• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 5 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2

Rate this topic

You know what I'm sick of? The wings staying along the boards. Anyone else notice that all ******* game? Perimeter shots. Wow, they put up 30 perimeter shots, including the one that scored. How many chances did they have in the center of the ice? 1 or 2? Almost nothing. Even when the game was on the line late in the 3rd everyone was staying along the boards. I Give SJ some credit for that but the Wings were slow today and they weren't crashing the net at all. Where were the shots at the net in traffic? NONE. UGh. I hate that we lost this way. I really do.

Assholes? The Sharks were the better team. We got beat in every. *******. aspect of the game.

Its good to see smart wings fans acknowledging that.

Faceoffs? San Jose's favor, especially key faceoffs that you needed to win.

Scoring Chances? San Jose's favor

Turnovers? San Jose has less in the series.

The Sharks were hungrier. Nabokov really exorcised some playoff demons. Howard played well, but he did have a couple bad goals in the series. He will learn from those and deserves another shot.

I have to say that I kind of feel a sense of relief now that it's all over. I never thought they would win the cup this year anyway, and now that they're out I can just enjoy the rest of the play-offs. And they can get an extra month or so of rest. I just hope that Lids doesn't retire.

Chris

Ever since the lock out this league has gone down the toilet. To be honest, the Sharks never earned this series. The reffing was horrible for all the teams. I don't know how this bush league is ever expected to be respected.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. How could this league ever be mainstream? The refs decide the majority of games at this point. 1-1 tie in a potential series-deciding game and SJ ends up with a penalty shot, then a crucial offensive zone faceoff after a blatant penalty that leads to a goal. Thanks for the penalty with 40 seconds left, ****** f***s.

Probably the worst reffed series I've ever seen.....and thats saying a LOT. However, if we were truly the better team, I think we would have been able to overcome it and still beat them.

Many questions this offseason, especially with the (overhyped, overrated) return of short-round.

If Lidstrom stays, I hope we trade him. I've always (well, not always, but sometimes) came to the defense of Rafalski, but f*** him.

Ship him and Hudler off for whoever.

That NTC of Raf's is going to put a damper on that idea...

Its good to see smart wings fans acknowledging that.

Faceoffs? San Jose's favor, especially key faceoffs that you needed to win.

Scoring Chances? San Jose's favor

Turnovers? San Jose has less in the series.

The Sharks were hungrier. Nabokov really exorcised some playoff demons. Howard played well, but he did have a couple bad goals in the series. He will learn from those and deserves another shot.

I defintiely agree with you guys, but the problem I have is that the penalty calls called in favor of SJ all game long were at absolutely crucial times and were mostly called inappropriately. But where we really lost the series was on faceoffs. We couldn't win faceoffs when we were on the PK and it kileld us, just like that first goal tonight. The 2md goal we won the faceoff but didn't get the puck out and we got scored on.

Oh, stop blaming the referees. When you don't win face-offs, don't play with any strength or heart, or any "give a damn", you're going to lose. And the Sharks showed Detroit that. Not that Detroit gives a damn.

Yeah, there were tons of bad calls against Detroit. The winning goal came off a non-call. Who cares. They had PLENTY of time to get back in the game.

This Detroit team deserved to lose. Call me an idiot, a bandwagon fan, whatever. If they played like game #4, I would be singing a different tune. But they only played like they wanted to win twice in these playoffs. Sorry, but no matter how big of a fan I am, I'm not going to pretend like they are superheroes. Instead I am going to see them for what they were this postseason: Real people with a bad work ethic. If your co-workers were lazy, you'd be pissed too.

Only one thing to do now, Cry like a little girl on my webcam and put it up on Youtube.

Thankfully <_< in 10 hours i get to see Man Utd lose the Premier League with on 1 point after equally s***ty refereeing in the games against Chelsea :ranting:

Sunday May 9th 2010 not my best day :thumbdown:

Edited by Norwegian Wing

I feel terrible. I absolutely feel that the San Jose Sharks did not earn this series. With that said, I don't think the Wings would have had enough gas to beat Chicago had they made a miraculous comeback in this series, but I sure would feel vindicated. Man my ass is gonna be busted by lukewarm Flames fans come Monday....

Edited by WinginCanada

You know what I'm sick of? The wings staying along the boards. Anyone else notice that all ******* game? Perimeter shots. Wow, they put up 30 perimeter shots, including the one that scored. How many chances did they have in the center of the ice? 1 or 2? Almost nothing. Even when the game was on the line late in the 3rd everyone was staying along the boards. I Give SJ some credit for that but the Wings were slow today and they weren't crashing the net at all. Where were the shots at the net in traffic? NONE. UGh. I hate that we lost this way. I really do.

This

Poor showing. I miss the days where Mac, Malts, Draper, Yezerman and Shanny, were standing up on the bench, firing their team up, playing with heart, throwing weight around, shooting, going all out.

A little less skill, a little more heart should be the off season strategy.

Howard had a great rookie year. A few bad goals, but, he's a rookie, he's supposed to play like a rookie. Tonight, he played fantastic. Hope he comes back stronger next year.

I don't understand how anyone could think this was a good season. There's no such thing as a good season unless the Wings win it all.

Edited by FunkedUp