• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest REDWINGSFTW

.BELIEVE / Have faith, etc.

Rate this topic

Blasphemy!

Given the circumstances, I would give almost anything to hear this song coming through my TV at around 9:50 tonight.

Given the circumstances that the Wings are from Detroit, shouldn't you guys be playing something from Eminem or Kid Rock? Or Madonna?

Edited by Doomster

Given the circumstances that the Wings are from Detroit, shouldn't you guys be playing something from Eminem or Kid Rock? Or Madonna?

If your choices were Eminem, Kid Rock, or Madonna, wouldn't you play anything else? Thought so.

If your choices were Eminem, Kid Rock, or Madonna, wouldn't you play anything else? Thought so.

Boosh. Also, Madonna isn't from Detroit. Just Michigan. By that logic we could play lots of Bob Seger, but that would actually be rad.

Boosh. Also, Madonna isn't from Detroit. Just Michigan. By that logic we could play lots of Bob Seger, but that would actually be rad.

I'd love to hear some Seger, but other than "Night Moves" (which we couldn't use during day games) I couldn't really think of anything. Plus I was trying to think of something that had the pithy positivity of "Don't Stop Believing".

Plain and simple.... If you still believe in this team... And that no series is over until you win 4... Let it be known..

No X number of posts for a win... No dooms day talk... Just faith we can get a W in game 4 to start the comeback...

Please do not post if you already think it's over or that we can't win game 4... Or the series... NO NEGATIVITY please!!!

Go Wings!!!

I BELIEVE!!!

Who else is with me...

The Wings are down 3-0 in the series to the top team in the West and now the only way out is to essentially sweep the Sharks. But I'm not nervous about this task at all. In all three games I thought the Wings played sub-par and in all three games I thought the Sharks had some lucky breaks they were smart enough to capitalize on. In addition, whether you want to blame the refs, lazy play, or a combination of the two, the Wings have 24 penalties to San Jose's 14. Oddly enough the Wings have lost each game by a single goal, and in two of the three games the Wings carried a lead into the third period. That doesn't exactly scream 'being dominated' to me.

Incidentally, out of all instances in history that I'm aware of when a team has fallen down 0-3, I feel this team has one of, if not the best opportunity to pull off an upset. Will they do it? Beats the hell out of me, but if they play like they are capable of playing, from Datsyuk down to Howard, for 60 minutes, I don't see anything that the Sharks possess that can stop them.

Yeah this position sucks balls, but I'm not nervous about it. Actually I'm kind of excited. I suppose this is what happens when the Wings face elimination in four out of their past five series.

I'm not nervous either, but that's a bad thing because I want to be nervous at this time of year. It just means that I don't expect us to win the series.

I just hope we can win tonight so I can watch another Wings game this year, especially since I'll miss half the game.

my expectations are pretty low right now so i'm not nervous at all. If they win the next two I'll start to get excited. Coming back to win this thing would be a great send-off for Lids if he's going to retire.

I'm of two minds.

The first me thinks that we'll win a game or two, but with the Sharks just a win away, the series will be theirs before long. The defense (or lack thereof), the fickle reffing, the injuries...it's just too much.

The other me is the rabid Wingnut fangirl who watched the 1997 Cup win from her daddy's lap and screamed her heart out for Federov, Yzerman, Shanny and McCarty. The one who says, "Screw the stats, screw the odds, the Wings are the best team in the history of hockey!" I've been feeling a little more like her lately.

Go big or go home, right?

Simply put, theres nothing to lose. I was nervous and anxious before these games. Now today I'm totally chill, completely at ease. I have faith and will cheer my heart out, but I think the fact that we have no pressure and no expectations we will play how we are supposed to. I never liked how people were claiming us to be favorites in the west. Now they can just go out and play...nothing held back.