• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
anthonyn66

Shark Tank sounds

Rate this topic

Anyone here not like the horns and sounds at the Shark Tank? Some are ok (the Jaws music before a PP is intimidating as hell) but I really hate all the modern synthesizer stuff they have before faceoffs, etc... maybe that's cuz I like the old organ-retro hockey sounds better.

Thoughts?

They used to have an organist in the arena. It was way better. Now they play the stuff that you're familiar with. Cost cutting at its finest. I do enjoy the goal horn though. It's not one of the high pitched ones...I don't enjoy those as much.

Guest scottj

the most annoying sounds are when the crowd boos everytime somebody from the Sharks falls down and there's no penalty called.

It's true, they ARE one of the loudest crowds... but loud doesn't necessarily mean smart. In this case, it definitely doesn't mean smart.

it seems like they did do their jobs though, cause everytime the place got really loud for s*** that were definitely not penalties, it seems like the refs bought it or something. It's nice that they also believe Nabokov when Bert "held" Vlasic (?)

edit: yeah, almost every arena has people like that, who boo s*** that should not be booed... but it seems like everybody in the place boos. like the vast majority actually buys that s***

Edited by scottj

Guest scottj

read my edit... it definitely seems like they do it way more at the tank, like every damn time something not resulting in the sharks getting the puck happens

read my edit... it definitely seems like they do it way more at the tank, like every damn time something not resulting in the sharks getting the puck happens

It happens in every arena, with every fan base, and it's pretty much the same amount everywhere. I have season tickets and I'm there every game. It irritates me just as much as it irritates you when fans boo things that obviously shouldn't be booed. Every team has a large amount of fans that simply aren't that knowledgeable about the game. Did you see the thread on this site that had a picture of the line change occurring during OT of game 3 as the Sharks scored the winning goal? Did you notice how many people agreed with the OP?

We all have them.

Guest scottj

god... for the third time

it's obvious there's way more of those people in the shark tank... it seems like the crowd is just as loud whether a real penalty isn't called or whether they don't know what they're booing about. whereas in most other arenas, you can tell that there are less people booing about something they shouldn't be booing about compared to when something that actusally deserved to be booed happens

it's obvious there's way more of those people in the shark tank... it seems like the crowd is just as loud whether a real penalty isn't called or whether they don't know what they're booing about. whereas in most other arenas, you can tell that there are less people booing about something they shouldn't be booing about compared to when something that actusally deserved to be booed happens

Exceptional on the reasoning. What this guy said.

Sharks fans are plugs by the way

I'm not sure what it was, and maybe I'm just going crazy, but in both of the first two games, half the time the Wings would bring the puck out of the defensive zone there was a sound like a puck hitting a goalpost. Annoying as hell.

I like the Jaws music...but then again I'm a pretty cheesy person! Most of it was not my type of thing, though - agreed. Although I thought the music in Game 3 at JLA was kind of downbeat for a hockey game, and this was before the 3rd period. Last night was much better. Haha, I liked hearing "That's the Way I Like It" (or whatever the real title is) later on in the game since I had already started singing it by myself after the 4th or 5th goal.

I'm not sure what it was, and maybe I'm just going crazy, but in both of the first two games, half the time the Wings would bring the puck out of the defensive zone there was a sound like a puck hitting a goalpost. Annoying as hell.

I notice that too. What's that all about?

They do that? I don't hear it. Maybe, I'm just use to it. Everytime I hear an Awww, was when we have a scoring chance, and don't score.

Naw bud they do it, just like when some of our fans think everytime Homer gets knocked down their should be a call

it's obvious there's way more of those people in the shark tank...

I think obvious might just be in the ear of the beholder. I heard exactly the same sounds, same reactions, listening to to the games at the Joe. No different to my ears. It just doesn't tend to annoy (read=draw attention to itself) if you happen to agree with whatever they're reacting to.

Anyone here not like the horns and sounds at the Shark Tank? Some are ok (the Jaws music before a PP is intimidating as hell) but I really hate all the modern synthesizer stuff they have before faceoffs, etc... maybe that's cuz I like the old organ-retro hockey sounds better.

Thoughts?

Come on now! The Red Wings are better than this. The Detroit Red Wing history is seriously rich. No need to bicker like an old woman on this topic...

Guest Lidstromboli

maybe someone in the crowd with a cowbell or block of some sort?

Guest scottj

I think obvious might just be in the ear of the beholder. I heard exactly the same sounds, same reactions, listening to to the games at the Joe. No different to my ears. It just doesn't tend to annoy (read=draw attention to itself) if you happen to agree with whatever they're reacting to.

I dunno man... I have noticed other fans doing it but I've never noticed it being as bad as at the tank