• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Camerica19

Hey guys. Need some help on the Authenticity of a jersey

Rate this topic

Hey guys,

Know I haven't posted here much but I could really use some help. I'm looking at this jersey on ebay:

McCarty Jersey

It goes along with a bet I'm having with one of my Pens fan friends. We bet that whatever team made it further in the playoffs, the other guy would have to suit up in the opposing teams gear for one full day.

Anyway....

After we come back against the Sharks, and the Pens choke to the Habs I would love to have him wearing a McCarty jersey. I've been looking around for a while and this one is perfect.

Just would love to know that it is authentic.

Much appreciated!

If that is the actual picture of the jersey then I would think that it is a knockoff. I thought all authentic jerseys, even authentic replicas, had either the team logo, the NHL logo or CCM on the lower back hem or just above the name. I know the new style Reebok jerseys don't have this but the older CCM did.

Hasek Replica

Probert Authentic

If you mean is it from China, I doubt it. They typically don't make those players that they have in that sellers store.

The lettering looks good, not the typical innaccurate China lettering. As far as the actual jersey its hard to tell since the authentic companies, RBK, Nike, CCM make many replica style blanks. Its odd as it has no embroidered stamp in the back, NHL or puck. Its hard to tell if its a pro or replica weight. If its a replica weight $200 is on the top end of pricing as pro weight jerseys usually sold for $260-$270.

For it to be totally accurate for 1998 it would have to have a NHL logo on the back right lower trim next to a Nike swoosh.

If you don't care who the player is you can find cheaper alternatives, see the link below.

SportSK

i have a 1998 mccarty autographed authentic. it doesnt have the patch but it is a white nike size 52 with fight strap, swoosh and nhl logo on the bottom back. pretty much nothing like the one shown

It is not authentic. Reason being - you can see the CCM tag on the neck. Wings wore Nike jerseys that year. There should also be an NHL shield on the bottom right and CCM next to it. I used to own a white authentic Nike w/ McCarty and both patches from that year on it and that had the swoosh and NHL shield at the bottom. I sold it last year or else I'd show you a pic. But this is definitely a fake.