• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest REDWINGSFTW

.BELIEVE / Have faith, etc.

Rate this topic

Game 5 will be the toughest to win.

Can the Wings win in the Shark Tank? If they get a solid game from everyone, don't let 3 goals in during 90 seconds of the first period, or sit back, take a million penalties, and blow a 2 goal lead in the third.

I am confident that the Wings realize how much is at stake in game 5, and will play accordingly. You can bet that those Sharkies will be bundles of nerves on the plane, heading back to the Joe for game 6.

3-0 might be an impossible stretch to overcome, but its now 3-1, and the Habs did that in the last round against an even scarier foe.

That's the best way to look at it, I think. One game at a time, but a 3-1 comeback is more common than a 3-0, so that's a good (better) sign!

Record by period since Game 1:

Not sure if anyone has already done this analysis but I found it somewhat interesting given the Wings need to take things period-by-period but here goes:

1 2 3 OT Overall result

Game 1 L W L Loss

Game 2 T W L Loss

Game 3 W W L L Loss

Game 4 W T W Win

Game 5 ? ? ? ? ?

So in the first 4 games, on a period-by-period basis the Wings are 6W 3T 4L and more importantly 4W 1T 2L in the last 2 games. None of this changes the fact that they are down 3 games to 1 in the series but may indicate that the tide is starting to turn in their favor. My approach when the Wings have been down in a series is to pull for either a W or a T in each period they play. In 2002, when they were down 3-2 in the series to the Avs and they were being written off, they went ahead and posted a 4W 2T 0L in the next 6 periods of hockey (if you recall Games 6 and 7 ended 2-0 and 7-0).

I think they have this mindset right now and let's see if they can start with winning tonight's first period and building on that success. A 'Statue of Liberty' type goal like Game 6 in 2002 would serve as a good omen.

I am going to say this... I really think we will win game 5. It will be a tight game and may go to OT or we could win it in the 3rd. As a result, this series becomes quite the tossup. Thinking about a game 6 at the Joe makes me pee myself a little. :hehe: I hope they can put in a solid 60 minutes tonight and if they happen to get beat by the Sharks fair, with no BS by the refs or really unlucky bounces, I won't be too mad or disappointed.

They can because they think they can.

~Virgil~

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.

~Thomas Jefferson~

Edited by KLMc828