• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
swansoccer13

Detroit is old and one win wont change that.

Rate this topic

I have nothing to write about, because the team I cover fell flat on its face this year, so I will write about another team.

I wrote a blog about it the other day that laughed at all the people saying they were old and it's the end of an era and whatnot. They said it in 99, 2003, definately during 04-05 lockout and again in 06 and yet here they still are.

Almost 75% of this team is 30 or younger with some young kids coming up in the next few years. Losing Lidstrom, whenever that happens, will hurt but they have enough talent to carry on without him too, although it will be hard. (Yes I'm leaving that one open to jokes)

Columbus is still on the NHL's "Endangered Species List", aren't they?

That just means the NHL will give them another 10 years before they get contracted or moved to Puerto Rico.

In saying that I think CBJ could be an ok market if they could just put a winner on the ice.

Well, there are at least two really bold statements in this piece of journalism. First pointed by WingsallTheway -

Wow...thats a bold statement saying a team won't come back from a 3-0 defecit. This guy has some balls!

Sure, he does. I'd say he has way too much of these balls... he's got it from Creator instead of some brain...

Second, Mr. Arace is absolutely right. Red Wings wont get younger regardless of outcome of the previous, next or any game or playoff series. In fact, our captain just turned 40, winning Game 7 of WC quoter-final day before the anniversary.

I bet, every (young or old) players from Columbus Blue Jacket team would rather be getting old winning game of hockey than playing golf early April.

Edited by ami

In related news, the year 1998 is proud to welcome Columbus Dispatch reporter Michael Arace. Rumor has it that the 21st century is eagerly awaiting Mr. Arace's arrival, expected within 4-5 years.

Guest Lidstromboli

the only reason the Wings won game 4 was because there was a Matlock marathon on that night

We've been old and on the way down for 10 years. Eventually someone is going to be right.

I never bought that bulls*** for a second. However I never bought the crap either that Detroit were so good that they could getaway with suspect goaltending . This year proves that this is not the case by long mile.Had we had competent goaltending now and for most of the last 3 seasons despite our cups; we would have a lot less mileage on Nick and Co. Look at the Bruins and Montreal , two teams that had mediocre seasons but squeaked into the playoffs because of stellar goaltending, and now our moving beyond everyone's exspectations. No the Wings are not old, just winded by second hand goaltending. Oh Ken your so brilliant , please retire you've done it all.

Ok, the old guys who probably are coming to an end in terms of real substantial usefulness for the Wings are;

Maltby

Draper

Bertuzzi

May

Osgood

The only other older players we have which are really up there but still very much in the mix are Lidstrom and Rafalski who are leading the playoffs for defenceman pts. IF Norris Nik comes back, we're fine. Just lighten his workload during the regular season as Kronwall and Stuart are primed for more minutes and have impressed me with their responsible play.

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Flip and Franzen are still far from old. Loosing the 5 I mentioned will mean our average age drops significantly. Malts Osgoof and Drapes will be staying with our organization in some capacity I have no doubt. So all of a sudden our average age drops significantly without any real loss. Abdelkader and Helm are replacing Malts and Drapes.

And a for the author, I may remind him that Belfour from that Dallas team led his Leafs to conference finals playing out of his mind, Brett Hull won a cup with us.

Edited by T.OWingsFan

I never bought that bulls*** for a second. However I never bought the crap either that Detroit were so good that they could getaway with suspect goaltending . This year proves that this is not the case by long mile.Had we had competent goaltending now and for most of the last 3 seasons despite our cups; we would have a lot less mileage on Nick and Co. Look at the Bruins and Montreal , two teams that had mediocre seasons but squeaked into the playoffs because of stellar goaltending, and now our moving beyond everyone's exspectations. No the Wings are not old, just winded by second hand goaltending. Oh Ken your so brilliant , please retire you've done it all.

Do you make it a habit in your life to not know what you are talking about?

We've been old and on the way down for 10 years. Eventually someone is going to be right.

Ya, Im right...Wing's in 7!

Do you make it a habit in your life to not know what you are talking about?

ahahahahahaha, that was funny, you stole the words right from my mouth!

Edited by 13dangledangle

people, it's the Disgrace. People in Columbus don't even read the Disgrace, yet the paper touts itself as "Ohio's Greatest Home Newspaper" or whatever.

I'd just ignore and move on - haters gonna hate.

What do you expect? He's from ******* Columbus. The one and only time they ever even made the playoffs, they were swept by an "old" team and forgotten about just as quickly as they entered the playoffs -- a non-factor. He obviously feels compelled to energize Blue Jacket fans because they're likely paying more attention to baseball and basketball right now. And if I recall correctly, people who write for them tend to try and stir the pot in this fashion, as hating a far more superior team makes for more interest it seems than cheering your own team on when they suck this bad.

Nope. Given where the football team is going to start the year (in the polls) and where they *might* finish, the town has pretty much put its collective attentions on Ohio State.

If the Indians were decent this year, then until about August Columbus would be paying attention to baseball (since it is an Indians town), but the Tribe sucks and no one is paying attention to them.

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80

Guest Lidstromboli

did the rest of ohio secede from columbus or something

did the rest of ohio secede from columbus or something

I don't think so, I think the 10 knowledgeable CBJ fans would tell this guy he's full of s*** actually.

It's just that finding those people is about impossible because they are either not paying attention to any sports at all right now or are decked out/only paying attention to Ohio State football at the moment.

Guest scottj

does anybody have that picture with Lids n Yzerman with the cup in an airplane that says "Haters gonna hate"?

I didn't get to save that the last time i saw it

This blog is one of the many reasons why I don't listen to or read any kind of sports analysis outside of Sports Talk radio. I really don't understand how some so called sports experts actually get paid for the trash they report and write about.

Topics like Detroit is old and one win wont change that is something I'd expect to hear from a friend who's jealous of the Red Wings... Usually it won't do anything to try and write these guys because their e-mail is probably screened by an assistant or their ego is so huge.

Maybe a generation or two ago over 35 is old, but it's not like that anymore with the workout routines and diets the players are on now. And it's not like the old days where the players eat hot dogs and drink to much beer after games, they are more disciplined when it comes to food... Someone who writes about sports should know that.

Complete trash!