• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:38 PM

TSN's Darren Dreger reported earlier today that Jerry Reinsdorf's bid for the Coyotes was hanging on by a thread, and now ESPN's Scott Burnside is reporting that Reinsdorf has pulled his bid to buy the team.

City of Glendale now has to work out a deal with Ice Edge (who are apparently lukewarm on the idea at best after being rejected) or else it appears the team is off to Winnipeg for next season.

#2 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:00 PM

Well the coyotes couldnt win even 1 rigged playoff round so who would want themPosted Image

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#3 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,587 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:21 PM

F**k Phoenix!

Off to the 'Peg baby :thumbup:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#4 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:48 PM

Link

The sale of the Phoenix Coyotes to Jerry Reinsdorf is in jeopardy.

Sources tell TSN the city of Glendale has asked Ice Edge Holdings to return to the bargaining table as a back up plan to buy the Coyotes, in the event the deal with Reinsdorf falls through.

Sources say Glendale reached out to Ice Edge late last week amid growing concern Reinsdorf's accepted bid to purchase the Coyotes from the National Hockey League is at risk of falling apart.

At this point Ice Edge and city officials have had nothing more than initial discussions, which are expected to continue on Friday, and there is no guarantee Ice Edge will be willing to fully engage in a negotiation to buy the Coyotes, however at this stage, it's believed the Ice Edge group is willing to listen.

Last month, the city of Glendale voted unanimously (6-0) in favor of Jerry Reinsdorf's proposal and voted 5-1 against a bid submitted by Ice Edge Holdings.

Recently, Ice Edge representatives also met with NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and deputy commissioner Bill Daly to review the Phoenix sales process and to also reiterate their continued interest in buying an NHL franchise.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#5 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:01 AM

Well the coyotes couldnt win even 1 rigged playoff round so who would want themPosted Image

i'd take the coyotes out of phoenix and bring back the mighty blue, white and red of the fabled jets. come home boys. of course i'd want to trade a few guys, but cant be too picky right now...

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#6 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:13 AM

I think it's time to end this fiasco and get the team back where it belongs.

Winnipeg.

#7 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:36 AM

Winnipeg.

I'd rather see Phoenix stay in place and Atlanta move to the Peg, then the Wings could finally come home to the east.

Then we move Florida or Nashville or something to Seattle or Portland or Las Vegas and move Chicago to the east, too.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#8 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:43 AM

I'd rather see Phoenix stay in place and Atlanta move to the Peg, then the Wings could finally come home to the east.

Then we move Florida or Nashville or something to Seattle or Portland or Las Vegas and move Chicago to the east, too.

Yeah, but there's something fitting about having the Jets back where they started.

#9 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:48 AM

Then you get divisions like this:

Northwest

Minnesota
Winnipeg
Calgary
Edmonton
Vancouver

Pacific

Phoenix
Seattle/Portland/Vegas
San Jose
Anaheim
LA

Central

Dallas
St Louis
Columbus
Nashville/Atlanta
Colorado

Great Lakes

Chicago
Detroit
Buffalo
Toronto
Ottawa

Atlantic

Tampa Bay
Washington
Carolina
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia

Northeast

Montreal
NYR
NYI
Boston
New Jersey

(Alternatively, swap Buffalo and Montreal in their divisions, but that's the only change I'd possibly make to that)

And then the divisions and conferences are a lot less dumb in general and travel is a lot more evenly spread as compared to now, and everyone is happy.. Cbus fans would complain about still being in the West until they realized they were rid of both Detroit and Chicago as divisional rivals.

Also, we never have to hear bitching about a 'southeast' division again because 3/5 of the SE becomes the Atlantic and 'southeast' gets replaced with 'great lakes', a much more fitting name for a hockey division.

Edited by Datsyerberger, 07 May 2010 - 12:50 AM.

If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#10 Third Man In

Third Man In

Ready to rage.

• HoF Booster
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:59 AM

Winnipeg.

Seconded. So long as they have the picture of the Queen back up in their arena too. :lol:

"When you're a Detroit Red Wing, you don't want to go anywhere." -Kris Draper
Duty Calls

#11 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:36 AM

hell yeah... winnipeg jets.

#12 Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:30 AM

As much as I'd love to see a team in Vegas so I don't have to make the drive to Cali or Arizona to watch the Wings play, Vegas would end up just like Phoenix. They don't care about hockey here.

#13 Osgood4President

Osgood4President

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:06 AM

the only reason i don't agree with you is that going to the east would leave chicago as the only o-6 team thats in the west.

i actually enjoy playing them a lot and seeing the other original 6 teams only on special occasions. it would be weird the other way around imho.