for another contract in place of one of Detroit's draftees (who has scored more goals in the 2008+2009 playoffs than the last two Conn Smythe winners)

Kenny Holland cares.

"Gave it his all" sounds like something you tell the guys who end up losing in the end. Ergo it is meaningless. His role was to score goals and he didn't do that for the team. He lost it in the playoffs and he hasn't shown a vast improvement with the Hawks. Actually he isn't even outscoring last post-season's Hossa right now (unless he scores 2 goals in game 4).

If he was able to fight through the injuries he should have had more than 6 goals scored in 3/25 games. You can't say "well he is a great player who fought through injuries" when he succeeds then say "oh he is still a great player but he was injured" right after that.

I have nothing against Hossa and hope he wins the cup in his career. But to say he did what it took to win is ridiculous. He isn't the only one who underachieved either.

I have to quote this whole post, because you are about the biggest dumbass I have seen on this board. Your knowledge of hockey is laughable.

I have to quote this whole post, because you are about the biggest dumbass I have seen on this board. Your knowledge of hockey is laughable.

Nah, I usually always agree with Doc. Just not seeing where he is coming from in this certain issue. No need to call him a dumbass just because you disagree.

Guest Blackhawkdown

Nah, I usually always agree with Doc. Just not seeing where he is coming from in this certain issue. No need to call him a dumbass just because you disagree.

I call him that for other reasons, but I dont want to get into that.

simple fact is he is acting like an injury like Hossa had is no excuse, which is just really stupid to me.

Guest Blackhawkdown

Actually Doc, I want to apologize for calling you that, it was out of line. I was just drunk last night and had a s***ty night, so when I read your post it hit me the wrong way. I still strongly disagree with your opinion on this, but I was out of line. Again, my bad.

So you don't buy into a torn rotator cuff injury getting worse? What the hell kind of world do you live in Doc?

For the record I think the Wings did the right thing for the team in not signing Hossa over Franzen.

So what? His injury is only a factor when he isn't scoring? I never said I didn't buy a torn rotator cuff injury getting worse.

The guy scored 2 goals in three game 4s. When exactly did his injury start to get worse and if so how did he suddenly score in pairs like that? My point is he underacheived, and you can say the injury made that okay, but the point is obvious that he did not play up to his potential.

And since you all seem to be ignoring it what excuse does he have this year for having a sub-par playoff performance? (In fact goal scoring wise he is doing worse this year)

I will reiterate ONCE AGAIN that I loved Hossa on this team and was sad to see him go. But he did not perform to the expectations required of him and if his injury was going to be such a factor he should have had the surgery two years ago when they signed him. Either that or the trainers should be fired.

Hossa wasn't worth the money or what else it would cost Detroit to keep him. Honestly, Hossa is taking the money (I don't blame him) and plays for Cup contender teams. If he doesn't win the Cup, he has a great deal of cash at the least. Of course we all had big expectations of Hossa, especially after his regular season performance. Scoring only in 3 games during the playoffs is not what we wanted from him, especially for the price. That may fly for other teams, but not with us. If i recall correctly, Datsyuk was snake bit on scoring as well. Why would we want another player to compete with him?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I wonder how many people on this board would still be bashing Hossa if we had won the cup, but he had still played the same way.

Hossa was not playing like a 7.4 Mill player last year, but he still was not the reason we lost, nor was he really playing bad. He was one of our most consistent two way players that run, despite being injured, and still was able to put a good amount of points, not as much as we had hoped for obviously, but I find it hard to blame the man for the injury. After the Anaheim series you really could see it was bothering him much more. Those who are questioning his heart and or talent really have either a very biased memory, or have no idea what they are talking about, as Hossa most probably wanted the cup more than any other player on the team last year, and never took a shift off. The reason why we lost to the Pens was moreso the fact that the injuries were reversed that time, with Malkin being 100% unlike 07-08, and Datsyuk and Hossa both being below 75%. Either way, I find it hard to blame the guy, and am actually thankfull for his sacrifice of that ttype of cash to play with the Wing's for a year.

I wonder how many people on this board would still be bashing Hossa if we had won the cup, but he had still played the same way.

Hossa was not playing like a 7.4 Mill player last year, but he still was not the reason we lost, nor was he really playing bad. He was one of our most consistent two way players that run, despite being injured, and still was able to put a good amount of points, not as much as we had hoped for obviously, but I find it hard to blame the man for the injury. After the Anaheim series you really could see it was bothering him much more. Those who are questioning his heart and or talent really have either a very biased memory, or have no idea what they are talking about, as Hossa most probably wanted the cup more than any other player on the team last year, and never took a shift off. The reason why we lost to the Pens was moreso the fact that the injuries were reversed that time, with Malkin being 100% unlike 07-08, and Datsyuk and Hossa both being below 75%. Either way, I find it hard to blame the guy, and am actually thankfull for his sacrifice of that ttype of cash to play with the Wing's for a year.

I haven't seen anyone directly blame Hossa for the loss (unless I missed it). The point that the 'haters', if you will, are trying to make is that he wasn't really a factor in the goal scoring department... which, in the end, wins games. When measuring performance against salary... it was a huge loss for the Wings. Yes, he played a good two-way game, but he didn't score goals. There are lots of two way players that don't score much in the NHL. They are called grinders. Grinders generally run in the price range from League Minimum to 2'ish million a year. Hossa played like a grinder in the playoffs last season, which is fine... just not for 7+.

Still a great player. I wouldn't want him over Franzen.