• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Never thought i'd say this,but...

Rate this topic

Too bad all of our players seem to have NTCs. If I have one fault with Kenny, its his that he hands out NTCs way too easily. I always thought of the NTC as something reserved for the super-elite. Like Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zet. We have dudes like Rafalski (say what you will about him) and Cleary who have NTCs, and I think it could hurt the team. Not a whole lot that can be done about it.

Too bad all of our players seem to have NTCs. If I have one fault with Kenny, its his that he hands out NTCs way too easily. I always thought of the NTC as something reserved for the super-elite. Like Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zet. We have dudes like Rafalski (say what you will about him) and Cleary who have NTCs, and I think it could hurt the team. Not a whole lot that can be done about it.

That along with the fact that he signs players for INSANELY long terms. Theres no guarantee today's superstar will still be playing like one in 2015.

Guest mindfly

How many more years does Rafalski have on his contract?Cleary?

Rafalski UFA 2012-13

Cleary UFA 2013-14

Guest Crymson

I'm sorta hoping for Kenny to trade Dan Cleary this off-season.He hasn't been nearly as effective this year.Good guy,but just hasn't been his usual clutch self this postseason.

He's still having groin problems from an injury he sustained late in the season.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

That along with the fact that he signs players for INSANELY long terms. Theres no guarantee today's superstar will still be playing like one in 2015.

While somewhat off topic, if you're implying the Franzen deal, I sincerely doubt he will play the full duration of his contract. Rafalski and Cleary's deals sounded good at the time, and honestly aren't that much overpayments compared to other teams, but I could see how in a few years they may be head scratching. Luckily inflation will keep rising.

He's still having groin problems from an injury he sustained late in the season.

In the words of Mickey "Bingo". I wouldn't say he's been terrible this PO's, but he deff isn't playing like last year.

The good news is a salary that is expensive today may not be so expensive in 5 years.

I'm sorta hoping for Kenny to trade Dan Cleary this off-season.He hasn't been nearly as effective this year.Good guy,but just hasn't been his usual clutch self this postseason.

Ladies and Gentleman my 2 cents... I hear that but there is no demand for players like cleary @ his age, there a dime a dozen anymore. Folks it hurts me to say it but its true, why would someone take cleary when they have someone younger, faster and stronger on there farm team? (this stems alot from this seasons performance obviously) He will get back though and give us a couple more good years then bid his adieu.

Edited by 13dangledangle

I think Cleary's been pretty good lately actually, but obviously he's not going to score like last year while playing with Helm and whoever instead of Franzen and Zetterberg.

He's a useful piece in that he can play on pretty much any line. Gotta be honest though, except for last year's playoffs with Hank and Mule, I've never found him to really, really find a place on the team or create any great chemistry with anyone.

He isnt going to light the world on fire playing with Helm and Miller. Danny plays great defence and is a physical player, he's a good net presence, and if you've watched him in past years you can see his groin is really affecting his skating in the playoffs, he cant move around on the boards and downlow like he normally does. He'll be fine.

5 players. Stuart's expires after this year. Slightly above average, but not outrageous. NTCs are a benefit, that's it. Something to bargain with in lieu of extra money. There's some risk, but also reward. Kenny is an excellent GM, not a psychic. Maybe without the NTCs we don't have Rafi and a Cup in 08. Maybe no Cleary and no trip to the Finals last year. Or maybe we'd be better off. Who can say?

At most, you could say that Rafi and Cleary have debateable value. Neither is obviously a detriment to the team, nor is it obvious that we could improve by trading them. Can't really say that they are definitively 'bad' NTCs.

So he took a bit of a risk on two long term contracts in order to keep two star players here in a difficult cap situation. Had he given one to Hossa, or does another one this summer, I'll start to get worried. Two isn't bad, especially when one is Zetterberg.