• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 5 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Holmstrom will get atleast a goal called back for goaltender interference and then a "intend to blow whistle" call against, count on it.

I didn't know that we were so pathetic:

Never over a 7 day period have I developed as much hatred for a fan base as I have during this past week. Since this series started I have lost respect more and more for the Red Wings fans. For an original 6 franchise that has won many cups, and have won recently they are the biggest bunch of a-hole cry babies ever. I don't know if its because of the modern day blogging or how ridiculous the media has become now-a-days with needing to make everything into a story but I have read so much ridiculous s**t over the past 7 days that I want to puke. Whether its the cries of "The refs hate us, the NHL wants us to lose", or the BS blogging quotes:

"How many seeds of doubt were planted in the minds of a surprisingly childish Sharks team tonight (Joe Thornton(notes), third period)?" -Matt Saler

"Punk. Thornton, Patrick Marleau(notes), and Dany Heatley(notes) have taken pages out of the Anaheim Ducks' book all series long, trying to instigate and toss cheap shots at the Red Wings' stars, just like Ryan Getzlaf(notes) and Katy Perry do. Classy bunch. I hope the Wings finally have a little "hate on" for the Sharks after this one, because Thornton most certainly showed his true colors tonight, and they aren't teal." -George Malik

I love how someone can call the Sharks team childish after 3 games in a row an entire fan base blamed their losses on referees and then proceeded to wear tin foil hats to the first home game because they feared a conspiracy against the NHL's "precious Red Wings".

And this George Malik guy is a joke. I don't know how anyone can call Thornton or Marleau punks, especially when their team is employing the biggest punk of all time Todd Bertuzzi. Marleau and Thornton are completely the opposite of punks, they are soft. I read that Red Wings fans who commented on yahoo sports page said "you know what your getting when you read George Malik's blog, so you can't be mad". Yea you are getting an idiot who sees only through Red glasses.

I'm pretty much done venting I am just praying that the Sharks can win on saturday for several reasons:

1. We can move past this Red Wings mental curse finally.

2. The NHL media can shut the f**k up about choke acts.

3. Red Wing fans/bloggers can cry themselves a river but atleast it won't be in the news anymore.

4. My hatred for the Wings fans/bloggers can be changed to pity.

Lastly I feel bad for the players of the Red Wings franchise because as much as I hate the team they have some amazing players and future hall-of-famers, it's sad they are disgraced with such pathetic fans/bloggers.

DONE!

Shark forum

Edited by Marty Barry

Game Five

This is the 74th Game Five in a playoff series. The Club's record in the previous 73 games:

37W-36L.

This is the 69th Game Five in a best-of-seven playoff series. The Club's record in the previous 68 games:

32W-36L.

This is the 23rd Game Five in a best-of-seven playoff series with no home-ice advantage. The Club's record in the previous 22 games:

5W-17L.

This is the 32nd Game Five in the Conference era. The Club's record in the previous 31 games:

16W-15L.

Game Five with Series 1-3.

This is the 19th Game Five in a best-of-seven playoff series with the series 1-3.. The Club's record in the previous 18 games:

10W-8L.

This is the 6th Game Five in a best-of-seven semifinal playoff series with the series 1-3. The Club's record in the previous 5 games:

4W-1L.

This is the 2nd Game Five in a Conference Semifinal with the series 1-3. The Club's record in the previous game:

1W-0L.

Game Five vs. San Jose

This is the 1st Game Five vs. San Jose in a best-of-seven series with the series 1-3.

This is the 1st Game Five vs. San Jose in a best-of-seven semifinal series with the series 1-3.

This is the 1st Game Five vs. San Jose in a Conference Semifinal with the series 1-3.

On This Date

May 8.

This is the 5th playoff game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 4 games:

1W-3L.

LGW.

sly.gif

Go Franzen, it's your birthday!

Well, last night I had a dream that the Wings lost, woke up and didn't like that idea too much, went back to sleep and dreamed that the Wings won. So uh, yeah, I don't know where that leaves us. For what it's worth, the one where they won seemed more realistic. It definitely tells you what my state of mind is like...7:00 can't come fast enough.

Weird. I had two dreams like that too.

Looking forward to a great game tonight. I'll be gearing up and heading down to HP pavilion in a few short hours. I expect the same from the wings...I expect them to come with everything they have. The only difference is that I expect the Sharks to be ready and match them stride for stride. A close battle all the way till the end, I'm expecting another barn burner like the first 3 were. Nothing like playoff hockey.

It worked last time so I won't watch this one live...hoping to get equally surprised this time...

Thanks, Mindfly. I hope it makes a difference. I didn't wear any Red Wings stuff for game four, so I'm gonna do the same thing again. Strange, but true. :ph34r:

Sharks just need to win. THe Sharks don't need to give life to the WIngs.

Ya think??!! :lol: In the past, I think you've been right about the Sharks giving life to the Wings. But I'd say the Wings enlivened themselves in game four. :)

By the way, I can't remember a time when we've had visitors who showed so much class and understanding of The Game. :thumbup:

Babcock, you went all Mike Leach on them last time, why not again?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ETAscvrZcQ

Oh gawd, please not. Texas just got rid of him. What a self-destructive loser.

If you don't like it,then get the f*** out of here.You're doing more whining than anyone else here.Your lucky the NHL is dumb enough to put a hockey team in San Jose.You guys don't deserve a hockey team.When we come back down from 3-0 you're gonna be "crying a river claiming a conspiracy against the Sharks".Shut the f*** up.

I think Marty's column was a copy from the Sharks' board. Check the link. It threw me for a minute too. But it sure didn't sound like the Marty we know. And he doesn't ***** like a lot of us do, so I don't know what you're referring to on that one. I hope, I think I'm right on this. :ph34r:

I think Marty's column was a copy from the Sharks' board. Check the link. It threw me for a minute too. But it sure didn't sound like the Marty we know. And he doesn't ***** like a lot of us do, so I don't know what you're referring to on that one. I hope, I think I'm right on this. :ph34r:

Your right. I just reread my post and maybe a little preface was in order. Sorry. I'm gonna go kick my ass for a minute. See you at gametime.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

I feel like this is a must win. We can't give the Sharks any hope. Wait...what.