• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlintGangster

Tomas Kopecky

Rate this topic

The point is, he was awful here. He didn't fit in at all. Just because he is doing well somewhere else (good for him btw) doesn't mean that anyone wishes he was back. Anyone that has watched him play for the Wings with any regularity in past knows that he doesn't fit on the Wings. So... in response to the original point of the thread. NO, I don't miss him in a Wings uniform or wish he was back. Do you? Honestly?

Kopecky is a solid all-around player. He's not a superstar. He's not going to be a superstar. He's better than Draper and Maltby. He's probably better than most guys who make his salary, as weird as that might sound to you. But he's a solid third-line forward, so I wouldn't say he's overpaid. I don't know if I'd want him back except maybe on the fourth line in place of Draper, but most teams would be glad to have him.

Kopecky has indeed been better with the Hawks than he was with the Wings but the fact is that he wasn't that great when he was here. I think it's only normal for him to be producing better numbers with the minutes they give him over there. Either way I'd still rather have Samuelsson back instead of Kopecky, any day.

Guest Crymson

Kopecky is a solid all-around player. He's not a superstar. He's not going to be a superstar. He's better than Draper and Maltby. He's probably better than most guys who make his salary, as weird as that might sound to you. But he's a solid third-line forward, so I wouldn't say he's overpaid. I don't know if I'd want him back except maybe on the fourth line in place of Draper, but most teams would be glad to have him.

Offense: Below average

Defense: Poor

Hands: Poor

Speed: Terrible

Acceleration: Horrendous

Physical Style: Borderline

He's not very good. He's playing on a line with two excellent players. There's his success.

Offense: Below average

Defense: Poor

Hands: Poor

Speed: Terrible

Acceleration: Horrendous

Physical Style: Borderline

He's not very good. He's playing on a line with two excellent players. There's his success.

Kopecky is better than you credit him for. No, he's not a top-six forward. But he can play like one on good nights and he is a solid third line checking forward. You act like he isn't good enough to be in the NHL, even though he is the #8 forward and receives regular PP time on one of the league's top teams, and he is playing well in the postseason.

In retrospect... I would have preferred Kopecky over Leino. :)

Cap hit aside, of course.

Edited by Broken 16

Guest Crymson

Kopecky is better than you credit him for. No, he's not a top-six forward. But he can play like one on good nights and he is a solid third line checking forward. You act like he isn't good enough to be in the NHL, even though he is the #8 forward and receives regular PP time on one of the league's top teams, and he is playing well in the postseason.

For the Wings, he was terrible. He was a waste of a roster space during the regular season, and his injuries in the past two postseasons turned out to be positive events for the team.

You have been implying that he was a valuable player who should not have been let go. In reality, he was almost inarguably the least useful player on the roster. He excelled in no area whatsoever; in fact, he was below average in virtually every area save size.

Most teams have a bottom 6 full of players just as good or better. Most AHL teams have several players as good or better.

He may be a 'solid all around' NHL 3rd/4th liner, but there's nothing even remotely special about him. There's nothing to miss. There's nothing to want him for, because there's 500 other guys in and out of the NHL that can do the same job just as well. He's not any better than Draper. At least not so much that it would make any difference.

Pav, Hank, Mule, Flip, Homer, Bert, Cleary, Helm, Abby, Miller, Eaves, Draper, May, Willy, Ritola...are we really supposed to give a s*** about a player that maybe wouldn't even make the lineup?

I don't even know Chicago's roster that well, but I'd still be willing to bet that they have several players available that could replace Kopy without significantly weakening the team.

Most teams have a bottom 6 full of players just as good or better. Most AHL teams have several players as good or better.

He may be a 'solid all around' NHL 3rd/4th liner, but there's nothing even remotely special about him. There's nothing to miss. There's nothing to want him for, because there's 500 other guys in and out of the NHL that can do the same job just as well. He's not any better than Draper. At least not so much that it would make any difference.

Pav, Hank, Mule, Flip, Homer, Bert, Cleary, Helm, Abby, Miller, Eaves, Draper, May, Willy, Ritola...are we really supposed to give a s*** about a player that maybe wouldn't even make the lineup?

I don't even know Chicago's roster that well, but I'd still be willing to bet that they have several players available that could replace Kopy without significantly weakening the team.

Yup. I don't get what's so remarkable about him to anyone.

Just because he's doing good on another team, doesn't mean he'll do good here. You need chemistry and he just didn't have it here. Look at Sammy. He's been great this year but wasn't anything special last year with us. You don't change that much over night. I'd take Kopecky over Leino, but that isn't saying a whole lot.

Wow, so much for all the false hatertude that this man has gotten on this very forum all year, eh? He has been dominant for the hated Chicago Blackhawks, eh? He is a large contributer to Chicago's success against the Canucks in Canada. How much do Wing fans wish they still had Kopekcy or, at least, that he wasn't a Chicago Blackhawk? Man, those Blackhawks are good.

Kopecky, is that you?

Kopecky is a joke, I like how no one mentioned Chicago has been throwing him on a line with his girlfriend Hossa which is where he generated the majority of his playoff points. Jesus, can't believe we're back to talking about this clown...especially after he did NOTHING for the Wings EVER.

I really don't think Kopecky would just be ending the first year of a multi-million dollar contract if there were an average of 16+ players per NHL team who could replace him. Seems like a small exaggeration, don't you think?

Perhaps 150-200 players could do his job just as well, but that is including maybe 50-75 top-six forwards. So we're left with anywhere from 75-150 players who are better than Kopecky at his job AND are on their team just to do that job. No, swapping out Kopecky with Draper probably wouldn't make much of a difference with the current team. But the fact remains that on most teams in the league, Kopecky would likely have a job in the bottom 6.

haha remember when he got his ass kicked in the playoffs last year

So tell me, since you seem to be the type who ******* incessantly about enforcers...

Who do you prefer:

Someone who stands up for his teammates and fights, but doesn't always win

OR

Someone who chirps at the opposing team and then skates away.

So tell me, since you seem to be the type who ******* incessantly about enforcers...

Who do you prefer:

Someone who stands up for his teammates and fights, but doesn't always win

OR

Someone who chirps at the opposing team and then skates away.

If this means Kopecky then I say take the person who runs his gate and skates away.

Seriously a guy his size, constantly falling all over the place like hes playing the game with a half case of beer in him, barely has a physical side, and wants a 1.2 million contract.

Isn't Eva the one on this forum who constantly is talking about Holland is smarter then all of us when he's talking about his little midget buddy Hudler coming back but now he's saying we shoulda kept Kopecky?

How many games did you watch last season Eva? Or did you recently hit your head really hard because Kopecky is TERRIBLE

If this means Kopecky then I say take the person who runs his gate and skates away.

Seriously a guy his size, constantly falling all over the place like hes playing the game with a half case of beer in him, barely has a physical side, and wants a 1.2 million contract.

Isn't Eva the one on this forum who constantly is talking about Holland is smarter then all of us when he's talking about his little midget buddy Hudler coming back but now he's saying we shoulda kept Kopecky?

How many games did you watch last season Eva? Or did you recently hit your head really hard because Kopecky is TERRIBLE

Kopecky was and still is a waste of a roster spot.Doesn't deserve half of what he's making.Whoever even hints at saying Kopecky is anywhere near good should seriously get their head checked.