• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlintGangster

Tomas Kopecky

Rate this topic

Wow, so much for all the false hatertude that this man has gotten on this very forum all year, eh? He has been dominant for the hated Chicago Blackhawks, eh? He is a large contributer to Chicago's success against the Canucks in Canada. How much do Wing fans wish they still had Kopekcy or, at least, that he wasn't a Chicago Blackhawk? Man, those Blackhawks are good.

Wow, so much for all the false hatertude that this man has gotten on this very forum all year, eh? He has been dominant for the hated Chicago Blackhawks, eh? He is a large contributer to Chicago's success against the Canucks in Canada. How much do Wing fans wish they still had Kopekcy or, at least, that he wasn't a Chicago Blackhawk? Man, those Blackhawks are good.

It doesn't matter how he is doing on another team. He sucked when he was here. Therefore, he is gone.

Sorry, my sarcasm detector is in the shop. I can't tell if you're trying to be serious.

Yeah, I sure wish the Wings had a 6-3, 203 lb forward capable of playing all three forward positions who is a solid defensive player and can contribute offensively and physically. Someone capable of playing both sides on special teams.

For all of you brushing the Kopecky stuff off...

Here's his post-Olympic stat line:

16 GP, 6g-3a-9pt, +6, 6PIM

Multiply by 5 and you have:

80 GP, 30g-15a-45pt, +30, 30PIM

Which is pretty good for a third line center/winger.

Wow, that guy must really like Vanilla Ice. He must want to be his boyfriend. You wish you still had Kopecky.

Lidstromboll,

You would have been so cool if you chose Snow Informer as your avatar. Choosing Vanilla Ice just shows a lack of creativity on your end. Long live Kopecky!!

Enjoy our scraps.

Kopecky is overpaid by 1 million dollars a year.

Yeah, I sure wish the Wings had a 6-3, 203 lb forward capable of playing all three forward positions who is a solid defensive player and can contribute offensively and physically. Someone capable of playing both sides on special teams.

Yeah, but what was his actual stat line from this year? If I did the same thing with Howard I could argue he should have broken the NHL's win record. :rolleyes:

Guest Crymson

You are an enormous whiner lately, Eva.

Kopecky is overpaid by 1 million dollars a year.

Yeah, but what was his actual stat line from this year? If I did the same thing with Howard I could argue he should have broken the NHL's win record. :rolleyes:

Lol... I love the little windows Eva shows us from a players career when he wants to prove how he would be the most dominant player. Did you realize that if you snapshot Franzen's game from last night that he is on pace to average 6 points a night for the remainder of the playoffs?

Edited by Broken 16

:rolleyes:

That's not how it works, Eva. You can do that with any single stretch for any single player. Look at Bertuzzi's month of December: 14 GP, 8G, 4A, 12P. Multiply by 5 and you have: 70GP, 40G, 20A, 60 points!

Prorate to a full season and you have 47G, 23A, 70 points!

Man, $1.5 million for a near 50 goal scorer (prorated based on one anomaly of a month)!

Franzen had 4 goals and 2 assists last night, multiply by 82 and you have 328 goals and 164 assists for 492 points! Not bad for $3.9 million!

Calling this a Troll is BS. Kopecky has been very good this year and this playoff. I think we have been spoiled so long in Detroit we don't even appreciate some people.

So what are we supposed to do in this thread? Agree with the OP and pine for a player that was awful for us, didn't fit under the cap and was generally disliked by almost every Wings fan? The only good thing Kopecky ever did for us was help lure Hossa in for a year. I'd rather entertain a discussion about having Sammy back.

Guest Lidstromboli

Calling this a Troll is BS. Kopecky has been very good this year and this playoff. I think we have been spoiled so long in Detroit we don't even appreciate some people.

i don't think you get what trolling is

Guest Crymson

Kopecky was a horrible player here. Horrible.

Lol... I love the little windows Eva shows us from a players career when he wants to prove how he would be the most dominant player. Did you realize that if you snapshot Franzen's game from last night that he is on pace to average 6 points a night for the remainder of the playoffs?

Yeah, because not every sports journalist in the world was saying stuff like "Chicago and Vancouver don't want to play the Wings in the first round because of how well they have played since the Olympics. Their record is blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

Yep, clearly by showing the fact that Kopecky closed out the season very well (after having a very strong Olympics) I am twisting the truth. I definitely said that he was a 30-goal player, rather than simply saying that's the kind of pace he was scoring at over that stretch.

As far as Howard, Drake...is this the kind of thing you were talking about?

Over his first three games of the season, Osgood played 178:59 and gave up 8 goals on 81 shots, which works out to 27.2 SAPG, .901 sv%, and a 2.68 GAA. He won twice and lost once. Osgood has played an average of 46 games and 2620:53 per season. So let's project those three games over that average time frame. He would have given up 117 goals on 1186 shots, while winning 31 games and losing 15.

I know you guys like to joke about my use of stats, but I don't take a sample size of five minutes to project a full year or things like that. A REALISTIC statistical projection is different from saying a player is better than most of your young scorers because he scored a 5 goals in a three-game call-up.

Mario Lemieux probably would have broken Wayne Gretzky's scoring records in 1992-93. That much is obvious. But Mario isn't given the record just for having been much more individually dominant offensively and on pace to beat the record.

Yeah, because not every sports journalist in the world was saying stuff like "Chicago and Vancouver don't want to play the Wings in the first round because of how well they have played since the Olympics. Their record is blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

Yep, clearly by showing the fact that Kopecky closed out the season very well (after having a very strong Olympics) I am twisting the truth. I definitely said that he was a 30-goal player, rather than simply saying that's the kind of pace he was scoring at over that stretch.

As far as Howard, Drake...is this the kind of thing you were talking about?

Over his first three games of the season, Osgood played 178:59 and gave up 8 goals on 81 shots, which works out to 27.2 SAPG, .901 sv%, and a 2.68 GAA. He won twice and lost once. Osgood has played an average of 46 games and 2620:53 per season. So let's project those three games over that average time frame. He would have given up 117 goals on 1186 shots, while winning 31 games and losing 15.

I know you guys like to joke about my use of stats, but I don't take a sample size of five minutes to project a full year or things like that. A REALISTIC statistical projection is different from saying a player is better than most of your young scorers because he scored a 5 goals in a three-game call-up.

Mario Lemieux probably would have broken Wayne Gretzky's scoring records in 1992-93. That much is obvious. But Mario isn't given the record just for having been much more individually dominant offensively and on pace to beat the record.

The point is, he was awful here. He didn't fit in at all. Just because he is doing well somewhere else (good for him btw) doesn't mean that anyone wishes he was back. Anyone that has watched him play for the Wings with any regularity in past knows that he doesn't fit on the Wings. So... in response to the original point of the thread. NO, I don't miss him in a Wings uniform or wish he was back. Do you? Honestly?

Has kopecky been better lately, sure. But saying most wings fans regret him leaving is a little ridiculous. Here's his numbers from this year with chicago and last year with the wings:

2009-2010: 10G 11A for 21pts in 74games

2008-2009: 6G 13A for 19pts in 79 games

So yea, not much of a difference for that pretty big increase in pay. He never would have worked with the wings under this salary cap.