Sign in to follow this  
b.shanafan14

Possibility that Williams plays Game 5

Rate this topic

Here's my thinking.

Lose 3 games. No Ritola.

Win game with Ritola in.

Play with Ritola in.

When certain guys are in the team plays different. You get different looks and you play a different game because it affects who you get passes from and who you pass to. You play a different game when Datsyuk is your center as opposed to Draper or Helm.

With Ritola there is more play along the boards on his line, with him doing it there is another player open waiting for a pass or covering a man who would otherwise be the guy playing along the boards with Williams just standing around waiting for the puck.

he also falls down everytime he tries to hit. he is softer than pudding.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Please.... god.... no.... Why would Babcock switch up a winning lineup and for Williams of all people?? Lets hope he keeps his sanity, I thought Ritola was a huge improvement and could at least play with the fourth line.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100508/SPORTS0103/5080354/1128/SPORTS0103/Wings-halt-Sharks--momentum

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Wings are 0-3 in PO games this year when Williams Dresses correct?

Sigh... I just don't get it. I mean... Why is he even an option at this point?

Mike Babcock is one of the best coaches in the league. In his own mind he sees something useful about Williams. Time and time again Willy underwhelms.

I just don't get it.

Did Brad May s*** in Babcock's pool for him to not even be considered over those 2 players?

Ritola isn't used to big games and Williams is used to ******* up in them.

Give May a chance to come out there and give the 4th line some energy. This is his month of the year, literally. :D

That's what i've been saying.Its ridiculous.Brad May knows his role and he's responsible defensively.He's been in these situations before and has a ring to prove it.Give the guy a chance.

Sigh... I just don't get it. I mean... Why is he even an option at this point?

Mike Babcock is one of the best coaches in the league. In his own mind he sees something useful about Williams. Time and time again Willy underwhelms.

I just don't get it.

It's the right hand shot from the point! It's gotta go in anytime soon now!

Mainly about Stuart being a game-time decision, but also says lineup will stay the same outside of Stuart.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/05/red_wings_defenseman_brad_stua_2.html

Coach Mike Babcock said Brett Lebda will be inserted into the lineup if Stuart can't play. Other than that, the lineup remains the same for the Red Wings.

Forward Patrick Eaves will miss his fourth consecutive game due to an elbow injury.

I have a theory about this, and I'm surprised nobody here has mentioned anything similar.

Dan Boyle was our goat in the last series, the one who made a pass that went into our own net in OT, costing us that game. Talk about hated here in San Jose (not by me, but definitely by many Sharks fans). After that game, Dan Boyle became the one Sharks player with THE most to prove. He knew that he had to do everything in his power to redeem himself, and he DID. In spades. The very next game, and he's been pretty solid since.

Anybody remember the Jack In The Box scare back in 1992, when several lots of E. coli tainted hamburger were improperly cooked, and kids were getting sick (I think one even died). Even after the cause was identified, I remember people saying they would avoid Jack In The Box at all costs. My thought was different, and I went there REGULARLY to eat, because, my thinking went, of ALL the fast food restaurants out there, NONE are nearly as safe, at this very moment, as the one restaurant that is now under the gun, and under investigation with a public relations nightmare on their hands! That meant NO lines for me to wait in, I had the restaurant, a VERY SAFE, ULTRA-CLEAN RESTAURANT, practically to myself for at least a couple of months.

On that same line of reasoning, you're all harping on Williams when I personally think you should be BANKING on him. Few other Detroit players have as much to prove as Williams does now. If he was given the chance, he could be dangerous.

As a Sharks fan, not a Wings fan, I am the one who would hope that Williams wouldn't get any shots at redemption.

Edited by Grypho

I have a theory about this, and I'm surprised nobody here has mentioned anything similar.

Dan Boyle was our goat in the last series, the one who made a pass that went into our own net in OT, costing us that game. Talk about hated here in San Jose (not by me, but definitely by many Sharks fans). After that game, Dan Boyle became the one Sharks player with THE most to prove. He knew that he had to do everything in his power to redeem himself, and he DID. In spades. The very next game, and he's been pretty solid since.

Anybody remember the Jack In The Box scare back in 1992, when several lots of E. coli tainted hamburger were improperly cooked, and kids were getting sick (I think one even died). Even after the cause was identified, I remember people saying they would avoid Jack In The Box at all costs. My thought was different, and I went there REGULARLY to eat, because, my thinking went, of ALL the fast food restaurants out there, NONE are nearly as safe, at this very moment, as the one restaurant that is now under the gun, and under investigation with a public relations nightmare on their hands! That meant NO lines for me to wait in, I had the restaurant, a VERY SAFE, ULTRA-CLEAN RESTAURANT, practically to myself for at least a couple of months.

On that same line of reasoning, you're all harping on Williams when I personally think you should be BANKING on him. Few other Detroit players have as much to prove as Williams does now. If he was given the chance, he could be dangerous.

As a Sharks fan, not a Wings fan, I am the one who would hope that Williams wouldn't get any shots at redemption.

This is all nice and logical, except we're still talking about Williams here...

You do not know Jason Williams. This isn't a Dan Boyle situation. Williams just isn't any good.

Nobody here wanted Williams back this season so we have every right to throw him under the bus when he has done exactly what has been predicted. 0!

Edited by zettie85

go with what works...

ha i didnt even notice that ritola played the last game.

either he really didnt stand out...or i just had one to many beers before the game.

This is completely off topic but god damn it i want to try some jack in the box, they have commercials for it all the time and i wish i lived on the west coast some times just so i could try it.