• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:14 AM

Calling this a Troll is BS. Kopecky has been very good this year and this playoff. I think we have been spoiled so long in Detroit we don't even appreciate some people.

Kopecky was a horrible player here. Horrible.

#22 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:26 AM

Lol... I love the little windows Eva shows us from a players career when he wants to prove how he would be the most dominant player. Did you realize that if you snapshot Franzen's game from last night that he is on pace to average 6 points a night for the remainder of the playoffs?

Yeah, because not every sports journalist in the world was saying stuff like "Chicago and Vancouver don't want to play the Wings in the first round because of how well they have played since the Olympics. Their record is blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

Yep, clearly by showing the fact that Kopecky closed out the season very well (after having a very strong Olympics) I am twisting the truth. I definitely said that he was a 30-goal player, rather than simply saying that's the kind of pace he was scoring at over that stretch.

As far as Howard, Drake...is this the kind of thing you were talking about?

Over his first three games of the season, Osgood played 178:59 and gave up 8 goals on 81 shots, which works out to 27.2 SAPG, .901 sv%, and a 2.68 GAA. He won twice and lost once. Osgood has played an average of 46 games and 2620:53 per season. So let's project those three games over that average time frame. He would have given up 117 goals on 1186 shots, while winning 31 games and losing 15.

I know you guys like to joke about my use of stats, but I don't take a sample size of five minutes to project a full year or things like that. A REALISTIC statistical projection is different from saying a player is better than most of your young scorers because he scored a 5 goals in a three-game call-up.

Mario Lemieux probably would have broken Wayne Gretzky's scoring records in 1992-93. That much is obvious. But Mario isn't given the record just for having been much more individually dominant offensively and on pace to beat the record.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#23 40 Red Wings 13

40 Red Wings 13

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:30 AM

hahaha this probably is kopecky LOL! :hehe:

#24 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:34 AM

Yeah, because not every sports journalist in the world was saying stuff like "Chicago and Vancouver don't want to play the Wings in the first round because of how well they have played since the Olympics. Their record is blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

Yep, clearly by showing the fact that Kopecky closed out the season very well (after having a very strong Olympics) I am twisting the truth. I definitely said that he was a 30-goal player, rather than simply saying that's the kind of pace he was scoring at over that stretch.

As far as Howard, Drake...is this the kind of thing you were talking about?

Over his first three games of the season, Osgood played 178:59 and gave up 8 goals on 81 shots, which works out to 27.2 SAPG, .901 sv%, and a 2.68 GAA. He won twice and lost once. Osgood has played an average of 46 games and 2620:53 per season. So let's project those three games over that average time frame. He would have given up 117 goals on 1186 shots, while winning 31 games and losing 15.

I know you guys like to joke about my use of stats, but I don't take a sample size of five minutes to project a full year or things like that. A REALISTIC statistical projection is different from saying a player is better than most of your young scorers because he scored a 5 goals in a three-game call-up.

Mario Lemieux probably would have broken Wayne Gretzky's scoring records in 1992-93. That much is obvious. But Mario isn't given the record just for having been much more individually dominant offensively and on pace to beat the record.

The point is, he was awful here. He didn't fit in at all. Just because he is doing well somewhere else (good for him btw) doesn't mean that anyone wishes he was back. Anyone that has watched him play for the Wings with any regularity in past knows that he doesn't fit on the Wings. So... in response to the original point of the thread. NO, I don't miss him in a Wings uniform or wish he was back. Do you? Honestly?

#25 Wings_Rule_1010

Wings_Rule_1010

LGRW!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Has kopecky been better lately, sure. But saying most wings fans regret him leaving is a little ridiculous. Here's his numbers from this year with chicago and last year with the wings:

2009-2010: 10G 11A for 21pts in 74games
2008-2009: 6G 13A for 19pts in 79 games

So yea, not much of a difference for that pretty big increase in pay. He never would have worked with the wings under this salary cap.
Go Blue!!!

#26 Supface

Supface

Rookie

• Pip
  • 108 posts

i was watching 100 greatest 90's songs on vh1 earlier and Snow's Informer was on and the troll mentioned it earlier in this thread.

weird...

#27 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:43 AM

The point is, he was awful here. He didn't fit in at all. Just because he is doing well somewhere else (good for him btw) doesn't mean that anyone wishes he was back. Anyone that has watched him play for the Wings with any regularity in past knows that he doesn't fit on the Wings. So... in response to the original point of the thread. NO, I don't miss him in a Wings uniform or wish he was back. Do you? Honestly?

Kopecky is a solid all-around player. He's not a superstar. He's not going to be a superstar. He's better than Draper and Maltby. He's probably better than most guys who make his salary, as weird as that might sound to you. But he's a solid third-line forward, so I wouldn't say he's overpaid. I don't know if I'd want him back except maybe on the fourth line in place of Draper, but most teams would be glad to have him.

#28 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:51 AM

Kopecky has indeed been better with the Hawks than he was with the Wings but the fact is that he wasn't that great when he was here. I think it's only normal for him to be producing better numbers with the minutes they give him over there. Either way I'd still rather have Samuelsson back instead of Kopecky, any day.

#29 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:51 AM

Kopecky is a solid all-around player. He's not a superstar. He's not going to be a superstar. He's better than Draper and Maltby. He's probably better than most guys who make his salary, as weird as that might sound to you. But he's a solid third-line forward, so I wouldn't say he's overpaid. I don't know if I'd want him back except maybe on the fourth line in place of Draper, but most teams would be glad to have him.

Offense: Below average
Defense: Poor
Hands: Poor
Speed: Terrible
Acceleration: Horrendous
Physical Style: Borderline

He's not very good. He's playing on a line with two excellent players. There's his success.

#30 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:00 AM

Offense: Below average
Defense: Poor
Hands: Poor
Speed: Terrible
Acceleration: Horrendous
Physical Style: Borderline

He's not very good. He's playing on a line with two excellent players. There's his success.

Kopecky is better than you credit him for. No, he's not a top-six forward. But he can play like one on good nights and he is a solid third line checking forward. You act like he isn't good enough to be in the NHL, even though he is the #8 forward and receives regular PP time on one of the league's top teams, and he is playing well in the postseason.

#31 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:04 AM

In retrospect... I would have preferred Kopecky over Leino. :)

Cap hit aside, of course.

Edited by Broken 16, 08 May 2010 - 01:09 AM.

#32 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:13 AM

Kopecky is better than you credit him for. No, he's not a top-six forward. But he can play like one on good nights and he is a solid third line checking forward. You act like he isn't good enough to be in the NHL, even though he is the #8 forward and receives regular PP time on one of the league's top teams, and he is playing well in the postseason.

For the Wings, he was terrible. He was a waste of a roster space during the regular season, and his injuries in the past two postseasons turned out to be positive events for the team.

You have been implying that he was a valuable player who should not have been let go. In reality, he was almost inarguably the least useful player on the roster. He excelled in no area whatsoever; in fact, he was below average in virtually every area save size.

#33 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:44 AM

Most teams have a bottom 6 full of players just as good or better. Most AHL teams have several players as good or better.

He may be a 'solid all around' NHL 3rd/4th liner, but there's nothing even remotely special about him. There's nothing to miss. There's nothing to want him for, because there's 500 other guys in and out of the NHL that can do the same job just as well. He's not any better than Draper. At least not so much that it would make any difference.

Pav, Hank, Mule, Flip, Homer, Bert, Cleary, Helm, Abby, Miller, Eaves, Draper, May, Willy, Ritola...are we really supposed to give a s*** about a player that maybe wouldn't even make the lineup?

I don't even know Chicago's roster that well, but I'd still be willing to bet that they have several players available that could replace Kopy without significantly weakening the team.

#34 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:57 AM

Most teams have a bottom 6 full of players just as good or better. Most AHL teams have several players as good or better.

He may be a 'solid all around' NHL 3rd/4th liner, but there's nothing even remotely special about him. There's nothing to miss. There's nothing to want him for, because there's 500 other guys in and out of the NHL that can do the same job just as well. He's not any better than Draper. At least not so much that it would make any difference.

Pav, Hank, Mule, Flip, Homer, Bert, Cleary, Helm, Abby, Miller, Eaves, Draper, May, Willy, Ritola...are we really supposed to give a s*** about a player that maybe wouldn't even make the lineup?

I don't even know Chicago's roster that well, but I'd still be willing to bet that they have several players available that could replace Kopy without significantly weakening the team.

Yup. I don't get what's so remarkable about him to anyone.

#35 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:58 AM

Kopecky is a ***** and he sucks.

/thread

Posted Image

#36 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:07 AM

LOL @ how Eva goes out of his way to change his font.

#37 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:08 AM

f*** Kopecky. Abdelkader>Kopecky forever and always babyyy, he's still a big oaf who cant do more then stand in front and wait for passes from his butt buddy Hossa.

#NOMOREKINDL

#38 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:27 AM

Whoa, this guy's got more goals in the playoffs than Hossa! Must be a real stud. :D
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#39 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

In heaven, everything is fine.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:00 AM

Enjoy our scraps.

You mean sloppy seconds?

#40 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:52 AM

Just because he's doing good on another team, doesn't mean he'll do good here. You need chemistry and he just didn't have it here. Look at Sammy. He's been great this year but wasn't anything special last year with us. You don't change that much over night. I'd take Kopecky over Leino, but that isn't saying a whole lot.