• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlintGangster

Tomas Kopecky

Rate this topic

That stat about his post Olympic season is BS. What was he before the Olympics? I think he had like 4 points total, and that was after playing on the PP and with the likes of Hossa.

Taking stats away (look at his current linemates now, btw) take a look at his actual goals. Wide open nets, goalie down and out... and to be honest, he STILL almost misses them. He is still taken soo easily off of the puck and spends more time on his ass than he does skating.

He seems to be trying a hell of a lot harder in Chicago, so I guess its a better fit. I still see him as a pylon who has had inflated stats by playing with far superior players and on the PP.

I really don't think Kopecky would just be ending the first year of a multi-million dollar contract if there were an average of 16+ players per NHL team who could replace him. Seems like a small exaggeration, don't you think?

Oh please, this is completely irrelevant. His contract came at a time under Chicago's absurdly mismanaged former management, where they signed half of the free agents in the entire hockey world to overpriced multi-million dollar contracts.

Guest Crymson

The OP suggested that we should feel regret for not re-signing Kopecky. We mentioned the fact that no such regret existed, given that Kopecky was terrible when he was here; nobody wanted him re-signed.

/thread

I don't understand how people are blaming him for getting his points with Hossa, isn't that what complimentary players are supposed to do? I mean very few players can carry a line, especially not depth players; he's doing what he's supposed to. I was a Kopecky fan when he was here, but his shtick did get tired, skate into there zone fall over and lose the puck. Act like you'll get involved and face off and then do nothing. I'm glad he found a roll he likes more but he is not worth the money and about the only players on the team I'd rather have Kopecky in for are Williams and Draper.

I really don't think Kopecky would just be ending the first year of a multi-million dollar contract if there were an average of 16+ players per NHL team who could replace him. Seems like a small exaggeration, don't you think?

Perhaps 150-200 players could do his job just as well, but that is including maybe 50-75 top-six forwards. So we're left with anywhere from 75-150 players who are better than Kopecky at his job AND are on their team just to do that job. No, swapping out Kopecky with Draper probably wouldn't make much of a difference with the current team. But the fact remains that on most teams in the league, Kopecky would likely have a job in the bottom 6.

Maybe a bit of an exaggeration. Maybe it's only 300. Maybe 100. Or maybe it's 600. I wasn't saying there are 500 guys hands down better. He's one of a large group of players capable of playing bottom 6 forward in the NHL. He happens to have experience with a championship team, so that raises his stock a bit. But my point is, who cares? No one. Not one GM in the league will ever say to himself, "you know what this teams needs...Tomas Kopecky". He's filler. He's a guy that you get when you don't have a lot of money, and need someone to fill a spot who can at least play the game at an NHL level.

I'm not saying he's a terrible player. Hell, he's one of the 1000 best players in the world for sure. That's pretty damn impressive if you think of it that way. But the OP was suggesting (and I still don't know if it was supposed to be a joke or not) that we might miss having Kopy on this team, or even more ridiculous that we wish the Hawks didn't have him, as if he is what really makes Chicago good. It's absurd. Kopy just isn't the kind of player that anyone really cares about. Even you don't seem to care.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

If this means Kopecky then I say take the person who runs his gate and skates away.

Seriously a guy his size, constantly falling all over the place like hes playing the game with a half case of beer in him, barely has a physical side, and wants a 1.2 million contract.

Isn't Eva the one on this forum who constantly is talking about Holland is smarter then all of us when he's talking about his little midget buddy Hudler coming back but now he's saying we shoulda kept Kopecky?

How many games did you watch last season Eva? Or did you recently hit your head really hard because Kopecky is TERRIBLE

1) How can you blame a player for his salary? It is human nature to want more, and I sincerely doubt Kopecky held Chicago's GM at gunpoint and demanded 1.2 million. If you were in his position you would have went to.

2) Eva has not once said we should have kept Kopecky, but rather implied that if he had upped his level in the play in the past months, is performing better than he was here, and theoretically would be no downgrade over Draper should they have been replaced. But alas, this is LGW so what people type and what people read will always be completely different.

Chicago gets Kopecky for $1.2 million = 21 points, 4 in the playoffs

Detroit gets Bertuzzi for $1.5 million = 44 points, 10 in the playoffs

Easy decision.

But.... but... BERTUZZI WAS A MAIN CULPRIT IN THE FACT THAT STEVEN MOORE BROKE HIS NECK 6 YEARS AGO!!!!!!!! :D

1) How can you blame a player for his salary? It is human nature to want more, and I sincerely doubt Kopecky held Chicago's GM at gunpoint and demanded 1.2 million. If you were in his position you would have went to.

2) Eva has not once said we should have kept Kopecky, but rather implied that if he had upped his level in the play in the past months, is performing better than he was here, and theoretically would be no downgrade over Draper should they have been replaced. But alas, this is LGW so what people type and what people read will always be completely different.

But.... but... BERTUZZI WAS A MAIN CULPRIT IN THE FACT THAT STEVEN MOORE BROKE HIS NECK 6 YEARS AGO!!!!!!!! :D

I'm not blaming Kopecky for his salary I'm saying he is making more then he is worth and so I'm glad he is gone. Good for him for getting that contract but he is not worth that much is what I'm saying. He isn't a good player for 1.2 million. He had a hot streak for a couple months and EVA tried saying he would be like a 30 goal scorer or something which isn't the case.

He was also suposed to provide a physical edge and really the only time he did that was against that Carle guy in the preseason. EVA is saying he is worth that money and that he is a solid player, I'm saying he is not for 1.2 million.

So tell me, since you seem to be the type who ******* incessantly about enforcers...

Who do you prefer:

Someone who stands up for his teammates and fights, but doesn't always win

OR

Someone who chirps at the opposing team and then skates away.

What an irrelevant question to pose in a thread about Thomas Kopecky, especially in response to the post about him getting his ass kicked in the playoffs last year. The Ducks had just scored their third goal, making the game 5-3 about half way through the third. A minute later, Beauchemin cross checks Kopecky until he drops his gloves, then pulverizes him. Beauchemin was trying to keep the momentum going for the Ducks and Kopecky was stupid enough to let him succeed. Kopecky didn't stand up for anyone, he got baited into a fight and got embarrassed.

What an irrelevant question to pose in a thread about Thomas Kopecky, especially in response to the post about him getting his ass kicked in the playoffs last year. The Ducks had just scored their third goal, making the game 5-3 about half way through the third. A minute later, Beauchemin cross checks Kopecky until he drops his gloves, then pulverizes him. Beauchemin was trying to keep the momentum going for the Ducks and Kopecky was stupid enough to let him succeed. Kopecky didn't stand up for anyone, he got baited into a fight and got embarrassed.

True.Guy never really understood his role.

Strange how the Wings took over that game after that.

Hmmmm...

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I'm not blaming Kopecky for his salary I'm saying he is making more then he is worth and so I'm glad he is gone. Good for him for getting that contract but he is not worth that much is what I'm saying. He isn't a good player for 1.2 million. He had a hot streak for a couple months and EVA tried saying he would be like a 30 goal scorer or something which isn't the case.

He was also suposed to provide a physical edge and really the only time he did that was against that Carle guy in the preseason. EVA is saying he is worth that money and that he is a solid player, I'm saying he is not for 1.2 million.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, the way you typed "wants 1.2 million" in your list of complaints made me, and others I am sure, that you thought Kopecky was money monger.

With that being settled, I really never cared for the guy, and as others have said he never knew his role here, but one thing that cannot be denied is that he is playing far better with the Hawks than with us. He was a very good presence the past few games I've watched, and I personally would take the way he is playing now over the way Draper is (if leadership meant nothing).

Good on Kopecky for what it looks like producing more with some more ice time. Nobody is disputing that.

However, as much as I wanted him to succeed, he barely did squat for this team during his tenure here. It didn't hurt my feelings that he was let go.

We are doing all right without him and I highly doubt he would've made that much of a significant difference if the Wings get eliminated sooner rather than later.

I wish him the best.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Wow, so much for all the false hatertude that this man has gotten on this very forum all year, eh? He has been dominant for the hated Chicago Blackhawks, eh? He is a large contributer to Chicago's success against the Canucks in Canada. How much do Wing fans wish they still had Kopekcy or, at least, that he wasn't a Chicago Blackhawk? Man, those Blackhawks are good.

dominant?? he has 4 points in 10 games...he's basically the equivalent of jason williams. the only reason he has "A" point at all is because hossa and sharp have been his line mates and for whatever reason he's been on the 2nd PP unit with them as well. so 4 points in 10 games is nothing special. give your head a shake.

Easy decision.

Kopecky spent most of the regular season playing with guys at best even with him - guys like Brower, Eager, etc. while Bertuzzi was typically with any two of Datsyuk, Z, Homer, Flip, or Franzen.

Put Kopy on a line with Dats and Homer all season and give him Bert's ice time and I bet he gets at least 30+ points. With bert's ice time, put him on a line with Flip and Z in the playoffs, and on a line with Franzen and Z on a night when Franzen is hotter than the sun, and he probably has at least 7 or 8 points.

Bertuzzi's chances at getting points have come much more easily than Kopecky's have. Bert has better raw talent, but Bert himself has for the most part been a passenger when it comes to the points on his stat sheet. Kopecky has been more involved overall in the playoffs in his points, although he has significantly fewer.

eva, for the love of god give it up for everybody's sake and sanity in here. You are not going to convince anybody, or very few on here on here, that keeping Kopecky here or that Koopecky of present will make that much of a significant difference to the Red Wings chances right now, whether people are being overzealous of him or not.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Wow, so much for all the false hatertude that this man has gotten on this very forum all year, eh? He has been dominant for the hated Chicago Blackhawks, eh? He is a large contributer to Chicago's success against the Canucks in Canada. How much do Wing fans wish they still had Kopekcy or, at least, that he wasn't a Chicago Blackhawk? Man, those Blackhawks are good.

Tomas? Is that you?

Congrats on your new team.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

eva, for the love of god give it up for everybody's sake and sanity in here. You are not going to convince anybody, or very few on here on here, that keeping Kopecky here or that Koopecky of present will make that much of a significant difference to the Red Wings chances right now, whether people are being overzealous of him or not.

He has not argued that once.

Kopecky is a solid all-around player. He's not a superstar. He's not going to be a superstar. He's better than Draper and Maltby. He's probably better than most guys who make his salary, as weird as that might sound to you. But he's a solid third-line forward, so I wouldn't say he's overpaid. I don't know if I'd want him back except maybe on the fourth line in place of Draper, but most teams would be glad to have him.

I'd rather Draper, at least he doesn't get knocked over all the time and can win faceoffs.

Kopecky is better than you credit him for. No, he's not a top-six forward. But he can play like one on good nights and he is a solid third line checking forward. You act like he isn't good enough to be in the NHL, even though he is the #8 forward and receives regular PP time on one of the league's top teams, and he is playing well in the postseason.

Lots of players can do that, Franzen played like the top player in the world two nights ago.

haha remember when he got his ass kicked in the playoffs last year

and at this i'll take the opportunity to let all see:

Easy decision.

Bertuzzi is a dirty player though. A lot of people don't like him. No matter how many points he scores for Motown, he'll always be a dirty player.