Tomas Kopecky

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 FlintGangster

FlintGangster

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:10 PM

Wow, so much for all the false hatertude that this man has gotten on this very forum all year, eh? He has been dominant for the hated Chicago Blackhawks, eh? He is a large contributer to Chicago's success against the Canucks in Canada. How much do Wing fans wish they still had Kopekcy or, at least, that he wasn't a Chicago Blackhawk? Man, those Blackhawks are good.

#2 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:12 PM

Wow, so much for all the false hatertude that this man has gotten on this very forum all year, eh? He has been dominant for the hated Chicago Blackhawks, eh? He is a large contributer to Chicago's success against the Canucks in Canada. How much do Wing fans wish they still had Kopekcy or, at least, that he wasn't a Chicago Blackhawk? Man, those Blackhawks are good.

It doesn't matter how he is doing on another team. He sucked when he was here. Therefore, he is gone.

#3 Klunzo

Klunzo

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:27 PM

It doesn't matter how he is doing on another team. He sucked when he was here. Therefore, he is gone.

So true. +1
"I believe we have a team that can make the playoffs" -Brian Burke

#4 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:30 PM

Eh?

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#5 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:35 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 FlintGangster

FlintGangster

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:36 PM

Posted Image

Says the Vanilla Ice guy!

It's an honest question. If anyone is trolling, it is you. Thank you for your useless response.

#7 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:38 PM

Sorry, my sarcasm detector is in the shop. I can't tell if you're trying to be serious.

#8 FlintGangster

FlintGangster

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:42 PM

Wow, that guy must really like Vanilla Ice. He must want to be his boyfriend. You wish you still had Kopecky.

Lidstromboll,

You would have been so cool if you chose Snow Informer as your avatar. Choosing Vanilla Ice just shows a lack of creativity on your end. Long live Kopecky!!

#9 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:44 PM

Yeah, I sure wish the Wings had a 6-3, 203 lb forward capable of playing all three forward positions who is a solid defensive player and can contribute offensively and physically. Someone capable of playing both sides on special teams.

For all of you brushing the Kopecky stuff off...

Here's his post-Olympic stat line:

16 GP, 6g-3a-9pt, +6, 6PIM

Multiply by 5 and you have:

80 GP, 30g-15a-45pt, +30, 30PIM

Which is pretty good for a third line center/winger.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#10 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:45 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Imagehttp://25.media.tumb...brus1o1_500.gif

Posted Image

#11 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:46 PM

Wow, that guy must really like Vanilla Ice. He must want to be his boyfriend. You wish you still had Kopecky.

Lidstromboll,

You would have been so cool if you chose Snow Informer as your avatar. Choosing Vanilla Ice just shows a lack of creativity on your end. Long live Kopecky!!

Enjoy our scraps.

#12 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:53 PM

Kopecky is overpaid by 1 million dollars a year.

Yeah, I sure wish the Wings had a 6-3, 203 lb forward capable of playing all three forward positions who is a solid defensive player and can contribute offensively and physically. Someone capable of playing both sides on special teams.

Yeah, but what was his actual stat line from this year? If I did the same thing with Howard I could argue he should have broken the NHL's win record. :rolleyes:
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#13 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:58 PM

[font="Book Antiqua"]Yeah, I sure wish the Wings had a 6-3, 203 lb forward capable of playing all three forward positions who is a solid defensive player and can contribute offensively and physically. Someone capable of playing both sides on special teams.

You are an enormous whiner lately, Eva.

#14 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:59 PM

Kopecky is overpaid by 1 million dollars a year.

Yeah, but what was his actual stat line from this year? If I did the same thing with Howard I could argue he should have broken the NHL's win record. :rolleyes:

Lol... I love the little windows Eva shows us from a players career when he wants to prove how he would be the most dominant player. Did you realize that if you snapshot Franzen's game from last night that he is on pace to average 6 points a night for the remainder of the playoffs?

Edited by Broken 16, 07 May 2010 - 11:59 PM.

#15 Mikeal

Mikeal

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:00 AM

Calling this a Troll is BS. Kopecky has been very good this year and this playoff. I think we have been spoiled so long in Detroit we don't even appreciate some people.

#16 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:02 AM

:rolleyes:

That's not how it works, Eva. You can do that with any single stretch for any single player. Look at Bertuzzi's month of December: 14 GP, 8G, 4A, 12P. Multiply by 5 and you have: 70GP, 40G, 20A, 60 points!

Prorate to a full season and you have 47G, 23A, 70 points!

Man, $1.5 million for a near 50 goal scorer (prorated based on one anomaly of a month)!

Franzen had 4 goals and 2 assists last night, multiply by 82 and you have 328 goals and 164 assists for 492 points! Not bad for $3.9 million!
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#17 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:05 AM

You are an enormous whiner lately, Eva.

He sure has posted here a lot lately since Hudler's return is now official.

#18 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:08 AM

Calling this a Troll is BS. Kopecky has been very good this year and this playoff. I think we have been spoiled so long in Detroit we don't even appreciate some people.

So what are we supposed to do in this thread? Agree with the OP and pine for a player that was awful for us, didn't fit under the cap and was generally disliked by almost every Wings fan? The only good thing Kopecky ever did for us was help lure Hossa in for a year. I'd rather entertain a discussion about having Sammy back.

#19 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:13 AM

I could put up points playing with Hossa. Kope is a decent player, but I doubt he be as successful playing with less skilled players.

#20 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:14 AM

i don't think you get what trolling is

Posted Image